Skarlo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skarlo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skarlo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skarlo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skarlo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skarlo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skarlo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skarlo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skarlo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skarlo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skarlo is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Does Partying Make You Dumber? (srs)

So I'm a junior in high school right now and I've never drank, smoked, or done anything like that. I have good grades, am fairly smart, and hope to reach success in high school, and in life. Many of my friends are similar. They do not drink, do not smoke, and are fairly clean in that sense. However, being a fairly social individual, I have friends who do partake in these activities. I am not inclined against these activities at all, in fact, I am curious. As a teen who has not ever been to a house party yet still enjoys socializing and having fun, I am curious about the other side. Recently, a friend offered to take me to an approaching party, likely with drinking, smoking, and etc.

If I do go, I would likely only drink and socialize. However, my main reservations against doing so lie with the fear that this would somehow permanently alter my mental well being. I don't mean this in a philosophical way, rather, I am literally afraid that drinking will somehow make me dumber. This is essentially my only worry as my parents are fairly understanding (I'm mostly independent as they are not strict) and my friends do provide that opportunity. This might sound stupid to you but my brain is probably my best asset, and I don't want to ruin that. However, if drinking is mostly innocuous, I definitely want to experience it out of curiosity.

Ultimately, through this thread, I want to know if drinking (say once a month at most) can significantly impact a developing brain (biologically) and if doing so is even worth it at this point in life (high school).

kyledvor61 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kyledvor61 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kyledvor61 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kyledvor61 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kyledvor61 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kyledvor61 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kyledvor61 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kyledvor61 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kyledvor61 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kyledvor61 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kyledvor61 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Incredibly well formed thread opener OP. Unfortunately this is the misc and it's unlikely you'll receive an adequate response.

Have you consulted teh Google?
    Cut down to 8% @151lbs. On a mission to bulk to 175.

***no imressive maxes to report crew***

Skarlo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skarlo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skarlo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skarlo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skarlo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skarlo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skarlo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skarlo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skarlo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skarlo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Skarlo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by kyledvor61 View Post
    Incredibly well formed thread opener OP. Unfortunately this is the misc and it's unlikely you'll receive an adequate response.

Have you consulted teh Google?
    Honestly a lot of what's on the internet seems to be very anti-underaged drinking which may be because it is actually very bad for you, but also because it is known that teenagers today tend to go to the web for help, thus educators and etc. likely target these articles towards such inquiries. What results is (in my opinion) fairly biased and almost cheesy articles.

Case in point: http://www.toosmarttostart.samhsa.go...cts/myths.aspx

Furthermore, I believe that most things are harmless in moderation. Of course binge drinking and partying every weekend can be bad for you, but that's not something I plan on doing. Simply, it is something I want to experience to fulfill my curiosity, not to make a lifestyle of.

I choose to consult the misc and other such forums because I honestly believe a response from my peers is more accurate and relevant than a cheesy article online.
    Last edited by Skarlo; 11-02-2014 at 09:34 PM.

MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000) MilkBender is a name known to all. (+5000)
    idk but you will probably be able to socialize a little better = increased skill (in socializing) aka brain gainz

party hard and enjoy brain gains
    sig line can't be a novel crew. and I'll be banned if I make it a novel again

TrenRex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TrenRex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TrenRex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TrenRex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TrenRex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TrenRex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TrenRex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TrenRex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TrenRex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TrenRex has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Believe it or not it has been proven by a myriad of scientific studies that those who love to party and do drugs are generally smarter people, I know this sounds ridiculous but look up the studies on PubMed (they were John's Hopkins studies I'm pretty sure). This of course is not to say partying makes you smart, it just says that if you like getting ****ed up it is very probable that you are actually one of the smarter people in the population, I wanted to quote these studies so that you could see that partying isn't just for ****ing retards and that it won't affect your mental capacity. Like damn dude I got the highest score in my whole school while strung out on ******* and heroin (not proud of it, I'm clean now but I wanted to use myself as an example), so you shouldn't use this as an excuse to not party (maybe you aren't, but it just seems to me that you are a beta type nerdy dude who is rationalizing that partying and having fun is going to make you dumb so you don't have to get out of your shell and ****ing have some fun). So yeah, partying won't make you dumb and if you love to party it is possible that you are one of the smarter people in your class (no generalizing of course, lots of dumb people party too).

EDIT- Disregard the fact I am in the red by the way, I just got on these forums and apparently someone didn't like some of the advice I gave them (even though it was the right advice and they were being ****ing retarded). Also, when it comes to partying I feel that drinking must be kept to a minimum (like 1 or 2 times a week) and other less neurotoxic alternatives should be used when possible, as they are generally more fun and they won't leave you feeling like **** in the morning
    Last edited by TrenRex; 11-03-2014 at 02:20 AM.

dopee will become famous soon enough. (+50) dopee will become famous soon enough. (+50) dopee will become famous soon enough. (+50) dopee will become famous soon enough. (+50) dopee will become famous soon enough. (+50) dopee will become famous soon enough. (+50) dopee will become famous soon enough. (+50) dopee will become famous soon enough. (+50) dopee will become famous soon enough. (+50) dopee will become famous soon enough. (+50) dopee will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Honestly, unless you are naturally intelligent ie. Top 5% then you shouldn't be worrying about whether partying will make you less intelligent. Its statistically unlikely that you fall into this 5% and most likely getting out there and being social and networking will be better for your life. I fall into the top 2% at worst and drink heavily 3-5 times per week so stop worrying.

also too long didn't read just guessed from your title
    *Rough hands stop me fapping crew*
    *Would struggle to find it anyway crew*
    *Mum laughed at my penor when i was born crew*
    *Scared to pee next to strangers now crew*
    *Cubicle creeper crew*

Don't associate with the poor crew

Roody12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Roody12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Roody12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Roody12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Roody12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Roody12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Roody12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Roody12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Roody12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Roody12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Roody12 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Distinction average in civil engineering/finance and I party/drink regularly. Don't worry brah, unless you wanna study while you're drinking it's not gonna affect anything.
    The other half of Sydney crew* (Not Chestbrah's half)
    Its not a gambling addiction if you win crew*
    Addicted to gambling crew*
    Piss right in the middle of the bowl to make as much noise as possible and assert my dominance crew*
    Too alpha to maintain eye contact with myself in the mirror crew*
    60% of the time .. It works everytime. Cologne crew*
    Creed Aventus is my 11/10

Registered User TheFuarkingBoss's Avatar
    TheFuarkingBoss is a name known to all. (+5000) TheFuarkingBoss is a name known to all. (+5000) TheFuarkingBoss is a name known to all. (+5000) TheFuarkingBoss is a name known to all. (+5000) TheFuarkingBoss is a name known to all. (+5000) TheFuarkingBoss is a name known to all. (+5000) TheFuarkingBoss is a name known to all. (+5000) TheFuarkingBoss is a name known to all. (+5000) TheFuarkingBoss is a name known to all. (+5000) TheFuarkingBoss is a name known to all. (+5000) TheFuarkingBoss is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Just go party brah, i started 15 and didn't stop until about 20-21 now I rarely go out but I am happy I got that chit over and done with. It might of made me a bit dumber or maybe my memory isn't as good as it was but I am different now, gym my career my body amd my mind are my main focus now. I read more than I ever did I meditate I am focused my vocabulary has improved. Also I am happy as I feel like I have been there done that chit.

I also did find that the smart down to earth people partied hardest took the most substances but still turned out fine.
    Brah

JOzzie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JOzzie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JOzzie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JOzzie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JOzzie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JOzzie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JOzzie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JOzzie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JOzzie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JOzzie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JOzzie is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I didnt read the post but a few notes:

excessive drinking does lower cognitive levels
    excessive marijuana will not cause any cognitive effects, it will only lower your inhibitions

in my opinion it doesn't make you stupid it just changes your behaviour and attitude until you end up stupid.
    ****Soccer Brah****

Mattschill is just really nice. (+1000) Mattschill is just really nice. (+1000) Mattschill is just really nice. (+1000) Mattschill is just really nice. (+1000) Mattschill is just really nice. (+1000) Mattschill is just really nice. (+1000) Mattschill is just really nice. (+1000) Mattschill is just really nice. (+1000) Mattschill is just really nice. (+1000) Mattschill is just really nice. (+1000) Mattschill is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just let chit happen man. Try to have fun. And if anything, you're wiser after your experiences
    Event/Current/Goal
    200 IM/1:59.60/1:54.99
    100 Back/54.60/51.99
    100 Free/48.05/47.49
    50 Free/22.11/21.99

Call me Rich cuz I'm here bro

Ronskie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronskie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronskie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronskie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronskie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronskie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronskie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronskie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronskie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronskie will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ronskie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JOzzie View Post
    I didnt read the post but a few notes:

excessive drinking does lower cognitive levels
    excessive marijuana will not cause any cognitive effects, it will only lower your inhibitions

in my opinion it doesn't make you stupid it just changes your behaviour and attitude until you end up stupid.
    thiss

heavysixer77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavysixer77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavysixer77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavysixer77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavysixer77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavysixer77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavysixer77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavysixer77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavysixer77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavysixer77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) heavysixer77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Skarlo View Post
    So I'm a junior in high school right now and I've never drank, smoked, or done anything like that. I have good grades, am fairly smart, and hope to reach success in high school, and in life. Many of my friends are similar. They do not drink, do not smoke, and are fairly clean in that sense. However, being a fairly social individual, I have friends who do partake in these activities. I am not inclined against these activities at all, in fact, I am curious. As a teen who has not ever been to a house party yet still enjoys socializing and having fun, I am curious about the other side. Recently, a friend offered to take me to an approaching party, likely with drinking, smoking, and etc.

If I do go, I would likely only drink and socialize. However, my main reservations against doing so lie with the fear that this would somehow permanently alter my mental well being. I don't mean this in a philosophical way, rather, I am literally afraid that drinking will somehow make me dumber. This is essentially my only worry as my parents are fairly understanding (I'm mostly independent as they are not strict) and my friends do provide that opportunity. This might sound stupid to you but my brain is probably my best asset, and I don't want to ruin that. However, if drinking is mostly innocuous, I definitely want to experience it out of curiosity.

Ultimately, through this thread, I want to know if drinking (say once a month at most) can significantly impact a developing brain (biologically) and if doing so is even worth it at this point in life (high school).
    Op I used to be in your shoes this time last year (although it was my senior year.) It eventually turned into 3 months of wasting money drugs and alcohol every weekend and dipping into week days, it started off once a month but it got worse and worse. Just don't drink or smoke, it's stupid. Thankfully I met my girlfriend in May and she saved me from where I was going. Just don't do it op, you can have fun without doing any of that.
    Current Maxes- in lbs
    B-315
    S- 405
    D-500
    Fs-315
    Power clean- 225
    • FATAESTHETICS CREW •

iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamdetermined has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TrenRex View Post
    Believe it or not it has been proven by a myriad of scientific studies that those who love to party and do drugs are generally smarter people, I know this sounds ridiculous but look up the studies on PubMed (they were John's Hopkins studies I'm pretty sure). This of course is not to say partying makes you smart, it just says that if you like getting ****ed up it is very probable that you are actually one of the smarter people in the population, I wanted to quote these studies so that you could see that partying isn't just for ****ing retards and that it won't affect your mental capacity. Like damn dude I got the highest score in my whole school while strung out on ******* and heroin (not proud of it, I'm clean now but I wanted to use myself as an example), so you shouldn't use this as an excuse to not party (maybe you aren't, but it just seems to me that you are a beta type nerdy dude who is rationalizing that partying and having fun is going to make you dumb so you don't have to get out of your shell and ****ing have some fun). So yeah, partying won't make you dumb and if you love to party it is possible that you are one of the smarter people in your class (no generalizing of course, lots of dumb people party too).

EDIT- Disregard the fact I am in the red by the way, I just got on these forums and apparently someone didn't like some of the advice I gave them (even though it was the right advice and they were being ****ing retarded). Also, when it comes to partying I feel that drinking must be kept to a minimum (like 1 or 2 times a week) and other less neurotoxic alternatives should be used when possible, as they are generally more fun and they won't leave you feeling like **** in the morning
    Not sure if you're trolling but I actually read an article for a paper that said smart people are attracted to evolutionary novel experiences which may make them more likely to do drugs and other risky behavior. Here's the abstract.

Edit: phone is going full retard, link is in the reason for editing
    Last edited by iamdetermined; 11-03-2014 at 10:09 AM. Reason: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289613001177
    Do not think that what is hard for you to master is humanly impossible; and if it is humanly possible, consider it to be within your reach.

JOzzie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JOzzie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JOzzie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JOzzie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JOzzie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JOzzie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JOzzie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JOzzie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JOzzie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JOzzie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JOzzie is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by iamdetermined View Post
    Not sure if you're trolling but I actually read an article for a paper that said smart people are attracted to evolutionary novel experiences which may make them more likely to do drugs and other risky behavior. Here's the abstract.

Edit: phone is going full retard, link is in the reason for editing
    can confirm this. I know the leading Neuroscientist in the country, smartest guy I have ever known. Turns out he's tried every type of brain tripping hallucinatory drug out there
    ****Soccer Brah****

Perpetually narcissistic. TwoCats's Avatar
    TwoCats will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwoCats will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwoCats will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwoCats will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwoCats will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwoCats will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwoCats will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwoCats will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwoCats will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwoCats will become famous soon enough. (+50) TwoCats will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's a balancing act. Focus on studying during the week and party on the weekends.

Partying will not make you dumber. Besides, you can meet some really cool people.
    -Male model crew-
    -Narcissistic crew-
    -Facial aesthetics crew-
    -Under 30-inch waist crew-
    -Gets complimented daily crew-
    -All my exes still try to have sex with me crew-
    -Never been rejected by a girl for her number crew-