Hooperski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hooperski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hooperski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hooperski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hooperski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hooperski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hooperski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Confused am I doing enough to loose weight and gain muscle

Basically I'm re-doing my first post only asking correctly. I'm 45 with too much chronic pain all over. I'm down from 336 1/2 to 274 and need to get to 235. Because of my pain issues I can't do alot of power movements like flat bench,squats,dead lift,bent over rows and lifts in this nature. I'm lifting heavy for me at 5am on mon.-wed. with 4-5 sets of reps that the 1st one is 10-12 2nd 6-9 3rd 2-5 with 30-50 seconds in between.Then thur.-sat.I do the same body parts only 12-16 reps with 15-20 seconds in between sets(body can't handle the pounding of heavy 2xs a wk). I always change the type of excercise around from bar to cables to dumbbells. Then 5-6 days a week I hit cardio in the lunch time hour(works best for me time wise). I alter days of HIIT for 25-30 minutes then a solid 45-60minutes of cardio slowly building up to 125-130 heart beats per minute. My diet is solid with healthy proteins of egg whites,fish,turkey,chicken,center cut pork loin,lean steak and so on. My carbs are uncooked fresh veggies for the most part and fruits. My starches are mainly sweet potatoes with once and a while a couple spoonfuls of pasta (can't help it but not often).Try and have 5-6 meals a day and plenty of water. I was wondering if this is ok or too much back and forth to gain the muscle I want and have an outside shot of having a nice cut body. Always was athletic and not ready to stop. Please help if I'm doing the right workout or need to tweek it around. By the way my height is 6'1"(before back surgery and age 6'2 1/2") and do abs twice a week.

koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It would help to separate this gigantic paragraph into key bullet points..

Congrats on the weight loss so far though!

And my only advice is to listen to your body. If your workout routine is getting stale, then change it. If it isn't, then keep it. It's as simple as that!
    Same goes to your diet. If you are not losing weight by the end of the week, then add more spices/ginger to your meals OR cut back on the carbs/fats.

Hooperski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hooperski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hooperski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hooperski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hooperski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hooperski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hooperski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by koweanguy View Post
    It would help to separate this gigantic paragraph into key bullet points..

Congrats on the weight loss so far though!

And my only advice is to listen to your body. If your workout routine is getting stale, then change it. If it isn't, then keep it. It's as simple as that!
    Same goes to your diet. If you are not losing weight by the end of the week, then add more spices/ginger to your meals OR cut back on the carbs/fats.
    Thanks for the info. I do try and put some type of hot peppers in all my protein meals. Not fun getting older hurts lol

Cosmology has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm not trying to be a dick here, but your program sounds like utter ****, look up something like Starting strength to get an Idea of the best way to progress in strength, and then change the exercies to the closest variations you can do. (Only 3 per day, 3 days a week, A and B days) so if you can't do squats try and replace them with bulgarian split squats or smith machine squats or something.