gahptramsenoru is not very helpful. (-500) gahptramsenoru is not very helpful. (-500) gahptramsenoru is not very helpful. (-500) gahptramsenoru is not very helpful. (-500) gahptramsenoru is not very helpful. (-500) gahptramsenoru is not very helpful. (-500) gahptramsenoru is not very helpful. (-500) gahptramsenoru is not very helpful. (-500) gahptramsenoru is not very helpful. (-500) gahptramsenoru is not very helpful. (-500) gahptramsenoru is not very helpful. (-500)

Effects of Insulin

All i see on the internet is everyone bagging the hell out of insulin spikes / sugar / foods with a high glycemic index. This angers me because probably 300g of my 400g (or more) of carbs a day are from sugar, because it is cheap and i am poor. also that it tastes amazing. My question is, is insulin a true inhibitor of Growth Hormone / Testosterone, and if it is, to what extent on a teenager, or really anyone. I am more concerned about the growth than the test because well, im 15 and im not really concerned about my T levels.

if it helps im 6'0 200 - 210lbs, in the same condition as my avatar with all 6 abs still (just, 14% bf if i had to guess), and am not currently lifting and havent been for around 2 months, because im natty and its useless. ty men
    Last edited by gahptramsenoru; 10-30-2014 at 01:46 AM.
    go to work, get married, have some kids, pay your taxes, pay your bills, watch your tv, follow fashion, act normal, obey the law. now repeat after me, i am free

- bulldog

gahptramsenoru is not very helpful. (-500) gahptramsenoru is not very helpful. (-500) gahptramsenoru is not very helpful. (-500) gahptramsenoru is not very helpful. (-500) gahptramsenoru is not very helpful. (-500) gahptramsenoru is not very helpful. (-500) gahptramsenoru is not very helpful. (-500) gahptramsenoru is not very helpful. (-500) gahptramsenoru is not very helpful. (-500) gahptramsenoru is not very helpful. (-500) gahptramsenoru is not very helpful. (-500)
    anyone with any knowledge past mine pls help
    go to work, get married, have some kids, pay your taxes, pay your bills, watch your tv, follow fashion, act normal, obey the law. now repeat after me, i am free

- bulldog

mattcx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Lol as far as I know Insulin is just a temporary fix. The effects wont last and you will look like **** later on

Originally Posted by mattcx View Post
    Lol as far as I know Insulin is just an oil that you would use for a temporary fix. The effects wont last and you will look like **** later on
    im talking about naturally occuring insulin levels, not injecting bruv. thanks for the input tho

- bulldog

shankskey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shankskey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shankskey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shankskey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by gahptramsenoru View Post
    im talking about naturally occuring insulin levels, not injecting bruv. thanks for the input tho
    Do you want insulin resistance?

strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by mattcx View Post
    Lol as far as I know Insulin is just an oil that you would use for a temporary fix. The effects wont last and you will look like **** later on
    What you know about it, is absolutely nothing at all. Your extremely misinformed... it's not even an oil. What we'll speak of it is absolutely nothing at all.

shankskey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shankskey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shankskey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) shankskey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by strangeclouds View Post
    What you know about it, is absolutely nothing at all. Your extremely misinformed... it's not even an oil. What we'll speak of it is absolutely nothing at all.
    Insulin is a hormone that counteracts sugar, we need it. Too much sugar = too much insulin = body can't keep up = not healthy.

CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Type one diabetic checking in.
    402/314/435-1151@213 w/ sleeves USPA

I can do all this through Christ who gives me strength.
    -Philippians 4:13

strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000) strangeclouds is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by shankskey View Post
    Insulin is a hormone that counteracts sugar, we need it. Too much sugar = too much insulin = body can't keep up = not healthy.
    oh wow.. google did wonders for you kid. How does this post justify your previous?

oh wow.. google did wonders for you kid. How does this post justify your previous?
    I don't know what you are on about. I learnt this from biology and from well respected websites years ago.

Edit: insulin resistance is a risk even if you are fit. Btw, don't mean to scare you op. You'll be fine.

Edit 2: Thanks for the compliment.

Originally Posted by shankskey View Post
    I don't know what you are on about. I learnt this from biology and from well respected websites years ago.

Edit: insulin resistance is a risk even if you are fit. Btw, don't mean to scare you op. You'll be fine.

Edit 2: Thanks for the compliment.
    No compliments made, first post was completely stupid. Second was common knowledge.

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    All i see on the internet is everyone bagging the hell out of insulin spikes / sugar / foods with a high glycemic index. This angers me because probably 300g of my 400g (or more) of carbs a day are from sugar, because it is cheap and i am poor. also that it tastes amazing. My question is, is insulin a true inhibitor of Growth Hormone / Testosterone, and if it is, to what extent on a teenager, or really anyone. I am more concerned about the growth than the test because well, im 15 and im not really concerned about my T levels.

if it helps im 6'0 200 - 210lbs, in the same condition as my avatar with all 6 abs still (just, 14% bf if i had to guess), and am not currently lifting and havent been for around 2 months, because im natty and its useless. ty men

If this is the case, then you need to see a doctor and get your levels checked.

That's terrible.

OregonBaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OregonBaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OregonBaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OregonBaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OregonBaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OregonBaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OregonBaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OregonBaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OregonBaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OregonBaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OregonBaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Holy phuck I remember you posting from years ago when I first joined. Long fuking time no see brah

No compliments made, first post was completely stupid. Second was common knowledge.
    What are you saying? Are you saying if you stuff sugar into yourself every day, you pancreas won't shut off? no hard feelings though.

JoeDaniel19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoeDaniel19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoeDaniel19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoeDaniel19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoeDaniel19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoeDaniel19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoeDaniel19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoeDaniel19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoeDaniel19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoeDaniel19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JoeDaniel19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Change your diet with lower carbs and less sugar. You're putting yourself at a high risk for insulin resistance (Type 2 Diabetes) because of your constant jacked up blood sugars; you're pretty much continually exhausting your liver and pancreas. Insulin is simply a hormone responsible for trans-location of nutrients/sugars.

Hormonal regulation and cycles is a complicated topic and I don't want to get too technical. In simple terms, no, insulin is not a true inhibitor of GH. However, they are both antagonist (function opposite of each other) and so if one is high, the other is usually low. GH is released with LOW BLOOD SUGAR, during sleep, and heavy exercise.

Just to make things a little wee complicated, your body has another GH known as IGF-1 (Insulin-like Growth Factor 1) which binds to the same receptors as insulin. So use some critical thinking here bud. Insulin = increased with high blood sugar, whereas IGF-1 = increased with low blood sugar.

To answer your question, insulin is only secondary to your GH, as the primary cause is your diet. brah