Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Are we morally obligated?

BH's thread about wanting to confront the people who had beaten up a man elicited some very interesting responses. Are we morally obligated to help or jump in when you see a "wrong" being committed? Does it depend on the severity, ie., robbery, a woman or child being assaulted vs. petty theft, etc?

For some people it's a trigger response where they act instantly without thinking. Some people can literally "shut off" what they had seen and not get involved. It is easy to rationalize and analyze the situation after the crime was committed but how do we really act while it's actually happening?
    "Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by a$$holes"

William Gibson

"...I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul."

William Ernest Henley

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Desparado View Post
    BH's thread about wanting to confront the people who had beaten up a man elicited some very interesting responses. Are we morally obligated to help or jump in when you see a "wrong" being committed? Does it depend on the severity, ie., robbery, a woman or child being assaulted vs. petty theft, etc?

For some people it's a trigger response where they act instantly without thinking. Some people can literally "shut off" what they had seen and not get involved. It is easy to rationalize and analyze the situation after the crime was committed but how do we really act while it's actually happening?
    I don't know if it is morally obligated, but I know I will always get in if I see someone getting hurt in anyway. Unless it is a one on one fight between two men.
    On the list for Bannukah

MsBodyhard is just really nice. (+1000) MsBodyhard is just really nice. (+1000) MsBodyhard is just really nice. (+1000) MsBodyhard is just really nice. (+1000) MsBodyhard is just really nice. (+1000) MsBodyhard is just really nice. (+1000) MsBodyhard is just really nice. (+1000) MsBodyhard is just really nice. (+1000) MsBodyhard is just really nice. (+1000) MsBodyhard is just really nice. (+1000) MsBodyhard is just really nice. (+1000)
    My husband would get in each and every time with little to no regard for himself, I love him and hate him for it.
    To be Loved is to be Loved By Bodyhard

Progress not Perfection cowboybiker's Avatar
    cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Then don't get involved.

Just stand back and take vids that you can post on the internet, and then question what is wrong with people and society.
    Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. – Thomas Jefferson

Be yourself; Everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I do not believe it is a moral obligation. For me, it is offensive and would be instinct to act to a degree. I would have to do something.

Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MsBodyhard View Post
    My husband would get in each and every time with little to no regard for himself, I love him and hate him for it.
    I'm sure he knows this.

Originally Posted by cowboybiker View Post
    Then don't get involved.

Just stand back and take vids that you can post on the internet, and then question what is wrong with people and society.
    People who do this are reprehensible.

Originally Posted by Phattso View Post
    I do not believe it is a moral obligation. For me, it is offensive and would be instinct to act to a degree. I would have to do something.
    Does being older and having a family change the way you think?
    "Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by a$$holes"

William Gibson

William Ernest Henley

Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Does being older and having a family change the way you think?
    I am single and no children. I have a C&C (45 cal), but would never use it unless I was being sincerely threatened or if someone else is being sincerely threatened and could not defend her or himself.

I asked if being married and having kids affect the way you would handle a situation happening. At a young age (17 years old) I witnessed a guy grabbed an old woman's purse and ran off. I ran after the guy and he eventually dropped the purse. I didn't think of the possible consequence until I was much older. When you are young you feel indestructible. Would I do the same thing now? The answer scares the hell out of me.

William Gibson

William Ernest Henley

frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) frozensparky is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It's honestly a question that nobody can answer 100% unless they've been in a specific situation.
    It's not your beliefs that make you a better person, it's your behavior.

"If you're having girl problems I feel bad for you son, I got 99 problems and a b1tch ain't 1" JayZ

j1nevertogthr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) j1nevertogthr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) j1nevertogthr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) j1nevertogthr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) j1nevertogthr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) j1nevertogthr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) j1nevertogthr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) j1nevertogthr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) j1nevertogthr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) j1nevertogthr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) j1nevertogthr is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Not morally obligated, its a physical reaction for me
    Example: fatal car crash in front of two years ago, was 16, immediately jumped out of car and helped pull a man from his vehicle
    Example b: about a month ago at work a man slipped in the acid pit fell on his back and his clothes were melting just as soon as he could take off, I didn't even budge
    Fight or flight kicks in most situations but its only when there's a lot of other people in the vicinity do you tend to assume someone else will take care of ****, that's when you tell the pos in you to fuk off and you do something

Cliffs
    If you're alone you tend to funk chit up or run, in crowds you're calm for some reason and have to choose to help
    So yea help

InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't know about moral obligations but when I see somebody in distress I know it doesn't feel right to stand by and do nothing if you posses the power to do something.
    "Sammiches are like sets of 20 rep squats; if you need a second one, the first one wasn't heavy enough." - DuracellBunny

SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I think many of us would want to step in or at least when we play those type scenarios in our mind we see ourselves stepping in

but I also think many of us do consider the possibility that if the situation was real, the self preservation instinct would conquer the hero desire

pulling someone from a car accident = yes I hope I would do that
    stepping up to 2 dudes in a car park = I doubt very much I would do that, even though naturally I would like to say "Sure I would do that"
    ☻/
    /▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
    / \

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by j1nevertogthr View Post
    Fight or flight kicks in most situations but its only when there's a lot of other people in the vicinity do you tend to assume someone else will take care of ****, that's when you tell the pos in you to fuk off and you do something
    Yup, it is called diffusion of responsibility and it is a well-known phenomenon. It seems counterintuitive, but you are much less likely to be helped if lots of other people are standing around than if just one or two other people are in the vicinity. Fact is, MOST people say they would jump in, but in actuality, MOST would not.

A perfect example -- Look at all the grown men standing around there doing nothing.

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

sumolgi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sumolgi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sumolgi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sumolgi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sumolgi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sumolgi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sumolgi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sumolgi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sumolgi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sumolgi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) sumolgi is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Here (Washington) there's a legal obligation to at least notify authorities if another person is in peril. So legislated moral obligation...

Originally Posted by frozensparky View Post
    It's honestly a question that nobody can answer 100% unless they've been in a specific situation.
    I remember a story in Chicago a few years ago about a man who was beaten within an inch of his life for being a Good Samaritan. He heard a woman screaming for help, saw her bloody, and was being choked. This was clearly a situation where calling police might have been too late. He hurled his body, all 118 lbs. of it, to stop the attack. Unfortunately the attacker turned his wrath on him and beat him so badly that doctors had to remove a third of his skull to relieve brain swelling.

Surely he knew he was not going to win this confrontation and yet he did it anyway. A remarkable and selfless act.

William Gibson

William Ernest Henley

Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Clinos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I don't think someone can be morally obligated to render assistance or aid, either the person is going to help or they are not. I am nitpicking though. My solid answer is: Yes.
    Ndtha ton eda yi'mg oIng tofi

Sm2sm crew []-[]-[]--Squat Moar to Squat Moar[]-[]-[]

Unlawful possession of a raccoon

Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Absolutely obligated if you want a civilized society. Maybe not get involved physically or put yourself in harms way. But be a witness, call the authorities, or render aid after the fact. If 10 guys are beating on one guy, you jumping in to save that person just means 10 guys beating on two.

steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I think the only moral obligation is to try and do at least something to help, even if that is only to call for help.

Hard to know for sure , as mentioned, how one would act but if a situation is ongoing I would try to quickly assess the risk of bodily harm to myself -
    their number, size/look of the dudes - before I did anything. But if a kid or an elderly person or someone generally defenseless is being hurt then I would just jump in.
    I might let a grown man get beat up a bit before risking my own health. Guess that's messed up in a way, but probably not unique.

I've helped some girls fight off a skinny junkie, but if it was two dudes I would probably try a more verbal/taunting approach (just to get them off the victim) and be ready to leg it if need be.
    Last edited by steffo99; 10-28-2014 at 02:27 AM.

LiftingDoctor will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftingDoctor will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftingDoctor will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftingDoctor will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftingDoctor will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftingDoctor will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftingDoctor will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftingDoctor will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftingDoctor will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftingDoctor will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftingDoctor will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The principle of reciprocity. I would want another person to jump in and help me if I'm in danger, so I would probably do the same for another. Are you morally obligated? By all means, I think yes, unless you would be in severe danger yourself if you were to step in.
    Medical student crew
    ++ Positivity crew ++
    "**** motivation; you already know what you want and how to get it. Discipline is what you need: it's the ability to do things you know you have to do when you don't feel like doing them."

Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Brackneyc has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by frozensparky View Post
    And most studies of these scenarios would suggest that most do not get involved. While the studies may be only one measure, we also see a lot of anecdotal evidence which would suggest the same.

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Are we morally obligated?

ABSOLUTELY!

Unfortunately, reality is very few people in this world will do the right thing. The majority of people are sheep. Does this make them bad people? No, of course not. Sheep are gentle creatures who have no capacity for violence. They just don’t have the courage to do what’s right. That’s all.

Very few people will do the right thing because it is inherent within us to become followers. We need more leaders in our society. Leaders are not born. The individual must make a conscious effort to become a leader. And a mandatory part of being a good leader is character. Character is in motion (like what bodyhard did). Integrity is not doing what is wrong. Character is doing what is right. If you see an injustice, you do what is right. You are morally obligated to do so.

Here is what I mean by being a follower / beta muddafukker:

http://www.simplypsychology.org/milgram.html
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Check this out, I know it is old but it fits this topic.

Most here hate my violence and some (except for the folks who have met me IRL) think I am some keyboard warrior, but I would be the first one to do what these two young guys did, just quicker.

On the list for Bannukah

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    Check this out, I know it is old but it fits this topic.

Most here hate my violence and some (except for the folks who have met me IRL) think I am some keyboard warrior, but I would be the first one to do what these two young guys did, just quicker.

Someday, somewhere in America, shows like ‘What Would You Do’ is gonna attract the right person. That person is gonna have a CCW. And he is gonna triple tap the people playing the ‘bad’ guys, without him even being aware he’s on candid camera.
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

Originally Posted by NorwichGrad View Post
    Someday, somewhere in America, shows like ‘What Would You Do’ is gonna attract the right person. That person is gonna have a CCW. And he is gonna triple tap the people playing the ‘bad’ guys, without him even being aware he’s on candid camera.
    Whats a CCW?
    On the list for Bannukah

Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    Whats a CCW?
    legally owned concealed gun.

Progress not Perfection cowboybiker's Avatar
    cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Iceman1800 View Post
    Define legally.
    Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. – Thomas Jefferson

Be yourself; Everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Thanks!
    On the list for Bannukah

thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thomashenry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by desparado View Post
    bh's thread about wanting to confront the people who had beaten up a man elicited some very interesting responses. Are we morally obligated to help or jump in when you see a "wrong" being committed? Does it depend on the severity, ie., robbery, a woman or child being assaulted vs. Petty theft, etc?

yes
    John 4:20

Romans 12 :2

Ephesiens 6:13

"The Lord is my rock,my fortress and my deliverer, my God is my rock, in whom shall I take refuge"

Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Guinea-pig has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Very common here in the Lone Star State.

Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Guinea-pig View Post
    Very common here in the Lone Star State.
    Here you can open carry without any permit. Gun has to be visible from 3 angles.

In John's case (in hindsight) he should have called 911 when he saw the guys ragging on the one guy.

I likely would have just walked over and tried to calm down the situation. But I would have sent my wife into the store and told her to call the cops first.