CallMeBroku will become famous soon enough. (+50) CallMeBroku will become famous soon enough. (+50) CallMeBroku will become famous soon enough. (+50) CallMeBroku will become famous soon enough. (+50) CallMeBroku will become famous soon enough. (+50) CallMeBroku will become famous soon enough. (+50) CallMeBroku will become famous soon enough. (+50) CallMeBroku will become famous soon enough. (+50) CallMeBroku will become famous soon enough. (+50) CallMeBroku will become famous soon enough. (+50) CallMeBroku will become famous soon enough. (+50)

When should I take BCAAs?

I just got some new BCAAS, and it's my first time using them. When should I be taking the powder? Before / during / after my workout?
    6'2 master race checking in.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    .............Aziz "Zyzz" Sergeyevich Shavershian.........

JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I just mix mine in with a gallon of water and drink throughout day.

Inb4 your waisting money BCAA garbage etc

pisarcik.k is just really nice. (+1000) pisarcik.k is just really nice. (+1000) pisarcik.k is just really nice. (+1000) pisarcik.k is just really nice. (+1000) pisarcik.k is just really nice. (+1000) pisarcik.k is just really nice. (+1000) pisarcik.k is just really nice. (+1000) pisarcik.k is just really nice. (+1000) pisarcik.k is just really nice. (+1000) pisarcik.k is just really nice. (+1000) pisarcik.k is just really nice. (+1000)
    BCAAs are antiquated... with BCAAs you need to have a pool amino acids available for them to draw from to actually start protein synthesis, the rebuilding process. BCAAs need the rest of the EAAs to actually work to rebuild muscle... What you should use are EAAs... EAAs have all of the aminos there to not just signal mtor, but actual start protein synthesis. Think of it like this, BCAAs are like the workers arriving on the job to build a house. They are ready to get things started but until they have all of their resources there (tools, supplies, etc....) they can't actually do the job (the job being protein synthesis). With EAAs all of the workers and tools arrive together. They don't have to be called upon from the amino acid pool. As soon as you take them, they are ready to get the job started.

If you were to use BCAAs I would have a complete protein before training ( whey isolate) and take the BCAAs during training. This way you have the amino acid pool for the BCAAs to draw from....
    Featured in the "We 'Mirin" 15 Ripped Physiques Edition

Follow me on Instagram: @kpisarcik :)

pisarcik.k is just really nice. (+1000) pisarcik.k is just really nice. (+1000) pisarcik.k is just really nice. (+1000) pisarcik.k is just really nice. (+1000) pisarcik.k is just really nice. (+1000) pisarcik.k is just really nice. (+1000) pisarcik.k is just really nice. (+1000) pisarcik.k is just really nice. (+1000) pisarcik.k is just really nice. (+1000) pisarcik.k is just really nice. (+1000) pisarcik.k is just really nice. (+1000)
    This is not a good idea because in order for protein synthesis to take place you need to have peaks and valleys in blood amino acid levels. Keeping high blood amino acids throughout the day does now allow for optimal protein synthesis. It is the THE RISE IN BLOOD AMINO ACID LEVELS THAT CREATES A PROTEIN SYNTHETIC RESPONSE. So without allowing blood amino acid levels to dip, it is much harder to initiate protein synthesis

Originally Posted by JRMoore82 View Post

CallMeBroku will become famous soon enough. (+50) CallMeBroku will become famous soon enough. (+50) CallMeBroku will become famous soon enough. (+50) CallMeBroku will become famous soon enough. (+50) CallMeBroku will become famous soon enough. (+50) CallMeBroku will become famous soon enough. (+50) CallMeBroku will become famous soon enough. (+50) CallMeBroku will become famous soon enough. (+50) CallMeBroku will become famous soon enough. (+50) CallMeBroku will become famous soon enough. (+50) CallMeBroku will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by pisarcik.k View Post
    BCAAs are antiquated... with BCAAs you need to have a pool amino acids available for them to draw from to actually start protein synthesis, the rebuilding process. BCAAs need the rest of the EAAs to actually work to rebuild muscle... What you should use are EAAs... EAAs have all of the aminos there to not just signal mtor, but actual start protein synthesis. Think of it like this, BCAAs are like the workers arriving on the job to build a house. They are ready to get things started but until they have all of their resources there (tools, supplies, etc....) they can't actually do the job (the job being protein synthesis). With EAAs all of the workers and tools arrive together. They don't have to be called upon from the amino acid pool. As soon as you take them, they are ready to get the job started.

If you were to use BCAAs I would have a complete protein before training ( whey isolate) and take the BCAAs during training. This way you have the amino acid pool for the BCAAs to draw from....
    Thank you! That was super informative - I already bought the BCAAs, so I might as well use them. Just so I understood you correctly, I should take whey protein before the workout and then BCAAs during?

JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This is not a good idea because in order for protein synthesis to take place you need to have peaks and valleys in blood amino acid levels. Keeping high blood amino acids throughout the day does now allow for optimal protein synthesis. It is the THE RISE IN BLOOD AMINO ACID LEVELS THAT CREATES A PROTEIN SYNTHETIC RESPONSE. So without allowing blood amino acid levels to dip, it is much harder to initiate protein synthesis
    Just going off what a MP rep said. I drink Amino1. But I do see your point.

anonymous
    never. save your money

Originally Posted by CallMeBroku View Post
    Thank you! That was super informative - I already bought the BCAAs, so I might as well use them. Just so I understood you correctly, I should take whey protein before the workout and then BCAAs during?
    In your situation, to get the most from the BCAAs, yes, that is what I would do. Personally, I love EVL Nutrition A-10 (can't post link because I do not have enough posts) for intra workout After you are done with the BCAAs, try this. Depending on how you train, add in branched cyclic dextrins or vitargo for carbs.

I also like to add in some hydrolyzed protein in my intraworkout drink (again, this depends on how you train and your personal preference and experience). I am doing a program called Fortitude Training from Scott Stevenson and each session hits just about every body part and the total volume for each session is very high (but not high for individual bodyparts). The program is also very intense. With that in mind, in order to recover adequately and sustain my intensity throughout the session I use branched cyclic dextrins (a high molecular weight carb), pepto pro (hydrolyzed caseinate), EAAs, and a little hydrolyzed whey. This allows for glycogen re-synthesis and protein synthesis while training and also helps blunt cortisol. Essentially I am beginning to recover for the minute I start sipping my drink

I wouldn't start throwing the whole thing into your regimen, but experiment with changing 1 variable at a time and see what allow you to recover best while being cost effective

Just going off what a MP rep said. I drink Amino1. But I do see your point.
    Reps say a lot of things

This, in theory, would be amazing... but what does work great is adding some BCAAs (or leucine) to your meals or having some just before your meal. This provides mtor signaling and gets the body ready to start protein synthesis and then you eat and provide those aminos and the body is ready to rock...

In your situation, to get the most from the BCAAs, yes, that is what I would do. Personally, I love EVL Nutrition A-10 (can't post link because I do not have enough posts) for intra workout After you are done with the BCAAs, try this. Depending on how you train, add in branched cyclic dextrins or vitargo for carbs.

I also like to add in some hydrolyzed protein in my intraworkout drink (again, this depends on how you train and your personal preference and experience). I am doing a program called Fortitude Training from Scott Stevenson and each session hits just about every body part and the total volume for each session is very high (but not high for individual bodyparts). The program is also very intense. With that in mind, in order to recover adequately and sustain my intensity throughout the session I use branched cyclic dextrins (a high molecular weight carb), pepto pro (hydrolyzed caseinate), EAAs, and a little hydrolyzed whey. This allows for glycogen re-synthesis and protein synthesis while training and also helps blunt cortisol. Essentially I am beginning to recover for the minute I start sipping my drink

I wouldn't start throwing the whole thing into your regimen, but experiment with changing 1 variable at a time and see what allow you to recover best while being cost effective
    Thanks a ton man! Repped.

RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    While fasted or post workout if you must.
    26.5" waist of peace.

Originally Posted by RugbyBro View Post
    While fasted or post workout if you must.
    Sorry, but BCAAs fasted will do nothing... see my above post. You need an amino acid pool to acquire the EAAs to initiate protein synthesis...

Maybe you should read responses before posting? That MIGHT be intelligent...

Originally Posted by CallMeBroku View Post
    Thanks a ton man! Repped.
    You got it... and thank you.

I keep up with the science of all of this stuff and do my best to apply it to real life and blend the two together to optimize performance... others can learn for my trial and error

popeyeandolive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) popeyeandolive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) popeyeandolive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) popeyeandolive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) popeyeandolive has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Repped. Just some expensive crystal light lol
    585 deadlift
    500 Squat
    345 Bench
    BW: 206 19 YR Old

Lifetime natural.

subscribe/ creep me?
    www.youtube.com/colossusfitness
    www.colossusfitness.com

RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250) RugbyBro has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Sorry, but BCAAs fasted will do nothing... see my above post. You need an amino acid pool to acquire the EAAs to initiate protein synthesis...

Maybe you should read responses before posting? That MIGHT be intelligent...
    We weren't talking solely protein synthesis. Drop the ego because you won a novice show manlet.

Besides BCAAs for the money yiu pay are not even close to worth it
    26.5" waist of peace.

Really? You are going to have to do better... Really sick of the comments you post when I actually post something someone can learn from... I'll be the bigger man. I do not need to defame people. I've spent 15 years researching this stuff and have been through hell and back, yet still get my ass on stage... it isn't what I have done in bodybuilding, it is the time I have spent learning, researching and experimenting...

Bless your sorry angry soul...

Originally Posted by RugbyBro View Post
    We weren't talking solely protein synthesis. Drop the ego because you won a novice show manlet.

Besides BCAAs for the money yiu pay are not even close to worth it

TheLiftingDoc is just really nice. (+1000) TheLiftingDoc is just really nice. (+1000) TheLiftingDoc is just really nice. (+1000) TheLiftingDoc is just really nice. (+1000) TheLiftingDoc is just really nice. (+1000) TheLiftingDoc is just really nice. (+1000) TheLiftingDoc is just really nice. (+1000) TheLiftingDoc is just really nice. (+1000) TheLiftingDoc is just really nice. (+1000) TheLiftingDoc is just really nice. (+1000) TheLiftingDoc is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you are eating a decent amount of daily protein you are probably getting all the BCAA's you need from just your food consumption. Save your money. Unless you just like having a tasty infra work out drink in which case more power to you man.
    In comp best lifts:

270kg wrapless squat / 160kg bench / 280kg deadlift

Originally Posted by TheLiftingDoc View Post
    If you are eating a decent amount of daily protein you are probably getting all the BCAA's you need from just your food consumption. Save your money. Unless you just like having a tasty infra work out drink in which case more power to you man.
    Haha sounds good man. I'm just trying to get all the edges I can get on this cut.