cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Crazy semester. Should I change my split? (Calling all crazy busy ladies)

Hi all..

I'm a biochemistry major working on my undergrad, and I work as an EMT and a front desk receptionist at a spa. So, yeah, I'm pretty busy...my only option is to work out first thing in the morning, which has worked great for me. However, when I work night shifts, I take the following day off - and lately I've been crazy busy with working that I've been taking 2-3 days off consecutively per week, usually Fri-Sun.
    I'm currently doing sort of a 4-day split... legs, chest/tri, back/bis, shoulders/traps, with abs thrown in every other day or so. I planned to make the first 2 monday and tuesday, then wednesday cardio, thursday and friday the remaining 2. However now lately I've been having to push my workouts back so they really just fall about randomly. It kinda sucks. Not to mention it sucks and makes me feel so lethargic if I go 3 days without working out.

Should I keep pushing my days back..or reassess my schedule? I really hate full body workouts but I guess I could look into it if it is more schedule-friendly. I'm really just working on building more muscle.

Busy ladies -- what does your split look like? And how do you design your workouts to get the most bang for your buck? (:

Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I do not have time for splits, so I do 3-4 days heavy at the gym and then light stuff at home with resistance tubes or dumbbells days off or yoga.

I can do my full body routine in about 1 1/2 hours, since I'm at the gym during 'off hours', and it takes 15 minutes to get there. I can't spend 1 1/2 hours driving to the gym and doing a split every day.

Picked up a couple dumbbells and resistance tubes at Target along with a small rack. Probably spent about $500 but I can workout whenever I want at home, and then fill in heavy days at the gym when it works for me.

BTW the slow cooker is a necessity for me-do you have one? So easy to throw some chicken thighs and a packet of seasoning in there and dinner is ready with no fuss and only one pot to clean. Might help with meeting your macros.
    Under Construction.

really...just really DieselsMom's Avatar
    DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    All depends on what your goals are, get there when you can and do as much as possible but don't stress it. I've have learned that life happens and sometimes certain things have to go to the backburner for a bit and then when things settle down you can bring it back to the fore burner. Just don't give up. Personally my sessions are never longer than 45-60min max.
    "That's not sweat that's your fat cells crying" anonymous

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147406883

leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i work and study too.
    Ive been doing a 4 day split but might change to full body as things get more hectic. if you stick with the split i'd say just get the workouts in where you can. full body might make things more difficult as you'll need to plan to make sure you don't train the same muscles on consecutive days. maybe a 2 day split would work in this case?
    sometimes you just have to let other things take priority - I skipped a few sessions when my workload got crazy as I had to realise that study has to trump fitness every now and then

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you're strapped for time how about a 3 day upper/lower? I threw this routine together a while back. Nothing is missed and you'll hit everything you need. You can use the basic layout and fine tune it to your liking.

Day 1
    Back/Tris/Shoulders

BB rows
    Wide lat pulldowns (Can switch with pull-ups, supine rows or rack chins)
    1 arm DB rows (Can switch up with 1 arm cable rows)
    Close grip bench
    Overhead cable or DB extensions
    OHP (BB or DB)
    DB front raise into side lateral
    Facepulls

Day 2
    Legs

Squats (Vary your styles: Reg, Front, Sumo, Zerchers, Goblets, etc…)
    RDL’s or SLDL’s (BB or DB’s)
    Good mornings
    Lunge (Vary styles Smith, BB or DB’s walking, elevated, stationary)
    Calves (Exercise of your choice)
    Leg press (Can switch out with singles)
    Leg ext (Can switch up with singles)

Day 3
    Chest/Bis/Traps

Incline or flat bench (BB or DB’s)
    Flat bench DB flys
    Single arm pec deck (Can switch up with cable crossover)
    BB curls
    Zotman curls
    Upright rows (BB, DB’s or cable)
    Shrugs (BB or DB’s)
    Last edited by kimm4; 10-26-2014 at 10:33 AM.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000)
    What is a Zotman curl? did a quick google and nothing came up.
    Under Construction.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Jodie10 View Post
    What is a Zotman curl? did a quick google and nothing came up.
    It's an oldschool exercise. You don't see many people doing them.

National Level Competitor (Female BB)