Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Fun Times At The Gym Tonight

I had my wife spot me and take a video of benching tonight. I get done and she says to me, "I bet I can do 135 at least once." Ahh she's so cute. I told her I would be impressed if she can unrack and rerack it without killing herself. I think we're going to try it some Friday night when the gym is empty.

So before her comedy routine I had to wait about 15 freaking minutes for a power rack to open up to start my session. What's dumb is they only have two and it's also the same spot for BB bench. Normally it wouldn't irritate me but the two guys tying them up were chatting to each other for 5 minutes between sets. One was doing squats and the other was deadlifting. I was trying to give them some dirty looks to passively say hey dipsh*ts stop taking 5 minute breaks to chat I'm waiting over here but some other guy was standing in front of me hitting on some girl. After 10 minutes I just walked up to both of them mid chat and said, "Either of you two going to be done soon?" Fortunately one had a single set left which he quickly did and I helped him rerack weights to get is arse the hell out of MY cage. Stinking space takers.

Oh yes and then there is the best part of the night. The wife, kid and myself get home. I ask the boy if his dad is getting any bigger and give him a flex...which I'm sure you will all call me a gay boy for but whatever . He says, "Yeah dad, and you're way bigger than my step-dad." Ha! HA! HA!! He's always comparing the two of us and that's the first time he's ever said that. I know it's silly but it gave me a big smile. My wife got a kick out of it.
    "Sammiches are like sets of 20 rep squats; if you need a second one, the first one wasn't heavy enough." - DuracellBunny

Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    So was your wife able to bench 135?

InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Cass40 View Post
    So was your wife able to bench 135?
    No it crushed her. She's dead.
    "Sammiches are like sets of 20 rep squats; if you need a second one, the first one wasn't heavy enough." - DuracellBunny

Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cass40 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by InternetTuffGuy View Post
    No it crushed her. She's dead.
    You're a bad spotter

Originally Posted by Cass40 View Post
    You're a bad spotter
    Well she was just so damn confident. Thought she had it.

Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well she was just so damn confident. Thought she had it.
    Did you tell her "it's all you" orbs own variation? It is proven to add # to your lift.
    400# Bulgarian bicep curl

Originally Posted by Smelly bull View Post
    Did you tell her "it's all you" orbs own variation? It is proven to add # to your lift.
    She just said, "I got this." Smacked me on the ass and set up. Brings a tear to my eye it does.

Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    She just said, "I got this." Smacked me on the ass and set up. Brings a tear to my eye it does.
    Probably the only time one would/should intentionally tea bag the bencher....

I didnt realize your were so emotional, I consider you less of a man because of it. There is a thread somewhere bemoaning the feminization of men. Complete with some great wardrobe tips! Man up sparky!!
    400# Bulgarian bicep curl

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I had my wife spot me and take a video of benching tonight. I get done and she says to me, "I bet I can do 135 at least once." Ahh she's so cute. I told her I would be impressed if she can unrack and rerack it without killing herself. I think we're going to try it some Friday night when the gym is empty.

So before her comedy routine I had to wait about 15 freaking minutes for a power rack to open up to start my session. What's dumb is they only have two and it's also the same spot for BB bench. Normally it wouldn't irritate me but the two guys tying them up were chatting to each other for 5 minutes between sets. One was doing squats and the other was deadlifting. I was trying to give them some dirty looks to passively say hey dipsh*ts stop taking 5 minute breaks to chat I'm waiting over here but some other guy was standing in front of me hitting on some girl. After 10 minutes I just walked up to both of them mid chat and said, "Either of you two going to be done soon?" Fortunately one had a single set left which he quickly did and I helped him rerack weights to get is arse the hell out of MY cage. Stinking space takers.

Oh yes and then there is the best part of the night. The wife, kid and myself get home. I ask the boy if his dad is getting any bigger and give him a flex...which I'm sure you will all call me a gay boy for but whatever . He says, "Yeah dad, and you're way bigger than my step-dad." Ha! HA! HA!! He's always comparing the two of us and that's the first time he's ever said that. I know it's silly but it gave me a big smile. My wife got a kick out of it.
    Where is the video of you benching?
    On the list for Bannukah

bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000) bucsdodgers is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I find most spotters need a 2 minute course of how to spot properly before they spot you.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172784881 redtest log
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173258571

theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    He says, "Yeah dad, and you're way bigger than my step-dad." Ha! HA! HA!! He's always comparing the two of us and that's the first time he's ever said that. I know it's silly but it gave me a big smile. My wife got a kick out of it.
    It's a bit more than silly, it's self-serving and doing a disservice to your son. Nothing good can come from your son comparing you to his step-dad. Comparisons are inevitable, but your job is to squash it in your home. You and your wife's reaction was petty at best, and reinforces the notion that your son is in a less than desirable position when he's with his step-dad. Grow up.

ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Kurp--chill out and have a quaalude, brah. Geez.
    Epic Beard Man crew

My Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164109201&page=61

theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ajdahlheimer View Post
    Spoken like someone who's clueless.

ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by theKurp View Post
    Spoken like someone who's clueless.
    No brah, I mean simply jumping up the dude's arse at 7:30 in the morning. Heisenberg says relax.
    Epic Beard Man crew

No brah, I mean simply jumping up the dude's arse at 7:30 in the morning. Heisenberg says relax.
    If my words might influence parents who's kids are involved in a time-sharing situation, I'll jump up someone's ass 24/7.

If my words might influence parents who's kids are involved in a time-sharing situation, I'll jump up someone's ass 24/7.
    Whose.
    Epic Beard Man crew

Whose.
    Whomever's ass it takes to save kids from the mental anguish created by the pettiness of their stupid-ass mother, father, step-father, step-mother, grandparents, et. al.

Whomever's ass it takes to save kids from the mental anguish created by the pettiness of their stupid-ass mother, father, step-father, step-mother, grandparents, et. al.
    Okay, have it your way, dude.

Happy 'judging' to you!
    Epic Beard Man crew

Okay, have it your way, dude.

Happy 'judging' to you!
    And we've come full circle to you being clueless.

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    "two guys tying them up were chatting to each other for 5 minutes between sets."

This is my only real pet peeve in the gym because you really never know when the clowns will finish talking. Normally you can go away and do other things and come back, but most of the time they are still chatting. The only thing i find that works is if you walk right up to them and say.. how many do you have left? They usually get startled and have to think fast for an answer since they were in "Starbucks mode" and they throw out a random number. So then you stand nearby with arms folded and stare them down. Then they watch you, watch them and hurry the fk up. Works like a charm every time. Impatient body language also helps

And we've come full circle to you being clueless.
    Yeah! More judging!
    Epic Beard Man crew

Yeah! More judging!
    You're right. I am judging you.

You're right. I am judging you.
    At least I'm not clueless to that, brah.......
    Epic Beard Man crew

Originally Posted by Smelly bull View Post
    Probably the only time one would/should intentionally tea bag the bencher....

I didnt realize your were so emotional, I consider you less of a man because of it. There is a thread somewhere bemoaning the feminization of men. Complete with some great wardrobe tips! Man up sparky!!
    Well she tried to teabag me when she was spotting my sets. A bit distracting but it looked good from my angle. I will turn in my "tough guy" card at the end of the week.

Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    Where is the video of you benching?

Originally Posted by bucsdodgers View Post
    I find most spotters need a 2 minute course of how to spot properly before they spot you.
    Agreed. That rant should have its own sub-forum.

It's a bit more than silly, it's self-serving and doing a disservice to your son. Nothing good can come from your son comparing you to his step-dad. Comparisons are inevitable, but your job is to squash it in your home. You and your wife's reaction was petty at best, and reinforces the notion that your son is in a less than desirable position when he's with his step-dad. Grow up.
    Oh so you were there in the room and know how it was handled? Well for one there was nothing to handle. He's a 9 year old kid and they say stuff. He received no reaction from me and he was in his room when I gave my wife the smile so as far as the kid knows I didn't get a kick out of his comment. His mom and step-dad are great people/parents and we get along phenomenally unlike a lot of parents sharing duties. That comes from years of hard work figuring out how to make things work in the best interests of our son. Go give your two cents to somebody who needs it.

Ahh don't sweat it buddy.

OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'll jump up someone's ass 24/7.
    I don't doubt that.
    "I'm a street walking cheetah with a heart full of napalm." -Iggy and The Stooges

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Tuffguy that looks like a plate a dime and a Nick. If so that is 165lbs.
    On the list for Bannukah

Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    Tuffguy that looks like a plate a dime and a Nick. If so that is 165lbs.
    Unfortunately no, those are a 5 lb. and 2.5 lb. plate on the ends. 165 lbs. will come in three weeks if I don't stall.

Oh so you were there in the room and know how it was handled? Well for one there was nothing to handle. He's a 9 year old kid and they say stuff. He received no reaction from me and he was in his room when I gave my wife the smile so as far as the kid knows I didn't get a kick out of his comment. His mom and step-dad are great people/parents and we get along phenomenally unlike a lot of parents sharing duties. That comes from years of hard work figuring out how to make things work in the best interests of our son. Go give your two cents to somebody who needs it.
    Backtrack much?

I've got two step-sons, 9 and 11. And while I am silent when they compare their dad to me, I don't allow them to compare me to their dad. As far as I'm concerned, their dad should walk on water and they don't need to think that I'm better than he is in any shape or form. Years from now there will be plenty of time for them to reflect on their life with me and their life with their dad. THen they can make their judgments with adult minds.

The Flanimal project Flounderbout's Avatar
    Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Flounderbout has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Any decent gyms up there on the moral high ground Kurp?
    ☻/
    /▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
    / \

"Stay tight and don't be a pussy" Eric
    "Get out of your head, you've got this" Jedi Spotter

Originally Posted by Flounderbout View Post
    Any decent gyms up there on the moral high ground Kurp?
    They're all decent, but sadly, empty.