BrendenMcC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Skinny kid needs help gaining weight & muscle.

Hey guys, I'm 16 years old, 5'8 & I weigh 130 pounds. I'm very active, I play roller hockey and football with my brothers daily, and I play ice hockey & lacrosse for my high school. I have always wanted to get bigger but have never had the dedication to keep at it long enough to see the results I've always wanted. I used to do different exercises in my room every other day of the week, drink protein shakes before bed, and eat pretty healthy; I noticed small gains like my arms getting more vains and my pecs getting a little bigger, but like I said I've never kept at it long enough - but now I want to more then ever. I'm sick of looking at my arms every single day and just wishing they were bigger. I just got a bench from a friend which motivated me even more to start working out again. I want to gain weight AND muscle, not just put on weight, because I know all I would have to do for that is stuff my face. So on that note, I'm wondering what would be the best way to do so?

When I used to work out I would shoot for 3000 calories & 192g of protein per day - does this sound about right? If not, around how much?

What are the best foods to eat? (Foods that don't fill you up, high in protein, etc.)

Good workout routine & exercises? Tips? I know I'm asking for a lot, I'm hoping someone will be cool enough to help me out, any input at all will be appreciated. I'll do whatever it takes.

Malik116 is a name known to all. (+5000) Malik116 is a name known to all. (+5000) Malik116 is a name known to all. (+5000) Malik116 is a name known to all. (+5000) Malik116 is a name known to all. (+5000) Malik116 is a name known to all. (+5000) Malik116 is a name known to all. (+5000) Malik116 is a name known to all. (+5000) Malik116 is a name known to all. (+5000) Malik116 is a name known to all. (+5000) Malik116 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    When I used to work out I would shoot for 3000 calories

If you actually ate 3000 calories, you'd weigh more than me, but if you actually do then eat more. Just lift, eat and sleep

Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    GOMAD + strength routine, eg. Babylover's SS

I recommend GOMAD to skinny novices who struggle to get in the required calories and/or don't enjoy eating, as it is an easy and fast way to get calories in.

NancyAjram has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BrendenMcC View Post
    Hey guys, I'm 16 years old, 5'8 & I weigh 130 pounds. I'm very active, I play roller hockey and football with my brothers daily, and I play ice hockey & lacrosse for my high school. I have always wanted to get bigger but have never had the dedication to keep at it long enough to see the results I've always wanted. I used to do different exercises in my room every other day of the week, drink protein shakes before bed, and eat pretty healthy; I noticed small gains like my arms getting more vains and my pecs getting a little bigger, but like I said I've never kept at it long enough - but now I want to more then ever. I'm sick of looking at my arms every single day and just wishing they were bigger. I just got a bench from a friend which motivated me even more to start working out again. I want to gain weight AND muscle, not just put on weight, because I know all I would have to do for that is stuff my face. So on that note, I'm wondering what would be the best way to do so?

When I used to work out I would shoot for 3000 calories & 192g of protein per day - does this sound about right? If not, around how much?

What are the best foods to eat? (Foods that don't fill you up, high in protein, etc.)

Good workout routine & exercises? Tips? I know I'm asking for a lot, I'm hoping someone will be cool enough to help me out, any input at all will be appreciated. I'll do whatever it takes.
    I heard compound exercises are the most effective way to gain muscles for ectomoprh.