Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000)

Legs sore, Squats tommorow, skip or no?

Did squats on monday , legs sore but not painly sore.
    Did cardio today and my lower body is very sore.
    I am on rippetoes rotuine so squats 3 times a week.
    SKIP OR NO?

THANK YOU
    When you think you’re done you’re only 40% into what your body is capable of doing and that’s just the limits that we put on ourselves. - David Goggins

*Misc Cologne Crew*

Downsey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Downsey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Downsey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Downsey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Downsey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Downsey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Downsey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Downsey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Downsey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Downsey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Downsey has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    personally i would just skip, its happened to me a few times and i figure its not worth doing more harm than good

GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GoJu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If they're not painfully sore than screw it go in there and squat, I'm on 5 x 5 and back squats twice a week and front squats once a week, I did front squats today with sore legs from back squatting on monday and cardio yesterday, it's no big deal, just go in there and squat, if my knowledge of rippedtoe is correct the 2nd day of squatting is a relatively light day anyway.
    'Prior to the Department of Education, there was no illiteracy'

- Stizzel

Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000) Fanatik is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by GoJu View Post
    If they're not painfully sore than screw it go in there and squat, I'm on 5 x 5 and back squats twice a week and front squats once a week, I did front squats today with sore legs from back squatting on monday and cardio yesterday, it's no big deal, just go in there and squat, if my knowledge of rippedtoe is correct the 2nd day of squatting is a relatively light day anyway.

hmmm The FAQ in workout section says that every workout i should add 1-2lb to my lifts

And my legs are painfully sore but i can make it go away by stretching
    When you think you’re done you’re only 40% into what your body is capable of doing and that’s just the limits that we put on ourselves. - David Goggins

*Misc Cologne Crew*

jeskew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Last week was my first week of Rippetoes and the same thing happened to me. I went ahead and squatted anyway, without upping the weight, and my legs actually felt a little better afterwards. As long as you stretch a little before/after I think you'd be fine.

Uberfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Uberfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Uberfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Uberfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Uberfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Uberfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Uberfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Uberfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Uberfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Uberfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Uberfreak has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Sore muscles are your way of knowing that your body has been exposed to exertion and the muscle itself has been broken down and is in recovery phase. If your goal is indeed to add muscle mass it is important to let your body heal and not to overtrain, it definitly would be a step backwards in the growing dept. to keep training while sore.

Back from 2 year break! Atheimetal's Avatar
    Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Atheimetal is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I have to agree with above.

Doing a considerable amount of squatting twice in a three day period is probably going to end up being more counter-productive than anything. Your muscles haven't repaired yet.

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you are extremely sore, don't work very heavy tomorrow. If you are minutely sore, then I would go on with your workout.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FarEastBeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by DJAuto View Post
    If you are extremely sore, don't work very heavy tomorrow. If you are minutely sore, then I would go on with your workout.
    I agree with this guy. There is no proof that training while sore inhibits further growth. If anything I would just bump your calories/protein a bit and keep at it.

Thanks for all the feedback i am going to eat extra protein today and see hows my legs do tommorow

*Misc Cologne Crew*

J larcher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking you grow outside of the gym

Once again I agree with the statements above. Whenever there is soreness it means your body has not completely healed, it's like you get cut and before it forms a scab you reinjure yourself..so in most cases avoiding working that body part is advised.
    The only time I would suggest working a sore bodypart is as a way to shock it..after a while training a bodypart every 5-7 days can become monotonous and your body will adjust..and eventually no longer respond....remember your aim in bodybuilding is to trick your muscles into thinking they HAVE to grow so once in a while shocking them by training them while they're sore will force them to adapt.Otherwise, wait till they've fully recovered then train them.
    Steel

jeskew has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by J larcher View Post
    Once again I agree with the statements above. Whenever there is soreness it means your body has not completely healed, it's like you get cut and before it forms a scab you reinjure yourself..so in most cases avoiding working that body part is advised.
    The only time I would suggest working a sore bodypart is as a way to shock it..after a while training a bodypart every 5-7 days can become monotonous and your body will adjust..and eventually no longer respond....remember your aim in bodybuilding is to trick your muscles into thinking they HAVE to grow so once in a while shocking them by training them while they're sore will force them to adapt.Otherwise, wait till they've fully recovered then train them.
    This seems logical but on Rippetoes you're squatting 3 times a week. It seems inevitable that you'll be squatting sore at least 1-2 times every week.