drgreyfox has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Squat weight distribution/feeling (long femurs)

Novice lifter, have worked a lot on squat form and flexibility to be able to break parallel (barely). I squat low bar, and I am tall with long femurs (195cm tall, femur 56cm from femoral head to lateral epicondyle).

Question is, is it OK to feel like the weight is on my midfoot, somewhere between ball of foot & heel when in the hole? I read a lot about driving from the heels. When I try to sit back further to feel all the weight on the heel, it seems pretty tenuous as though I might lose balance backwards. Thanks!

unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) unstrong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This is going to depend on a lot of factors, but generally a well-balanced weight distribution on the foot is a good squatting position. Driving through the heels is only really necessary as a corrective cue for people that come forward too far. If you are staying balanced and the bar is staying over your midfoot (these two things are highly correlated), then the way you are doing it sounds fine.

If you want more specific feedback, you'll get more helpful information if you just post a video.
    My log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166030441