Lazzarus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lazzarus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lazzarus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lazzarus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lazzarus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lazzarus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lazzarus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lazzarus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lazzarus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lazzarus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lazzarus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Should I bother taking caffeine?

Ordered some protein and got a free preworkout sample with 200mg caffeine in, it was awesome made me feel alert and lift better.

Went to order some, fuking expensive, about £2 per preworkout. Ordered some 200mg caffeine pills instead, £0.04 per pill. Took a pill, hours later still felt nothing. Next day took 2 pills, still felt nothing. This is up to 400mg. I read taking >400mg caffeine at one time is bad for you on this forum, but I feel nothing from it.

Two questions:

1. Should I bother upping the dose? I seem to be taking a lot already and don't want to fuk myself up from taking too much, but I feel nothing.

2. Why did the preworkout make me feel so alert when it only had 200mg caffeine?

pls respond

thanks

Lazzarus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lazzarus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lazzarus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lazzarus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lazzarus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lazzarus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lazzarus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lazzarus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lazzarus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lazzarus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lazzarus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    btw shouldn't have a tolerance, never drink coffee or energy drinks, that was my first time pre workout and first time taking caffeine pills

JSClen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JSClen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JSClen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JSClen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JSClen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JSClen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JSClen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JSClen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JSClen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JSClen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JSClen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    lots of pre-workouts out there, and most to all of them contain more active ingredients than solely caffeine. which brand preworkout was it a sample of? that will help narrow down what it is that had such a positive effect on you.
    Personal Workout Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164673411

the brand was "bulk powders" and the name of the product is "Complete Pre-Workout"

cant link to it because low post count

the caffeine pills that i didnt feel do anything were from the same brand

JSClen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JSClen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JSClen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JSClen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JSClen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JSClen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JSClen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JSClen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JSClen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JSClen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JSClen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    illuminating.

Well, if 400 mg of caffeine doesn't affect you, then don't bother using caffeine. have a nice meal, wait a bit for it to digest, then go work out. or just go work out. work out.

I can use my finger to point to the moon. But you don't need my finger to see the moon, and the moon is not my finger.
    Personal Workout Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164673411

ok, thanks for responses

just gonna eat beforehand and wait until im rich enough to afford the preworkout

scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scottyb05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JSClen View Post
    illuminating.

Well, if 400 mg of caffeine doesn't affect you, then don't bother using caffeine. have a nice meal, wait a bit for it to digest, then go work out. or just go work out. work out.

I can use my finger to point to the moon. But you don't need my finger to see the moon, and the moon is not my finger.
    The moon is my butt.... wait wut?

Chances are there were other active stimulants in the pre than just caffeine. Most pre's use 2-3 different stimulants to provide that energy you experienced. If you were lifting fine without a pre before, I would just keep up on that road.

Sometimes I wish I never discovered preworkouts

Originally Posted by scottyb05 View Post
    The moon is my butt.... wait wut?

Chances are there were other active stimulants in the pre than just caffeine. Most pre's use 2-3 different stimulants to provide that energy you experienced. If you were lifting fine without a pre before, I would just keep up on that road.

problem was i wasn't lifting fine without a preworkout, just didnt realize it until i tried one

the weight felt easier to lift and i had better form with preworkout

llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Lazzarus View Post
    problem was i wasn't lifting fine without a preworkout, just didnt realize it until i tried one

Some preworkouts have things to improve focus in them as well. I am not familiar at all with that preworkout you tried, but that could have had something to do with it also.

wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wishiwasdivin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Pre-workouts have other stimulants in them other than just caffeine. These things can improve mental alertness, motivation, muscular strength and endurance.

Is Complete the only pre you've tried?
    ᕙ(͡°‿ ͡°)

I'm your huckleberry. TheGilmore's Avatar
    TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheGilmore has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Lazzarus View Post

If you're not lifting fine without a preworkout, you have a mental block. Yes, a good preworkout increases performance, but your baseline performance without one should be good as well.
    “For, behold, I have refined thee, I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.”—1 Nephi 20:10

Originally Posted by wishiwasdivin View Post
    Pre-workouts have other stimulants in them other than just caffeine. These things can improve mental alertness, motivation, muscular strength and endurance.

Is Complete the only pre you've tried?
    yes, only one ever

before a few days ago never took anything special before working out
    SS+GOMAD

Current: (19/10/14)
    Bench Press : 80kg
    Squat: 120kg
    Deadlift: 150kg

Originally Posted by TheGilmore View Post
    If you're not lifting fine without a preworkout, you have a mental block. Yes, a good preworkout increases performance, but your baseline performance without one should be good as well.
    it is a mental block, i agree

only time i can lift is after college when i'm exhausted, no way of working around it
    SS+GOMAD

Current: (19/10/14)
    Bench Press : 80kg
    Squat: 120kg
    Deadlift: 150kg

XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by scottyb05 View Post

God, truer words have never been spoken.

You've probably read this before but i'll post it anyway
    Caffeine is fine when used in moderation.great for fat loss, energy while dieting, and even building muscle, if utilized as an ergogenic
    stick to using a moderate dose (100mg-300mg max) just pre workout on workout days only, with at least 1-2 days a week off. It's also not a bad idea to take 1-3 weeks off completely every few(3 or more) months depending on tolerance/stress levels.
    Staple Supplements:

Allmax Nutrition Isoflex
    Universal Animal Pak
    Universal Animal Rage
    iForce Hemavol
    Thermolife C-bol
    Orange Oximega Fish oil
    Every time you don't give 100%...
    You make it that much easier for me to beat you... -Anonymous