finy29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) finy29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) finy29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) finy29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) finy29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) finy29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) finy29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) finy29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) finy29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) finy29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) finy29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Do guys 18-30 pay for training?

I know it's not the biggest market in the world, but do you think there are enough guys aged 18-30 happy to pay for training to build a successful business?

The reason I ask is because of a particular marketing strategy, so I'm thinking losing body fat/building muscle (building a beach body) as opposed to guys wanting to become better athletes.

cheers

WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by finy29 View Post
    I know it's not the biggest market in the world, but do you think there are enough guys aged 18-30 happy to pay for training to build a successful business?

The reason I ask is because of a particular marketing strategy, so I'm thinking losing body fat/building muscle (building a beach body) as opposed to guys wanting to become better athletes.

cheers
    Yes, but they are definitely rarer, only also because guys that age tend to think they already know everything or just use resources like this site or their "friend" who is a trainer. If you have a ton of experience and have taken a lot of people into that type of shape and can back it up, then you're likely to do better, much like a good competition prep coach.

Their disposable income is also much lower in general so that's another side of it you have to deal with because they won't be able to invest thousands of dollars in training.

finy29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) finy29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) finy29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) finy29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) finy29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) finy29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) finy29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) finy29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) finy29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) finy29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) finy29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks Woofie, much appreciated.

I guess if there is a small market it's still enough to get some clients instead of none.

Fitness Anarchist SerpentHearted's Avatar
    SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SerpentHearted has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by WoofieNugget View Post
    Yes, but they are definitely rarer, only also because guys that age tend to think they already know everything or just use resources like this site or their "friend" who is a trainer. If you have a ton of experience and have taken a lot of people into that type of shape and can back it up, then you're likely to do better, much like a good competition prep coach.

Their disposable income is also much lower in general so that's another side of it you have to deal with because they won't be able to invest thousands of dollars in training.
    This.

You might consider young adult males who aren't the athletic / gym bro types, but who want to get into shape and feel more confident. There's no shortage of overweight guys in that age bracket, possibly working good jobs with money to spend.

I personally find training males is a pain in the arse 9 times out of 10 but your milage may vary.

mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000) mot1ve is a name known to all. (+5000)
    They do, and it's not 'rarer' at all. It just depends where you are. All the trainers I know the majority of clients are int hat range. I mean cmon it's not 30-60.. 18 -30 is common

To add to this: Even more than just being common, in big cities this age group is the majority for some trainers! It all depends where you are, what the environment is like, etc
    "The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be."
    Never Forget Zyzz Brah

WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by mot1ve View Post
    They do, and it's not 'rarer' at all. It just depends where you are. All the trainers I know the majority of clients are int hat range. I mean cmon it's not 30-60.. 18 -30 is common

To add to this: Even more than just being common, in big cities this age group is the majority for some trainers! It all depends where you are, what the environment is like, etc
    I don't know where you live, but middle aged housewives and females in general are overwhelmingly the majority for any trainer I know.

Thinking back over the past two years I think between five trainers working at my studio I can think of two males between 18-30 who have done ongoing training out of dozens of clients. Guys that age have come in for contest prep posing tips, but not regular training.

WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WolfBeast is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Of course!
    *Prep coach/Cert.Personal trainer-contact for online training
    *Instagram: amythewolf
    *Texas Crew

doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I don't know where you live, but middle aged housewives and females in general are overwhelmingly the majority for any trainer I know.

Thinking back over the past two years I think between five trainers working at my studio I can think of two males between 18-30 who have done ongoing training out of dozens of clients. Guys that age have come in for contest prep posing tips, but not regular training.
    Six of my weekly clients are male 18-30. And of all my clients, I only have two female. It's different everywhere mate.

Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000) Simmo0508 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Depends on the gym dude. Commercial gyms will attract a higher number of younger people regardless, so naturally the PT numbers for that age group increases as a result. For smaller community PT studios, the demographic is moreso middle aged and older people, so the % of younger people doing PTs is of course going to be less. You'll be biased depending on which style of studio you work at.

Without any intentional marketing, and just word of mouth on the floor, i've trained a fair few young people over the years. They're either really fun to train, or a nightmare. Nightmare, as in their schedules always change and they cop a lot of cancellation fees. But any demographic can do that so it's not exactly unique. But i like it. It's fun. Get to get your powerlifting on No need for as much idle chit chat either. They aren't always there to "chat" but to get smashed.
    advertising/self-promotion not permitted

Originally Posted by doughnut91 View Post
    Six of my weekly clients are male 18-30. And of all my clients, I only have two female. It's different everywhere mate.
    I stand corrected. Good on you for making the younger demographic work for you. Curious though, do they purchase long term packages or do they tend to be clients for 3-6 months?

Don't get me wrong, I've trained many young people over the years but tend to shy away from the younger set only because they tend to have less disposable income and many of them think they know everything. Simmo is correct though, generally you can destroy them and they come back for more.

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    I've had lots of younger ones of either gender, most only last 3-6 months though. Generally they don't have their sht together in life, they're more likely to do things like book hairdressing appointments at the same time as their regular training session, or blow all their money on the weekend drinking piss and then have nothing left for training.

I was thinking of on the ACE page having, "must have at least one of: over 50, chronic illness, injury requiring surgery." They tend to be more dedicated.

JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    depends how open minded they are to learning, want to shorten the learning curve , and this doesnt need to be said, but im going to say it anyways, if they are rich or not-not just upper middle class-like most consider rich-doctor, lawyer, but usually have more money then the upper middle class =-)
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Online coaching avilable
    ******** Great Physique Fitness https://www.********.com/Great-Physique-Fitness-575323199169735/?ref=hl
    Twitter SmetonFitness https://twitter.com/SmetonFitness
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/great_physique_fitness/?hl=en

Flipperman2a2w is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipperman2a2w is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipperman2a2w is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipperman2a2w is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipperman2a2w is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipperman2a2w is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipperman2a2w is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipperman2a2w is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipperman2a2w is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipperman2a2w is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Flipperman2a2w is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by finy29 View Post

cheers
    Move to a big city and find a gym that has a predominantly gay clientele. If you've got a physique they want, you can definitely turn that philosophy into a successful business model. Your body is your best advertisement.

doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I stand corrected. Good on you for making the younger demographic work for you. Curious though, do they purchase long term packages or do they tend to be clients for 3-6 months?

Don't get me wrong, I've trained many young people over the years but tend to shy away from the younger set only because they tend to have less disposable income and many of them think they know everything. Simmo is correct though, generally you can destroy them and they come back for more.
    The majority are consistent, longer-term clients, but of course like you mentioned the occasional ones will always become unreliable and bail after a short period. The gym I'm at is in a city centre and filled largely with younger people who work nearby, many of whom I feel are less cautious with their money than the older members. Maybe another reason is that I'm young myself, perhaps that plays a part.

bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigballin6161 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I hate working with anyone below 30. I prefer 40+. The younger people don't have the money, and I find are way more flakey and have problems with. I will take a 40+ client any day of the week.

PlayerSupreme is on a distinguished road. (+10) PlayerSupreme is on a distinguished road. (+10) PlayerSupreme is on a distinguished road. (+10) PlayerSupreme is on a distinguished road. (+10) PlayerSupreme is on a distinguished road. (+10) PlayerSupreme is on a distinguished road. (+10) PlayerSupreme is on a distinguished road. (+10) PlayerSupreme is on a distinguished road. (+10) PlayerSupreme is on a distinguished road. (+10) PlayerSupreme is on a distinguished road. (+10) PlayerSupreme is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Been training since 1987. I'm a dino in the business. Let me say that it's rare for a 18 year old to pay for a trainer or even a 24 year old. Lack of funds for that market. A man 24 who would hire a trainer would still be paying off his college loans. Successful men hire trainers. Men that age are not successful yet. As you get closer to 30 they yes.

It would be better to specialize in certain things or activities. For example if they are 18 and want to play football specialize in helping athletes grow their strength & muscle size. That way a parent can invest in their child and pay for the training as my son's clients do.
    http://theplayersupremeshow.info/howtoescalatetosex