feedtheneed99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry powerline crossover cable machine cables wearing down.

i got the powerline cross over cable machine about a year and a half ago and ive noticed that the low pulley and high pulley cables are rubbing against eachother to the point that its wearing down and black shavings are all over the floor,, its pretty disappointing because it looks like at some point its goin to have to be replaced depending how much I use it ..if you own one are you experiencing this problem? And how do you think it could be fixed?

Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mech6 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by feedtheneed99 View Post
    i got the powerline cross over cable machine about a year and a half ago and ive noticed that the low pulley and high pulley cables are rubbing against eachother to the point that its wearing down and black shavings are all over the floor,, its pretty disappointing because it looks like at some point its goin to have to be replaced depending how much I use it ..if you own one are you experiencing this problem? And how do you think it could be fixed?
    Photos would help.
    ▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #61 ▪█──█▪

Originally Posted by Mech6 View Post
    Photos would help.
    im having trouble getting the photos up but if you look at photos of the machine online you could see where the cables cross eachother. I just looked at the machine a second ago and the more weight that's put it on it the tighter the cables get pushed together and you could see where the cables are rubbing up against eachother and the black shavings are hard to miss on the floor. does anyone have this issue?

In it for the gainz RestoringTally's Avatar
    RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    im having trouble getting the photos up but if you look at photos of the machine online you could see where the cables cross eachother. I just looked at the machine a second ago and the more weight that's put it on it the tighter the cables get pushed together and you could see where the cables are rubbing up against eachother and the black shavings are hard to miss on the floor. does anyone have this issue?
    What you are describing is not a widely reported problem. Most likely your machine is not put together properly. To post pictures you need to use the attachment feature to attach your photos to your post.

Also, have you looked at the manual to see how the cables are supposed to be run? You can find the manual on-line through Google.
    O─O York Barbell Crew #53 O─O
    ─█────█─ Ivanko Barbell Crew #63 ─█────█─
    ─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    My goal is to have so much equipment that I don't have room to workout. I am almost there. :)
    ──────────────────────────────────-───────────────────────
    1st Meet Nov 2014 Push-Pull: 225 - 325 @ 194 Masters 59

heres the only one that would go through
    Attached Images

RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    heres the only one that would go through

Embedded for you.

Need better pics. How is it routed at the top and bottom? But that pic is enough to tell me that the cable is routed improperly. It could be that the top pulley is on the wrong side of the cross-member. Compare your machine to the manual:
    http://www.bodysolid.com/Files/Manua...al_PCCO90X.pdf

Also, you should always balance the weights on each side. It looks like you have a 25 on one side and 15 on the other. If you want 40 pounds on the machine, put 20 on each side of the column. Otherwise the carriage will drag or even bind.
    My goal is to have so much equipment that I don't have room to workout. I am almost there. :)

the high pulleys are both on the same side. they match up with the manual

dif angle I know the quality sucks
    Attached Images

the high pulleys are both on the same side. they match up with the manual
    If the other three pulleys on each side are perfectly centered along the cross-member axis, then it is your cable that is routed wrong. Not having pictures I cannot tell. The manual does not provide sufficient detail.

Have you verified the cables were installed correctly per page 21 of the manual? It may be the cable going to the top pulley (L4, R4) is inside the bight of the other cable and should be outside the bight.

Keep in mind this is just an educated guess from too little information. More and better pics would help.

dif angle I know the quality sucks

Embedded.

First thing, get those unbalanced weights off that machine. Depending upon the clearance of the carriage to the column you could be making the problem worse. Always use the same size weights on each side.

From that pic it may be that you are running the cable for the top pulley inside the bight of the cable for the bottom pulley. Undo one of the pulleys and reroute the cable. I bet it makes a difference. The cable from the bottom pulley should not cross the cable from the top pulley.

edit: when I say top and bottom pulleys, I mean the pulleys closest to where you clip on your attachments. That is, the pulleys that are closest to the ball end of the cable.

the cables match up with the manual those cables are crossing eachothers path either way even in the manual it looks like they touch eachother.

deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) deiphid is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I don't reckon you've routed the cable wrong.

Is it possible the leg with the pulley on it is offset one way or the other, and you have the bottom bases switched?

Motha Funk this Ish

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Most of these types of machines have the low pulley cable clip into the end of the top cable. Try that
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-