Thread: High Glucose?

marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10) marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10) marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10) marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10) marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10) marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10) marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10) marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10) marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10) marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10) marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10)

High Glucose?

I am a little bit worried about my glucose. For the last 2 years, since I changed doctors and got my results (my previous doctor didn't gave them to me, just told me if something was wrong), I saw that my glucose is high, around 100. I have a high-protein diet, 40% of my calories, I eat sweets maybe once a week, I keep my carbs lower than 130 grams a day, and those are from veggies and diary, so I would expect it to be lower. I am afraid I will develop diabetes ... Anyone had a similar problem? How did you fix it?

britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You don't say when you're testing or if there's a family history or if you have any pre-existing conditions.

If you're testing after eating then a reading between 100 - 140 up to 2 hrs after ingestion of food falls in normal ranges. A fasted blood sugar of 70 -99 is normal.

If you have worries you really should go discuss them with your doctor and let them determine if there's a problem and the correct solution.
    *N.A.S.M CPT*

We don't stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing -George Bernard Shaw

Success is not measured by what you accomplish, but by the opposition you have encountered, and the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds - Orison Swett

marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10) marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10) marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10) marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10) marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10) marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10) marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10) marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10) marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10) marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10) marioana is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by britchick884 View Post
    You don't say when you're testing or if there's a family history or if you have any pre-existing conditions.

If you're testing after eating then a reading between 100 - 140 up to 2 hrs after ingestion of food falls in normal ranges. A fasted blood sugar of 70 -99 is normal.

If you have worries you really should go discuss them with your doctor and let them determine if there's a problem and the correct solution.
    The testing was done in the morning, with at least 8 hours of fasting. One of my grandfathers I think he has high glucose, but he is not diabetic (and he is 85 years old and fat). Our company does some health screening every year, and in 2012 I tested 89, in 2013 I tested 94, in March at the doctor I tested 104 and I did a repeat in 3 month and it came 99. Today I tested at work for the annual health screening and it was 101. The doctor says it's normal, because it's in normal range, but I am worried because it seems to be increasing.
    Also, the company health screening is done in October and I used to exercise regularly and keep a strict diet until March 2012. Then I had some life events that made me go to the gym on and off and also my diet became too relaxed. I started again with the regular exercising and diet this year in February...
    It seems exercise and high protein diet increases my glucose levels instead of lowering it ...

britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) britchick884 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by marioana View Post
    The testing was done in the morning, with at least 8 hours of fasting. One of my grandfathers I think he has high glucose, but he is not diabetic (and he is 85 years old and fat). Our company does some health screening every year, and in 2012 I tested 89, in 2013 I tested 94, in March at the doctor I tested 104 and I did a repeat in 3 month and it came 99. Today I tested at work for the annual health screening and it was 101. The doctor says it's normal, because it's in normal range, but I am worried because it seems to be increasing.
    Also, the company health screening is done in October and I used to exercise regularly and keep a strict diet until March 2012. Then I had some life events that made me go to the gym on and off and also my diet became too relaxed. I started again with the regular exercising and diet this year in February...
    It seems exercise and high protein diet increases my glucose levels instead of lowering it ...
    Whilst you're being very health conscious in watching it, it sounds like you've got yourself a little fixated on this. Your readings are normal, your doctors have told you there normal so whats the problem? An increase of 3 or 4 points really isn't something to fret over. Now if you suddenly had a huge and consistent increase then worry. I'd give yourself a break and stop testing before you drive yourself bonkers. Just my 2 cents.
    *N.A.S.M CPT*

We don't stop playing because we grow old; We grow old because we stop playing -George Bernard Shaw

Success is not measured by what you accomplish, but by the opposition you have encountered, and the courage with which you have maintained the struggle against overwhelming odds - Orison Swett