BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Unhappy Working two jobs, going to school and still find time to workout? Help?

Ive been newly living on my own for a few months now and have been taking one class ( a very difficult class) while working full time. I recently had to get a second job so between both jobs, and school, I rarely have a day off. I love to work out and make sure I go at least three times a week but am striving for 6.I want to start training for a Bikini competition at some point next year but working out, and working a 9 hour shift every day, while trying to keep my mind sharp for class and keep my grades up and get enough sleep is exhausting me. On my two days that I am not scheduled to work but have a 4 hour class, I find myself sleeping ALOT which gets in the way of the time I have to study, but I need to be rested otherwise I'm a zombie at work. I meal prep purely for convenience. I know there are people out there with tighter schedules than me, like moms and traveling professionals. How do you guys stay on top of your gym game? I have a planner where I plan out my days, errands, bills, workouts, shifts. I dont do anything I find fun anymore because all I want to do when im done with class, Gym, or work is sleep. Could it be my diet? Training to long in the gym? ( average workout is 2 hours, cardio days are 20 mins hitt). Some days Ill work 15 hours and cant make it to the gym, some days I work an early morning into the afternoon, so when I get into the gym to workout after my shift, I feel sluggish and weak from running around during my shift all day and dont feel satisfied with my workout or feel like I cant even finish it. I dont take pre workout or have caffine at all usually, would that help or tax my body more? I have no Idea what I should do. Today the manager at my second job told me ( very nicely) that I need to get more rest because my job performance was not its best today. I dont want to lose my job because I cant function like a normal human being but I also want to reach my goals and do what I love.

On a side note, I work in food service which can have 9-10 hour shifts that are sometimes understaffed so breaks are very short and infrequent. Ive gone 15 hours on just two fifteen minute breaks before. I want to up the frequency of which I eat my meals and get my metabolism back on track, but these shifts make it difficult to eat every 2 hours. At one of my jobs its more relaxed so I can sneak a bite of something here and there when I run to the back of house but the other one only allows one 30 minute break no on the clock breaks for snacks. Anyone else experience this?
    I want a doughnut

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If it were me, I would not worry about competing in bikini for now. I would be more concerned with health and the fact that your boss is telling you there is an issue.

It sounds like you have a lot going on and until you can either be in a position to drop the second job or maybe take in a room mate or work your financial situation around, then training and "dieting" (low cals, not healthy eating) should be dropped.

Shows will always be there, making rent is more important.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm not sure what kind of training program you're running, but you can get a solid workout done in an hour. As for your diet, it doesn't matter how many times you eat during the day. It comes down to total calories and when you get them in makes no difference in the end result.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

kell0338 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kell0338 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kell0338 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kell0338 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kell0338 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kell0338 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kell0338 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kell0338 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kell0338 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kell0338 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kell0338 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    With 3 kids a full time job and a husband in the military im usually busy as hell, on the go and have no time for myself. work is priority and so are the kids of course if you skip a day in the gym, well thats what has to happen. rest is key for a healthy life dont deprive yourself of it. try working out at home the old fashioned way. i do if im stuck at home and dont have time to go out. sit ups, push ups and run or walk up and down the stairs, squats etc. Don't jeopardize your income and stability because you need to go out to a gym. dont think im saying dont go, just try from home for a bit to make things easier for yourself. If you have diet in check and eat healthy then workoing out at home should be alright, its all about nutrition and what you eat and a bit gym. dont stress too much. best of luck

evegagnon1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I go to two schools full time, work a part-time job and study for about 6 hours a day, sometimes more. At first, I was going to the gym only thrice a week, but when that program was finished, I switched to a new one is on 6 days (though I am active on the 7th day cause I have a 2h dance class, but from now on I'll probably do a full body TRX workout as well).

I have to admit that it freaked me out a bit cause I thought I would not have time. But I ended up having more time because I use this gym time as my "me" time. It's just something I enjoy so much that I don't need any other outing to be good. So I end up with more motivation and energy to do my work and always stay on top of everything I have to do. If anything, my grades have gotten even better, if that's even possible!

I'd say either separate the six days in different body parts, or do four days of heavy lifting and two days of cardio, and keep your workout in between 45-60 mins and it should work

cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cjobson is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Sounds like I'm not quite as busy as you are (work at a spa as a receptionist part time, volunteer EMT on some nights, full time biochemistry student) but one thing that is absolutely essential is time management and scheduling EVERYTHING out. That way, you don't get overwhelmed with feeling like you have no time - its all laid out, and that way, you can figure out some free time when you can squeeze in a workout.

And I agree with the above. Bikini prep requires extensive prep...not quite the best thing to prioritize right now, not until you get some more time at least. You'll get too overwhelmed.

cirion0000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cirion0000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cirion0000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cirion0000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cirion0000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cirion0000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cirion0000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cirion0000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cirion0000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cirion0000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) cirion0000 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If time is truly a critical concern, then you can certainly get by with just three sessions a week - each being as short as 30-45 minutes even. The body doesn't need as much stimulation as most think it does to grow. And if you must still have a large(r) level of volume, you can still compact this in by supersetting and reducing rest times, etc.

In fact the program I'm on now (5/3/1), the author even has a set up where you can make gains just going twice or even only once a week. Not necessarily ideal, but that option is there.
    Gym best lifts
    Squat - 370 lb x 1 rep Strict OHP - 150 lb x 4 rep
    Bench Press - 270 lb x 1 rep Deadlift - 340 lb x 3 rep

Training Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166040681&p=1332331801#post1332331801

Clear Muscle Sponsored Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165842991&p=1328126481#post1328126481

BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50) BleuSam will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sorry I havent responded! Been a little swamped. Thanks to all for all your input ( I havent figured out quoting yet). I definitely agree with creating a schedule for myself and sticking to it. I prioritize my jobs and am never late for shifts and even set up time frames to complete tasks at work because I value my jobs, but for some reason I never considered doing the same for my workout routines. I decided to try scheduling time for my workouts depending on what I work each day and to prioritize them the way I do for work so I never miss a workout. As for the time, I guess I spend so much time working out because its a chill leisurely thing I do for fun so I never put a time limit on it. I usually do my workouts based on upper and lower body rather than by muscle groups. Ive got myself down for 1 hour per workout and decided to cut out one of the three exercises I was doing for each muscle group and combination set the second with the first for now. Anyone have any suggestions or ideas as far as what I should do if I wanted to start training one body part per day instead of upper and lower? Thanks again for all the kind responses!
    I want a doughnut