Bodybuilding.com Information Motivation Supplementation
in:

The World’s #1 Bodybuilding And Fitness Forum - Save Up To 50% Off Retail Prices In Our Bodybuilding.com Store!

BodyPoints: 3220
    The Rob has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) The Rob has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) The Rob has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) The Rob has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) The Rob has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) The Rob has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) The Rob has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) The Rob has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) The Rob has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) The Rob has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) The Rob has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit The Rob's BodySpace

Tattoo and muscle gain

I want to get a tatto ASAP, but I also intend to put on 40 more lbs of muscle (this is a long term goal). How much would the tattoo **** up? let's say on the shoulder or triceps or back.
    If birds use their pecs to fly........do gargoyles use their traps?

I went from 95 lbs to 280 RIPPED in 5 weeks eating ONLY eggs, so don't talk to me about hard gainers! (PS: I can deadlift 3 cars and a bus AND I can squat Roseanne)

BodyPoints: 80
    goblin6 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) goblin6 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) goblin6 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) goblin6 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) goblin6 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) goblin6 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) goblin6 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) goblin6 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) goblin6 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) goblin6 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) goblin6 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit goblin6's BodySpace
    It won't at al. It will just get bigger.

The Rob has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) The Rob has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) The Rob has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) The Rob has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) The Rob has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) The Rob has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) The Rob has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) The Rob has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) The Rob has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) The Rob has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) The Rob has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    You don;t think it would get out of proportion?

or at leasdt need a touch up down the line

I went from 95 lbs to 280 RIPPED in 5 weeks eating ONLY eggs, so don't talk to me about hard gainers! (PS: I can deadlift 3 cars and a bus AND I can squat Roseanne)

BodyPoints: 80
    goblin6 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) goblin6 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) goblin6 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) goblin6 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) goblin6 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) goblin6 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) goblin6 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) goblin6 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) goblin6 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) goblin6 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) goblin6 has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit goblin6's BodySpace
    Originally posted by The Rob
    You don;t think it would get out of proportion?

or at leasdt need a touch up down the line
    All tats at some point need touch up. I really do not lhink it will get out of proportion though.

BodyPoints: 35
    hotgymchick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hotgymchick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hotgymchick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hotgymchick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hotgymchick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hotgymchick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hotgymchick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hotgymchick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hotgymchick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hotgymchick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hotgymchick is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Visit hotgymchick's BodySpace
    This guy I know....got this tattoo on his shoulder a couple years ago..now, he is jacked out of his mind. Completely built...the tattoo looks the same, just stretched out a little, but it doesn't look bad. Get it somewhere else if you are worried.
    5'5", 123 lbs., 14% BF

well like I said, it's either gonna be a big one on my back that extends to my triceps OR on my shoulder (s)

Stats: 5'9", 176 lbs
    BodyPoints: 25677
    AKR has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AKR has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AKR has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AKR has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AKR has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AKR has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AKR has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AKR has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AKR has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AKR has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) AKR has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit AKR's BodySpace
    why not wait until you put on the muscle? if you do it now, the colors won't be as brilliant after because it's going to stretch. even if it stays in the same shape, i would think it's gonna be faded because it's spread out. but hey, if you have the money to get it touched up, go fur it.

BodyPoints: 2247
    Ruthless4Life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ruthless4Life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ruthless4Life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ruthless4Life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ruthless4Life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ruthless4Life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ruthless4Life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ruthless4Life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ruthless4Life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ruthless4Life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000) Ruthless4Life has reached the pinnacle! Best possible rank! (+1000000)
    Visit Ruthless4Life's BodySpace
    It wouldn't make a big difference.

hardgainer19 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    actually heres my story, 5'5 116 pounds got tats inside both my arms, in the inside and also on the out side, im now 5'5 and 195 pounds, tats still look the same, may need a touch up in the future but with even todays tattooist there should be no need if they are really good.

the only thing i will sugges is though, when you get your tattto try to avoid training that area for a week or so and all just to let the tattoo heal properly but cause its still scabby and too soon of training may make you bleed in the areas were the tattoo is bein scabby or peelin away. give it time to heal.
    5'5 209 pounds and still bulkenin and keep it lean! All natural baby, light weight!

Protein? Whats protein, i drink beer!

Originally posted by hardgainer19
    actually heres my story, 5'5 116 pounds got tats inside both my arms, in the inside and also on the out side, im now 5'5 and 195 pounds, tats still look the same, may need a touch up in the future but with even todays tattooist there should be no need if they are really good.

the only thing i will sugges is though, when you get your tattto try to avoid training that area for a week or so and all just to let the tattoo heal properly but cause its still scabby and too soon of training may make you bleed in the areas were the tattoo is bein scabby or peelin away. give it time to heal.
    thx for putting my mind at ease guys.

Ipsilon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Okay - if you do get a tattoo training is out until initial healing is done (1 - 2 weeks depending how good your healing process is), unless you want to lose ink and have it looking crappy almost straight away. Sweat and heat can interfere with the healing of the tattoo, increase scabbing, and cause ink loss. Also you will be giving your body too much to deal with in terms of recovery and healing itself, especially with a large tattoo. You need to treat the tattoo as an injury and act accordingly.

Talk to your tattooist about the design you want - long, spidery tribal styles tend to be okay when weight is gained but solid chunky tattoos contained within an outline such as a crest or a circle can get distorted as the muscle grows and changes shape. From what you say yours is likely to be the former and shouldn't suffer too much.

Find the best artist you can - they'll be able to take your increasing musculature into account when doing the tattoo resulting in a better final outcome. Shop around for a talented artist with a CLEAN studio. Hepatitis you definitely don't want...

Use a GOOD tattoo healing cream. I find that "Tattoo Healing Cream" from The Hemp Company works miracles and maintains colour the best. After the scabs are off and the tattoo is nearly healed, start applying Vitamin E based cream to the skin and keep this up as a daily habit, it will feed the skin cells and help reduce any damage to the tattoo. Continue doing this as long as you're gaining muscle.

Stats: 5'6", 170 lbs
    BodyPoints: 234
    Laurie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Laurie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Laurie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Laurie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Laurie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Laurie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Laurie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Laurie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Laurie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Laurie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Laurie has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Visit Laurie's BodySpace
    Hehehe....mine is the opposite.

Both upper arms have wide bands of interconnected Viking Period artwork (Jellinge gripping beasts). Inside both of my forearms are tattoos of Viking style animals and on the forearm tops, interlaced Viking serpents as you would see on a Runestone on one. A Mamman style bird on the top of the other. The armbands are done in Black/Greywork while the others are colored.

These were done several years ago when I weighed 245. Have been lifting for a year now and lost over 55 pounds doing so (yes, guys....I am a woman with all these tats, 52 years old to boot and still losing weight while gaining strength.)

All I noticed is was with recent looser skin (from the fat loss), the tats "wrinkled" a little when moving the arms but the colors are actually abit "brighter" . The armbands have not changed not much in shading....actually they look better now too. Eventually, the lose skin will tighten up.

I did ask my tattoist what would happen if I did lose weight and told me to expect this. Just as they will stretch, if I gained more (at the time) but the design will stay much as it is.

Hmmmmm, I prefer losing the weight.

But what the others have said about the 'care and feeding" of a tat is true. Do not get one ASAP ....JUST because you feel you must. Tats are forever. Think over carefully the design you want, find a good artist with a clean shop and ask questions. Not every "Tattooist Artist" is an "Artist' or a "Tattooist". What really gripes the good artists is having to rework or coverup a bad piece done by a "technition". Your body is a canvas, a temple...decorate accordingly.

It was a couple of years of reading all I could about tattooing and asking questions before I got my first one. Another couple of years before I finalized the designs for the others. I wanted something that was very unique and told of myself. Designwork, I do as a living anyway as an artist in Celtic/Old Norse period jewelry. You see alot of Celtic stuff but hardly any Viking Age artwork. It's different, believe me.

Good luck with yours.
    -------------------------------------

Bench 135
    Curls Dbl 30
    Squat 235
    Last edited by Laurie; 09-06-2003 at 05:38 AM.

Ipsilon is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Laurie - so good to meet another tattoo fan! I'm working on a full bodysuit at the moment, new school graffiti style with neo-tribal biomech overlay in solid black. I just finished some lovely pieces on the sides of my head - will post pics of my full arm tat at some point too - designed for me, to follow the lines of my natural musculature, roughly speaking - it should flex with my biceps once I get decent definition.

I'm a definite fan of wait and wait and wait and make DAMNED sure you want it before you go through with it - I waited two years for my arm and four for my head tats, and perversely enough, eleven years for my smallest decent tattoo on my leg (in memoriam of a beloved pet - I was saying I wanted her tattooed on me at the age of eleven when I first got her home from the shelter haha!).

Anyway once again nice to meet you!