Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    athrun340 is just really nice. (+1000) athrun340 is just really nice. (+1000) athrun340 is just really nice. (+1000) athrun340 is just really nice. (+1000) athrun340 is just really nice. (+1000) athrun340 is just really nice. (+1000) athrun340 is just really nice. (+1000) athrun340 is just really nice. (+1000) athrun340 is just really nice. (+1000) athrun340 is just really nice. (+1000) athrun340 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm Asian and let me tell you for the hardest class I've taken in college, i was studying 5-8 hours a day. I was reading my book, doing practice problems, and read my textbook again.

As of now, I already have my bachelors and I'm back at a community college taking undergrad classes for my Master's. People get surprised when i tell them i studied 5 hours for an exam.. (Work ethic of Peace.. people are so lazy lol) 5 hours is nothing lol and i always feel like i didnt study hard enough when i do an all nighter... but so far its working

So there you go, i dont know about other Asians but its more of a work ethic than intelligence for me. It's kinda like working out. Put the work in and you'll see good results.

Btw look at the students in graduate school like law, medicine, engineering. You'll see a variety of students.. not just Asians or Indians. Genetics may play a factor but ultimately, its a test of your work ethic. Don't let race/genetics prevent you from reaching your goals.

sickserratus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sickserratus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sickserratus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sickserratus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sickserratus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sickserratus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sickserratus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sickserratus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sickserratus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sickserratus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sickserratus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ramen5 View Post
    I've always been a 80-85% average student. Never seeming to break that 85%+ barrier. I envy those guys who manage to get 90 averages and wish I knew their secret. That's why I ask smart Asian kids and Indian kids how much they study, how much dedication they put into studying, etc. They ALWAYS give me wishy-washy answers like "I don't study a lot", "I barely study lol I procrastinate", etc.

Those answers don't mean **** to me. How the **** do they get those insanely high marks if they don't study? They have got to be bull****ting me. Are they hiding the truth from me because they don't want me to reach their level of success? And to think that I thought of some of these guys as my "friends".....

What is the true secret to the success of Asian and Indian students? Give it to me straight misc
    Beta, socially awkward, ashamed, desperate to be cool ***gots.

I'm the top of my med school class right now about to graduate, and I had no problem telling people I studied 15+ hours my first two years every day. You do what you have to do to reach your goals and **** what anyone thinks.

Edit: Not personally asian or indian.
    Last edited by sickserratus; 10-10-2014 at 12:52 PM.

ProtonFart is not very helpful. (-500) ProtonFart is not very helpful. (-500) ProtonFart is not very helpful. (-500) ProtonFart is not very helpful. (-500) ProtonFart is not very helpful. (-500) ProtonFart is not very helpful. (-500) ProtonFart is not very helpful. (-500) ProtonFart is not very helpful. (-500) ProtonFart is not very helpful. (-500) ProtonFart is not very helpful. (-500) ProtonFart is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by t3mp11 View Post
    No it's actually genetic. Chances that your parents are smart, you will be too.
    The top 20 kids in my high school (of which I was a member) were all WASP offspring. My school had about 40 exchange students. All but a few could hold their own against the white nerd squad, even in math/science.

Nirol is just really nice. (+1000) Nirol is just really nice. (+1000) Nirol is just really nice. (+1000) Nirol is just really nice. (+1000) Nirol is just really nice. (+1000) Nirol is just really nice. (+1000) Nirol is just really nice. (+1000) Nirol is just really nice. (+1000) Nirol is just really nice. (+1000) Nirol is just really nice. (+1000) Nirol is just really nice. (+1000)
    I shared a dorm room with an asian guy. He was really smart to the point where I thought we was making stuff up. He claimed to have a perfect 4.0 and that he though all his classes where phucking easy so he would barley study even before tests. I spend at least twice as long on home work as he did and I would study much much harder for tests than him and my scores were in the 85% range.

By the end of the semester i saw his grade transcript. He had a single b+ everything else was A's and all the test scores i saw was graded 98%-100%. I have no ide what he did to get such good marks, because he legit didn't study very hard.

Apparently it is not only him but his whole family whos like this, because the professor in one of my classes said infront of the whole class that my roommates sister was the best student he had ever had, and that everything she did in his class surpassed his expectations. According to my roommate she also though school was prett easy

ProtonFart is not very helpful. (-500) ProtonFart is not very helpful. (-500) ProtonFart is not very helpful. (-500) ProtonFart is not very helpful. (-500) ProtonFart is not very helpful. (-500) ProtonFart is not very helpful. (-500) ProtonFart is not very helpful. (-500) ProtonFart is not very helpful. (-500) ProtonFart is not very helpful. (-500) ProtonFart is not very helpful. (-500) ProtonFart is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by athrun340 View Post
    I'm Asian and let me tell you for the hardest class I've taken in college, i was studying 5-8 hours a day. I was reading my book, doing practice problems, and read my textbook again.

As of now, I already have my bachelors and I'm back at a community college taking undergrad classes for my Master's. People get surprised when i tell them i studied 5 hours for an exam.. (Work ethic of Peace.. people are so lazy lol) 5 hours is nothing lol and i always feel like i didnt study hard enough when i do an all nighter... but so far its working

So there you go, i dont know about other Asians but its more of a work ethic than intelligence for me. It's kinda like working out. Put the work in and you'll see good results.

Btw look at the students in graduate school like law, medicine, engineering. You'll see a variety of students.. not just Asians or Indians. Genetics may play a factor but ultimately, its a test of your work ethic. Don't let race/genetics prevent you from reaching your goals.
    I know dat feel. Brb 5 hours and still don't feel prepared enough.

MasterYomega has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MasterYomega has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MasterYomega has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MasterYomega has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MasterYomega has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MasterYomega has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MasterYomega has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MasterYomega has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MasterYomega has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MasterYomega has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    And to think that I thought of some of these guys as my "friends"....
    Almost lost it at this.

This isn't for Asian students but for ALL high performers who downplay their work the way you described - it's because they set the bar insanely high for themselves, so for something where a typical decent student would study for like 2 hours they might do 4 hours and be disappointed they didn't do a full 8 hours.
    *We're all gonna make it Crew*

antiwhitekn1ght is a jewel in the rough. (+500) antiwhitekn1ght is a jewel in the rough. (+500) antiwhitekn1ght is a jewel in the rough. (+500) antiwhitekn1ght is a jewel in the rough. (+500) antiwhitekn1ght is a jewel in the rough. (+500) antiwhitekn1ght is a jewel in the rough. (+500) antiwhitekn1ght is a jewel in the rough. (+500) antiwhitekn1ght is a jewel in the rough. (+500) antiwhitekn1ght is a jewel in the rough. (+500) antiwhitekn1ght is a jewel in the rough. (+500) antiwhitekn1ght is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    they study A LOT... they are scared chitless that their parents will disown them and beat the chit out of them for not getting those grades. If they're so smart why are their countries such garbage?

Victorious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Victorious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Victorious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Victorious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Victorious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Victorious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Victorious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Victorious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Victorious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Victorious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Victorious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ProtonFart View Post
    I know dat feel. Brb 5 hours and still don't feel prepared enough.
    That ^

How many hours a week, what days, do you work?
    How to stay MOTIVATED: Take it one day at a time, surround yourself with positivity, create a vision board, make S.M.A.R.T. goals, reward yourself, BELIEVE in yourself, acknowledge your positive attributes, recognize your progress, visualize accomplishing your goals, be kind to yourself, and above all - DON'T COMPARE yourself to others.

IG/Twitter: @liveestronger | ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(Chipotle Crew)((___) | ╰☆╮MWC╰☆╮| MFP: http://bit.ly/20klkwq | My Blog: http://bit.ly/1Q3RZRk

Vikingmiscer is just really nice. (+1000) Vikingmiscer is just really nice. (+1000) Vikingmiscer is just really nice. (+1000) Vikingmiscer is just really nice. (+1000) Vikingmiscer is just really nice. (+1000) Vikingmiscer is just really nice. (+1000) Vikingmiscer is just really nice. (+1000) Vikingmiscer is just really nice. (+1000) Vikingmiscer is just really nice. (+1000) Vikingmiscer is just really nice. (+1000) Vikingmiscer is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by t3mp11 View Post
    No it's actually genetic. Chances that your parents are smart, you will be too.
    This doesnt mean its genetic, they grow up around ambitious and successful people. They take after their ways, not genetics.

I study engineering, one of my classmates is originally from korea. He isnt the smartest kid in the class, he does not get anything for free. The only thing that will get you better grades is studying.
    Last edited by Vikingmiscer; 10-10-2014 at 12:59 PM.

SymphonyXXX is just really nice. (+1000) SymphonyXXX is just really nice. (+1000) SymphonyXXX is just really nice. (+1000) SymphonyXXX is just really nice. (+1000) SymphonyXXX is just really nice. (+1000) SymphonyXXX is just really nice. (+1000) SymphonyXXX is just really nice. (+1000) SymphonyXXX is just really nice. (+1000) SymphonyXXX is just really nice. (+1000) SymphonyXXX is just really nice. (+1000) SymphonyXXX is just really nice. (+1000)
    Depends on which type of Asian. Off the boat Asians? Those guys don't speak a word of English, but they can ****ing say 'I study everyday. All day. No life' and they mean it.

The "Americanized" young Asians/Indians lie, lie, lie because they want to fit in and be 'cool', a telling sign of their social stupidity and/or naivete. They're incredibly studious and not as 'naturally intelligent' as people think.

Anecdotal evidence is definitely NOT evidence, but I've seen Asians, Indians included, sit at a single desk for the better part of 16 hours with a bottle of tea, a sandwich and some peanuts and move only to go piss/poo.

Some of them are incredibly RUTHLESS and lie, steal exams, hoard old exams, blah, blah, blah, to get ahead.

Sandiks is not very helpful. (-500) Sandiks is not very helpful. (-500) Sandiks is not very helpful. (-500) Sandiks is not very helpful. (-500) Sandiks is not very helpful. (-500) Sandiks is not very helpful. (-500) Sandiks is not very helpful. (-500) Sandiks is not very helpful. (-500) Sandiks is not very helpful. (-500) Sandiks is not very helpful. (-500) Sandiks is not very helpful. (-500)
    School is all about memorizing patterns and information.

Writing what your teachers want you to write instead of what you actually think on essays and so on...

Doesn't really have to do that much with actual smarts.

athrun340 is just really nice. (+1000) athrun340 is just really nice. (+1000) athrun340 is just really nice. (+1000) athrun340 is just really nice. (+1000) athrun340 is just really nice. (+1000) athrun340 is just really nice. (+1000) athrun340 is just really nice. (+1000) athrun340 is just really nice. (+1000) athrun340 is just really nice. (+1000) athrun340 is just really nice. (+1000) athrun340 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Victorious View Post
    That ^

How many hours a week, what days, do you work?
    really depends on the classes I'm taking. The last 2 years of my undergrad, i was in a very intense nursing program. 75 and below is considered a fail and if you fail one class, you have to wait a year in order to repeat the class.

I was studying 5-8 hours a day one week prior to a major exam. On days where i didnt have any exams coming up, i just read the chapters in my book and make notes. I studied probably 2-3 hours on those days. I only worked part time.. 16 hours a week.

If you dont feel confident enough prior to taking your exam, then you didnt study hard enough.

edited: sickserratus knows whats up. I believe him. Its all about work ethic.

Astyanax is a name known to all. (+5000) Astyanax is a name known to all. (+5000) Astyanax is a name known to all. (+5000) Astyanax is a name known to all. (+5000) Astyanax is a name known to all. (+5000) Astyanax is a name known to all. (+5000) Astyanax is a name known to all. (+5000) Astyanax is a name known to all. (+5000) Astyanax is a name known to all. (+5000) Astyanax is a name known to all. (+5000) Astyanax is a name known to all. (+5000)
    How much you have to study for an A depends on the school.

A lot of Asians cheat like crazy.

A lot of them also study a lot in comparison to other kids, but maybe it doesn't seem like a lot to them.
    "Lift heavy ass $hit until you die because nothing is worse than being weak." ~ Hamburger Train.

sickserratus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sickserratus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sickserratus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sickserratus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sickserratus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sickserratus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sickserratus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sickserratus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sickserratus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sickserratus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) sickserratus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Vikingmiscer View Post
    This doesnt mean its genetic, they grow up around ambitious and successful people. They take after their ways, not genetics.

I study engineering, one of my classmates is originally from korea. He isnt the smartest kid in the class, he does not get anything for free. The only thing that will get you better grades is studying.
    It's very rare that hard work is not behind the success of top students. I mean I cannot tell you how many (as a med student) doctor parents have kids who are absolutely terrible students. They complain about it on rotations all the time.

My mom's a house mom and my dad is an immigrant who went to college here but didn't do anything with it.

Victorious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Victorious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Victorious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Victorious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Victorious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Victorious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Victorious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Victorious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Victorious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Victorious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Victorious has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sickserratus View Post
    Beta, socially awkward, ashamed, desperate to be cool ***gots.

I'm the top of my med school class right now about to graduate, and I had no problem telling people I studied 15+ hours my first two years every day. You do what you have to do to reach your goals and **** what anyone thinks.

Edit: Not personally asian or indian.
    really depends on the classes I'm taking. The last 2 years of my undergrad, i was in a very intense nursing program. 75 and below is considered a fail and if you fail one class, you have to wait a year in order to repeat the class.

I was studying 5-8 hours a day one week prior to a major exam. On days where i didnt have any exams coming up, i just read the chapters in my book and make notes. I studied probably 2-3 hours on those days. I only worked part time.. 16 hours a week.

If you dont feel confident enough prior to taking your exam, then you didnt study hard enough.

edited: sickserratus knows whats up. I believe him. Its all about work ethic.
    So this is where I come in and say, many of those that have that amount of dispensable time to dedicate to studying, are the ones that will be averaging 90%. I'm working full time, and I'm also full time in school, I'm still managing a 3.1 or so, but regardless, if I could dedicate as much time as you two brahs have, or do, I'd also be joining you guys at the top. But unfortunately we all make do with what we've got.
    How to stay MOTIVATED: Take it one day at a time, surround yourself with positivity, create a vision board, make S.M.A.R.T. goals, reward yourself, BELIEVE in yourself, acknowledge your positive attributes, recognize your progress, visualize accomplishing your goals, be kind to yourself, and above all - DON'T COMPARE yourself to others.

IG/Twitter: @liveestronger | ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(Chipotle Crew)((___) | ╰☆╮MWC╰☆╮| MFP: http://bit.ly/20klkwq | My Blog: http://bit.ly/1Q3RZRk

EE Student Master Race Rayaarito's Avatar
    Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Rayaarito has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MasterYomega View Post
    Almost lost it at this.

This isn't for Asian students but for ALL high performers who downplay their work the way you described - it's because they set the bar insanely high for themselves, so for something where a typical decent student would study for like 2 hours they might do 4 hours and be disappointed they didn't do a full 8 hours.
    This. Not asian but i haven't gone out in the past couple weekends. Except sundays when i just hang out with friends

Originally Posted by Victorious View Post
    So this is where I come in and say, many of those that have that amount of dispensable time to dedicate to studying, are the ones that will be averaging 90%. I'm working full time, and I'm also full time in school, I'm still managing a 3.1 or so, but regardless, if I could dedicate as much time as you two brahs have, or do, I'd also be joining you guys at the top. But unfortunately we all make do with what we've got.
    Well in all fairness I am in medical school, and most people don't work in medical school. We just take out ridiculous loans to replace what you guys work for to live lol.

In college I was lucky to get a full tuition scholarship from high school (I went to a college that was probably less than my qualifications because of this... I thought it was worth it, but didn't get that college experience nomisayin?) so I worked low pay and low hour jobs throughout college and could get by.

Vodkas21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vodkas21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vodkas21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vodkas21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vodkas21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vodkas21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vodkas21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vodkas21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vodkas21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vodkas21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vodkas21 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I remember some asian kid(who said he studied a lot) getting chitted on because he got a bad mark in an exam. Maybe they don't want additional pressure on top of their overbearing families.
    *No fat chicks crew
    *Always picks 4 crew
    *Marriage not even once crew
    *Kids maybe crew

ramen5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramen5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramen5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramen5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramen5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramen5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramen5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramen5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramen5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramen5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramen5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thank you misc for providing the honest answers that no one IRL has provided me with

s/o to sickserratus especially. the 15+ hours/day sounds so intense, but like you said, you gotta do what you gotta do and **** what others think

also nice lifting analogy athrun

ShreddedSnorlax has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShreddedSnorlax has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShreddedSnorlax has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShreddedSnorlax has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShreddedSnorlax has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShreddedSnorlax has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShreddedSnorlax has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShreddedSnorlax has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShreddedSnorlax has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShreddedSnorlax has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ShreddedSnorlax has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The amount of effort you put into something is relative.

So maybe to them not studying a lot is your studying too much.

Plus they got the brain development from eating all that fish

Everydang u do is balloon 20Mavs11's Avatar
    20Mavs11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 20Mavs11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 20Mavs11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 20Mavs11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 20Mavs11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 20Mavs11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 20Mavs11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 20Mavs11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 20Mavs11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 20Mavs11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 20Mavs11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    1. Most of them are probably telling the truth. They learn good study habits a young age. Your average American student will learn a good study habit close to the end of High School (SAT's usually open them up on how to study smart).

2. Some of them think four hours a day of studying isn't a lot. Back when they studied for an exam or SAT they would probably study a total of five hours plus full schedule of classes a day. Now in college, it's a little bit more relaxed.

3. The ones you're talking to have a photographic memory and don't really learn the material, they just scan and then dump what they remembered on test day.

Very rarely will you find a smart kid who made low grades early in his/her life and then turned it around come college time. BUt if you do, take out a pen and paper and take notes on everything they tell you.
    [Dallas Cowboys][Dallas Mavericks][Texas Rangers][TCU*NCAA][DFW Crew]
    [Law of Attraction Crew]

There are glowies on the misc now. Don't fall for the bait.

Misc_Lurker is a name known to all. (+5000) Misc_Lurker is a name known to all. (+5000) Misc_Lurker is a name known to all. (+5000) Misc_Lurker is a name known to all. (+5000) Misc_Lurker is a name known to all. (+5000) Misc_Lurker is a name known to all. (+5000) Misc_Lurker is a name known to all. (+5000) Misc_Lurker is a name known to all. (+5000) Misc_Lurker is a name known to all. (+5000) Misc_Lurker is a name known to all. (+5000) Misc_Lurker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Reiterating what other people are saying. It's not encouraged to brag in Asian culture. It's better to downplay something than admit how much effort you make or how high you scored.

In western culture its praised when one does a good job or gets great marks. Its opposite in eastern culture.
    *Coffee Crew*
    *Minimalist Crew*
    *Audiophile Crew*
    *Good Samaritan Crew*

Auf Wiedersehen' - Scooby

moofthedog is a name known to all. (+5000) moofthedog is a name known to all. (+5000) moofthedog is a name known to all. (+5000) moofthedog is a name known to all. (+5000) moofthedog is a name known to all. (+5000) moofthedog is a name known to all. (+5000) moofthedog is a name known to all. (+5000) moofthedog is a name known to all. (+5000) moofthedog is a name known to all. (+5000) moofthedog is a name known to all. (+5000) moofthedog is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ez

Begin your familiarization with the material before class
    Pay attention during class, note the stuff the professor says in order to get test hints
    By the time you get to studying, all you're doing is reviewing the material and filling in the details.

The 80 percent of knowing comes during the first two parts, and the 20 percent that pushes you up to an A comes with the extra reviewing.

source: Half-assed high school, only just learned how to efficiently study during college

edit
    part filipino, I can confirm downplaying. never accepted any compliments until I realized it's awkward and rude in western culture

Thank you misc for providing the honest answers that no one IRL has provided me with

s/o to sickserratus especially. the 15+ hours/day sounds so intense, but like you said, you gotta do what you gotta do and **** what others think

also nice lifting analogy athrun
    When you get to my age, IMO at least, it's better to look back and say "I wish I partied more" rather than "I wish I worked harder." Getting some crazy interviews for residency right now because of what I did for myself. I did sacrifice a lot. I'd rather be here and partied less (even though I still did), than the other way around.

But it was also good to have a close circle of like 10 friends who knew when I needed to be on top of my ****, they never gave me a hard time about not hanging out with the bros. That helped a lot too.

My mentality overall though, and the advice I give to people is figure out for yourself how hard you need to work to achieve the level of success you need to reach your goals. Some people will need to study more or less to do that. Titrate as needed. Whatever free time is left after that is what you fill up with hobbies, going out, etc. And you'll have some breaks and free weekends for free time and yourself. But the priority is there. You know what's most important. That's the key. And tbh, when I did go out/party/etc it was so much funner because I didn't do it as much as other people.

hoenomo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hoenomo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hoenomo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hoenomo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hoenomo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hoenomo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hoenomo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hoenomo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hoenomo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hoenomo is a jewel in the rough. (+500) hoenomo is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    LOL at all the asian brahs in here saying it's cultural

*******s be lieing so you can think they are smart and not just hardworking. One of the worst ways to brag.

Having said that, there were certain subjects that as an asian male, I felt I did much better than my peers with much less time spent. Such subjects included numbers, equations, logical reasoning, etc. no racist. I struggled and had to work harder for a good grade in classes like bio/eng/history etc.

ramen5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramen5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramen5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramen5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramen5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramen5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramen5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramen5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramen5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramen5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ramen5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    thread gave me motivation to work harder

logging off to have a good Friday night study sesh

One Of Our Top Posters! NotANun21's Avatar
    NotANun21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NotANun21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NotANun21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NotANun21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NotANun21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NotANun21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NotANun21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NotANun21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NotANun21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NotANun21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NotANun21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    cos their whole life they wake up, read their books and play their violin, then go to bed

"not a lot" to them means "ehh only 10 hours today, had loads of free time"

Tommy12Orr4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy12Orr4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy12Orr4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy12Orr4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy12Orr4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy12Orr4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy12Orr4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy12Orr4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy12Orr4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy12Orr4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy12Orr4 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Destor has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    They either genuinely think their top tier amount of studying actually isn't much or they're straight up lying. Nobody is at the top of their class without working their ass off.

DolobMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DolobMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DolobMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DolobMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DolobMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DolobMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DolobMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DolobMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DolobMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DolobMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DolobMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If they're international students then it's because the "Americanized" amount of studying is a joke. They're not actually lying per say the standards are just different. Studying 3 hours a day is easy for them so when they say they procrastinate/don't study hard it means they just studied less than X amount of hours where X is an absurdly high number for regular people.

K-12 is a joke in America, you can get by with little studying and even little understanding of the concept, but in China everyone starts "university" level of study routines in low grades like grade 2 or 3.
    D:495 S:410 B:300 @ 183

*Born in Texas but dad makes more money from Canadians crew