Fatmax1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fatmax1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fatmax1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fatmax1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fatmax1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fatmax1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fatmax1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fatmax1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fatmax1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fatmax1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fatmax1 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Fixing that which is not broken. 5x5 advanced

Currently running 5x5 advanced(?), using the 5x5 working sets at a static weight for deadlifts each wednesday. However I notice where the load of 5x5 is not asburdly hard to deal with(week 3 2nd cycle), my godawful cardio however makes it weird(if not slightly dangerous towards end sets on week 4).

With that said I experimented with a 10x3 setxrep range instead(no weight change from 5x5) and where it definitely was easier to get through it also felt a lot more secure. So I'm curious would this be a valid alternative? (slightly more tonnage on 10x3) or am I just foolishly tinkering with a working program here.

tl;dr 10x3 instead of 5x5 is this a thing?

hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hammerfelt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Read up on Doug Hepburn the Power and the Pump. He did what you speak of back in the 50's.

http://www.myosynthesis.com/workouts...pburn-routines

phrali has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phrali has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phrali has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phrali has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phrali has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phrali has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phrali has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phrali has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phrali has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phrali has a spectacular aura about. (+250) phrali has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    30 reps at higher weight than you would be using for 25 reps. Probably not the worst thing ever.

Try it for a few weeks and see if works for you.

Fair warning - once you have progressed up in weight on the bar, 10x3 is going to take a LONG time to complete.
    ---Likes front squats more than back squats crew---
    ---Likes overhead press more than bench press crew---
    ---Can't argue with deadlifts crew---

jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by hammerfelt View Post
    Read up on Doug Hepburn the Power and the Pump. He did what you speak of back in the 50's.

http://www.myosynthesis.com/workouts...pburn-routines
    I have found that 5x5 and 3x5 had me burn out early compared to most, but have had modest progression with Hepburn's methods. You still strive for linear progression but with a much slower pace.
    #sunyourballs
    Unvaxed sperm is the next Bitcoin
    ⒻⓊⒸⓀ ⒷⒾⒹⒺⓃ