Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Ninnut85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Not gaining muscle, just fat.

Hello all,

Looking for some advice/help for a newbie. Don’t know if this is the right forum, if not, apologies.
    I’ve been very skinny for most of my life, as I got into my mid to late twenties I started to get podgy around the middle but remained very skinny on my arms, shoulders, chest area.
    I decided to try and do something about it and try to put some muscle mass on.
    I believe I’m a true skinny-fat hard gainer. I’ve been lifting heavy now for 6 months and have seen little results for the effort I feel I’ve put in.
    The issue seems to be I struggle to put on any real mass. I’ve been monitoring my weight and body fat each week and the scales have only ever fluctuated a small amount. Some weeks it goes up a tiny amount and some weeks it will have gone down. I’m basically still the same weight I’ve been for ages. I monitor my macros and calories each day to make sure I’m around 250 each day in a surplus. I make sure to consume at least 1g of protein for each lb of my weight.
    I’ve experimented with upping my calorie intake in 100 increments to see if that helps but all that ever happens is it goes straight to my stomach and love handles are I start to get fat very quickly. This is the only way I ever see the numbers on the scales go up but I don’t want fat weight, that’s not helping me at all.

I kinda feel like I’ve hit a wall, if I increase my calories I just get fat despite me working my ass off in the gym. Seems my genetics are geared to my body storing fat and refusing to build muscle. I believe 0.5-1lb a week is what I should be hoping for but in 6 months I've barely gone up at all. By these numbers, by now, I should be a min of 12lbs heavier, I can only dream of getting those type of numbers.

When I first started, my body fat (according to my scales) was 18.9%, I got this down to 12.9% before I started lifting properly. 6 months later it says I’m at 14.7% body fat but the muscle % (which is also measure) hasn’t moved even .1%.
    My diet is clean, I don’t eat junk or processed foods.
    My work out mostly consists of heavy compound lifts with a few isolation arm exercises thrown in.

I’ve had a look around on here, reading various posts but haven’t really found any of people in my situation.

First pictures are from where I was when I stated at 18.9% body fat and the others are where I am now, 6 months later at 14.7% (according to my scales) body fat. (I got rid of the chest hair so I could judge progress more easily in the mirror, hair kinda makes it difficult)

If anyone has any help for a newbie who struggles to put on muscle but stores fat very easily, that would be amazing.
    Attached Images

TopCitySTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) TopCitySTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) TopCitySTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) TopCitySTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) TopCitySTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) TopCitySTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) TopCitySTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) TopCitySTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) TopCitySTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) TopCitySTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) TopCitySTI will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Could you post detailed information about your diet? how many cals, protein, carbs, fats?

Originally Posted by TopCitySTI View Post
    Could you post detailed information about your diet? how many cals, protein, carbs, fats?
    Total calories per day: 2400
    Protein: 140g
    Fats: 60g
    Carbs: remaining required to get me to 2400 calories (usually between 250g - 300g)

TopCitySTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) TopCitySTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) TopCitySTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) TopCitySTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) TopCitySTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) TopCitySTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) TopCitySTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) TopCitySTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) TopCitySTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) TopCitySTI will become famous soon enough. (+50) TopCitySTI will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Where did you get the number of 2400? That doesn't seem like enough to me. what do you weigh?

Where did you get the number of 2400? That doesn't seem like enough to me. what do you weigh?
    It's calculated using the Harris Benedict equation.
    Around 131lbs

"Your estimated Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) is
    1552 kcal/day.
    A rough estimate of the number of calories required per day based on your current activity level is: 2134 kcal/day.
    If you consume 2134 kcal/day you would simply maintain your current weight assuming that you consistently maintained the same activity level. If you completely eliminate any exercise (sedentary), you could consume 1862 kcal/day without gaining weight."

So 2134kcal plus the surplus of 250 = 2384kcal so rounded up is 2400kcal a day

The Italian Scallion BrotherWolf's Avatar
    BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Ninnut85 View Post
    Hello all,

Looking for some advice/help for a newbie. Don’t know if this is the right forum, if not, apologies.
    I’ve been very skinny for most of my life, as I got into my mid to late twenties I started to get podgy around the middle but remained very skinny on my arms, shoulders, chest area.
    I decided to try and do something about it and try to put some muscle mass on.
    I believe I’m a true skinny-fat hard gainer. I’ve been lifting heavy now for 6 months and have seen little results for the effort I feel I’ve put in.
    The issue seems to be I struggle to put on any real mass. I’ve been monitoring my weight and body fat each week and the scales have only ever fluctuated a small amount. Some weeks it goes up a tiny amount and some weeks it will have gone down. I’m basically still the same weight I’ve been for ages. I monitor my macros and calories each day to make sure I’m around 250 each day in a surplus. I make sure to consume at least 1g of protein for each lb of my weight.
    I’ve experimented with upping my calorie intake in 100 increments to see if that helps but all that ever happens is it goes straight to my stomach and love handles are I start to get fat very quickly. This is the only way I ever see the numbers on the scales go up but I don’t want fat weight, that’s not helping me at all.

I kinda feel like I’ve hit a wall, if I increase my calories I just get fat despite me working my ass off in the gym. Seems my genetics are geared to my body storing fat and refusing to build muscle. I believe 0.5-1lb a week is what I should be hoping for but in 6 months I've barely gone up at all. By these numbers, by now, I should be a min of 12lbs heavier, I can only dream of getting those type of numbers.

When I first started, my body fat (according to my scales) was 18.9%, I got this down to 12.9% before I started lifting properly. 6 months later it says I’m at 14.7% body fat but the muscle % (which is also measure) hasn’t moved even .1%.
    My diet is clean, I don’t eat junk or processed foods.
    My work out mostly consists of heavy compound lifts with a few isolation arm exercises thrown in.

I’ve had a look around on here, reading various posts but haven’t really found any of people in my situation.

First pictures are from where I was when I stated at 18.9% body fat and the others are where I am now, 6 months later at 14.7% (according to my scales) body fat. (I got rid of the chest hair so I could judge progress more easily in the mirror, hair kinda makes it difficult)

If anyone has any help for a newbie who struggles to put on muscle but stores fat very easily, that would be amazing.
    from what i can see you are "severely" underweight, I mean you post no stats but 130lbs is 130lbs… and 2400 calories isn't going to make you gain any mass
    you make the typical newbie mistakes , you're afraid of getting fat and you're not eating sufficiently

you haven't hit a wall because you haven't even started .
    first step is to forget about fat and work on gaining 30-40lbs , assuming training is appropriate (saying you lift heavy means nothing) when you have gained that amount of body weight I can guarantee you a large portion of it will be muscles

Most men if not all will add fat to the midsection first and everyone but the blessed few struggle to gain muscles so you're not some special case..

less thinking, more eating and more lifting get on a program like starting strength if you are serious about this , it will benefit you a whole lot

PS
    eating clean whatever that means isn't going to help you either
    who says love has to be soft and gentle ?

From my personal experience, when I started back in May, I was 195 and eating 3100 Cals a day. I was gaining muscle and fat like most everyone does. About a month ago I realized I had plateaued at about 210 didnt really gain much after that. 2 weeks ago I started eating more. 3600 cals a day, and I am back to upping my weights in the gym almost every week and gaining more weight. If 2400 is not working for you, eat more. You will gain some fat yes, but thats just what happens. When you get to where you want to be muscle wise then you can cut back that fat and get shredded.

Originally Posted by BrotherWolf View Post
    PS
    eating clean whatever that means isn't going to help you either
    not eating junk food

From my personal experience, when I started back in May, I was 195 and eating 3100 Cals a day. I was gaining muscle and fat like most everyone does. About a month ago I realized I had plateaued at about 210 didnt really gain much after that. 2 weeks ago I started eating more. 3600 cals a day, and I am back to upping my weights in the gym almost every week and gaining more weight. If 2400 is not working for you, eat more. You will gain some fat yes, but thats just what happens. When you get to where you want to be muscle wise then you can cut back that fat and get shredded.
    I upped my calories to 2800 for two weeks thinking that's why I wasn't gaining much. My body fat rocketed from 13% to over 15% within a week. I gained nearly an inch around my waist, at that rate I'd be 20% body fat in just over a month. Seemed fairly obvious to me those extra calories were just being stored as fat.
    I've read in various places it's best to never go over 15% body fat due to increased insulin resistance. Is that not true?

tomweigel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dont let anyone state what your overall calorie intake should be. Gradually increase your calories and try to limit your weight gain to 0.5-1 lbs per week. Make sure your getting enough protein too. Lastly the scale BF's are BS. I would recommend going for a bodpod test (test site locator in my sig) or simply using a tape measure to measure changes at your waist(naval).

Inuendo? In HER end Oh! PickItUp's Avatar
    PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000) PickItUp is just really nice. (+1000)
    I upped my calories to 2800 for two weeks thinking that's why I wasn't gaining much. My body fat rocketed from 13% to over 15% within a week. I gained nearly an inch around my waist, at that rate I'd be 20% body fat in just over a month. Seemed fairly obvious to me those extra calories were just being stored as fat.
    I've read in various places it's best to never go over 15% body fat due to increased insulin resistance. Is that not true?
    OK, so let's look at your workout. How do you feel after a workout? Could you go back the next day or are you too sore? Are you barely able to finish the last set of each exercise with 6 reps? If you struggle on the 6th ot 7th rep, then your weight is probably pretty close to ideal. If you can crank out 12 reps, then it's too light. How many sets do you do, and which exercises are you doing?
    Mark these words in the annals (no homo) of bodybuilding.com.
    8===D~~~ (.Y.)

Originally Posted by PickItUp View Post
    OK, so let's look at your workout. How do you feel after a workout? Could you go back the next day or are you too sore? Are you barely able to finish the last set of each exercise with 6 reps? If you struggle on the 6th ot 7th rep, then your weight is probably pretty close to ideal. If you can crank out 12 reps, then it's too light. How many sets do you do, and which exercises are you doing?
    This is my workout, it's a beginners workout:
    Week 1
    1.Monday: Workout A
    2.Tuesday: off
    3.Wednesday: Workout B
    4.Thursday: off
    5.Friday: Workout A
    6.Saturday: off
    7.Sunday: off

Week 2
    1.Monday: Workout B
    2.Tuesday: off
    3.Wednesday: Workout A
    4.Thursday: off
    5.Friday: Workout B
    6.Saturday: off
    7.Sunday: off

Workout A
    1.Squats
    3 sets of 8-10 reps.
    2 minutes rest between sets.
    2.Bench Press
    3 sets of 8-10 reps.
    3.Rows
    3 sets of 8-10 reps.
    4.Triceps Press Downs
    1 set of 10-12 reps.
    5.Calf Raises
    1-2 sets of 10-12 reps.
    1 minute rest between sets.

Workout B
    1.Deadlifts
    3 sets of 8-10 reps.
    2.Pull-Ups
    3 sets of 8-10 reps.
    3.Overhead Shoulder Press
    3 sets of 8-10 reps.
    4.Biceps Curls
    1 set of 10-12 reps.
    5.Abs
    1-2 sets of 10-12 reps.
    1 minute rest between sets

Each time I make sure i'm finding it hard pushed to hit 10reps on all 3 sets. If I make it into the 8-10 range on all 3 sets I up the weight by 5lbs.
    I've been doing this since the start and have managed to increase the total weight quite a lot over 6 months. It just doesn't seem to show on me but I'm a lot stronger now than when I started.

boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It's calculated using the Harris Benedict equation.
    Around 131lbs

"Your estimated Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) is
    1552 kcal/day.
    A rough estimate of the number of calories required per day based on your current activity level is: 2134 kcal/day.
    If you consume 2134 kcal/day you would simply maintain your current weight assuming that you consistently maintained the same activity level. If you completely eliminate any exercise (sedentary), you could consume 1862 kcal/day without gaining weight."

So 2134kcal plus the surplus of 250 = 2384kcal so rounded up is 2400kcal a day

If you ever recalculate or in the future FYI:

Katch-Mcardle is the one to use when calculating not Harris-Benedict which is very inaccurate.

That said, as stated by posters, find the amount of calories that has you gaining .5-1 lbs weekly which will minimize fat gains.

It's a matter of getting the right amount of macros/calories in, your training, rest and patience.

It's long term journey to pack on considerable lean mass but it will happen with dedication to diet and training.
    NASM CPT

IG: jeff.galanzzi

-----------------------------
    RIP my friend D4K

Originally Posted by boo99 View Post
    If you ever recalculate or in the future FYI:

Katch-Mcardle is the one to use when calculating not Harris-Benedict which is very inaccurate.

That said, as stated by posters, find the amount of calories that has you gaining .5-1 lbs weekly which will minimize fat gains.

It's a matter of getting the right amount of macros/calories in, your training, rest and patience.

It's long term journey to pack on considerable lean mass but it will happen with dedication to diet and training.
    Thank you.
    I've just run it again using the Katch McArdle and it comes out with 2019kcal to maintain my current weight so with a 250 surplus that means my daily calories should be 2269kcal, less than the Harris Benedict calculation states I should be.

I wouldnt use those scales as being accurate for body fat. Also I gain and inch around my waist after eating breakfast.

Dont worry so much about what you see in one week. Do this for a month and if you dont gain any weight, up your cals, if you gain between 2-4 lbs your doing good. If you gain more then that drop your cals down.

boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) boo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thank you.
    I've just run it again using the Katch McArdle and it comes out with 2019kcal to maintain my current weight so with a 250 surplus that means my daily calories should be 2269kcal, less than the Harris Benedict calculation states I should be.
    Keep in mind that these calculations are just merely starting point estimates.

The real indicator would be the caloric amount that gives the results desired whether that be bulking or cutting. (.5lbs - 1 lbs weekly gain/loss depending if cutting/bulking)

The thing for you to find is your caloric amount that has you gaining .5 lbs - 1lbs weekly to minimize fat gains.
    NASM CPT

IG: jeff.galanzzi

-----------------------------
    RIP my friend D4K

Sup3rBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sup3rBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sup3rBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sup3rBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sup3rBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sup3rBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sup3rBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sup3rBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sup3rBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sup3rBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sup3rBoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Total calories per day: 2400
    Protein: 140g
    Fats: 60g
    Carbs: remaining required to get me to 2400 calories (usually between 250g - 300g)
    2400 cal? i was consuming 2000-2300 when i was losing weight without going to the gym lol.

Everyone's different.....

kr0ss31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kr0ss31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kr0ss31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kr0ss31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kr0ss31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kr0ss31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kr0ss31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kr0ss31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kr0ss31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kr0ss31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kr0ss31 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Maybe look at a program on the site like lean body by lee labrada or short cut to size by jim stoppani? it has a straight forward meal plan and workout guide, worked for me when i was trying to set a goal for myself and trying to learn , with quite a bit of videos and information i dident know before. Might help more if you do some research and not get misguided advice from a ton of people. make your life a little easier. Just trying to help. look threw some programs and watch videos on them and read up on some issues you are having, also the site contains tons of articles and calculators. Wait about 2 weeks after adjusting your diet to make more changes, this will give your body enough time to adapt to the new changes and notice results.

Cheers

Originally Posted by kr0ss31 View Post
    Maybe look at a program on the site like lean body by lee labrada or short cut to size by jim stoppani? it has a straight forward meal plan and workout guide, worked for me when i was trying to set a goal for myself and trying to learn , with quite a bit of videos and information i dident know before. Might help more if you do some research and not get misguided advice from a ton of people. make your life a little easier. Just trying to help. look threw some programs and watch videos on them and read up on some issues you are having, also the site contains tons of articles and calculators. Wait about 2 weeks after adjusting your diet to make more changes, this will give your body enough time to adapt to the new changes and notice results.

Cheers
    Cheers man.
    I have done a lot of reading and research, I've read pages and pages of information to learn things. The website I've been using the most for nutrition and work out information is aworkoutroutine.com. I found it the most straight forward for beginners.
    I'll check out the sites you mentioned, thanks

BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you sound like a teenage girl with an eating disorder.. I would love to know where you read that bf over 15% causes insulin resistance lol

Originally Posted by BrotherWolf View Post
    you sound like a teenage girl with an eating disorder.. I would love to know where you read that bf over 15% causes insulin resistance lol
    Just Google it, hundreds of sites mention it.

yeah ok … SMH

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Burden of proof is on you for providing evidence to back your claim; not saying you are right or wrong, just saying.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khabaal will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Increase your calories to 2500-2600 and lift heavier (or as heavy as possible with correct form). I don't know how strong you are currently, but best results usually come from time under tension coupled with progressive overload. Maybe try a full body workout routine 2-3 times per week, with emphasis on compound movments. 6 months isn't too long to see results of a 200kcal surplus anyway, and if you aren't stimulating the muscles well enough, or your workouts simply aren't intense enough, you won't see much progress either.

There's a possibility you aren't pushing yourself as hard as you think you are, or you're cheating reps with bad form so you aren't breaking down the muscle tissue in a way that's going to cause optimal growth, there's also a chance you're overestimating your calorie consumption. Not sure what your stats are, but assuming you're 5'8" at 145lbs, your TDEE would be about 2300kcal to maintain your weight assuming you are working out 3 days a week. Go at it another few months, if you're worried about form, post videos asking for feedback. Reevaluate your routine and diet if you aren't seeing results and look at everything again under scrutiny. If you aren't seeing or at least feeling any results after half a year training as a beginner, you've made a miscalculation.

2800kcal daily would be a 500kcal surplus, 3500kcal weekly so about a lb a week give or take. At that rate you'd gain about 3-4lbs in a month... how that would increase your body fat by that amount is beyond me. I doubt you'd go from below 15%bf to above 20%bf in a month from a 500kcal surplus. Especially when you take into account that the amount of calories needed to sustain weight is going to change as you gain weight so the trend would slow as you go. Depending on what you were eating, you probably retained water and felt bloated so you got an inaccurate measurement. I've gained 15lbs overnight just from diet choices and water retention, it fluctuates. You measure the trend and remember that a week or two means practically nothing in the grand scheme of things.
    Last edited by Khabaal; 10-11-2014 at 07:15 AM.
    "When a problem comes along, you must whip it." ~Simon Belmont

TGreggors has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TGreggors has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TGreggors has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TGreggors has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TGreggors has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TGreggors has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TGreggors has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TGreggors has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TGreggors has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TGreggors has a spectacular aura about. (+250) TGreggors has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    you're making progress. Real muscle gains will come slowly, but they will come. Just keep doing what you're doing
    Documentation of the full year of training prior to my first bodybuilding contest: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167779831

Current training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171615023

"Training is the actual stimulus while nutrition is only permissive to muscle growth."-Eric Helms

Bodybuild like no one is watching.

Hunger is the best sauce.

connorpat1995 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) connorpat1995 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) connorpat1995 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) connorpat1995 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) connorpat1995 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) connorpat1995 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) connorpat1995 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) connorpat1995 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) connorpat1995 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) connorpat1995 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) connorpat1995 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Forget what % your scale says, it's a gimmick. If you've gained significant strength, you've gained muscle.
    log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165742981

nothing but the basics

Thank you to those who provided helpful replies
    I've had a chat with a trainer who said I should be aiming at a lb a month, not a week, with my bodies way of partitioning calories into fat and muscle so if that's true I'm not too far off where I should be.
    Thank you

Registered User keyboardmonitor's Avatar
    keyboardmonitor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you havent been eating enough and it looks like you lost fat not gained fat.

Thank you to those who provided helpful replies
    I've had a chat with a trainer who said I should be aiming at a lb a month, not a week, with my bodies way of partitioning calories into fat and muscle so if that's true I'm not too far off where I should be.
    Thank you

lol hopefully that was free advice