Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

My brother after the Knock out game

Some of you might remember my story of my brother Hector who was the victim of the stupid ass game "knock out"

Since then my brother has not recovered from it mentally, he is now in a rehabilitation center (its looks like a home to me) in a wheelchair. Hector could walk, but mentally he is all f'cked up and has given up.

These kids do not know the emotional scar they inflict on some people who might not be mentally strong enough to cope with it. When they hit my brother his head hit the floor (they hit him from behind) and he caught a concussion.

I went to visit him and this is Hector now.

Last edited by bodyhard; 10-08-2014 at 09:35 AM.
    On the list for Bannukah

Registered User silverlightning's Avatar
    silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) silverlightning is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    that's sad to see BH. i take no pity in people that inflict pain and suffering on innocent people. hope he gets better.
    The Ageless Wonder Crew: Client, Player, President.

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by silverlightning View Post
    that's sad to see BH. i take no pity in people that inflict pain and suffering on innocent people. hope he gets better.
    He's not man, I spoke to him and he refuses to do anything. He lost his apartment, he is "living" in that place, the feed him 3 times a day, he has a recreational room where he can exercise and rehab, they provide all the necessary living arrangement except freedom. As long as his coverage is paying for it (he is on medicaid/medicare) they will keep him there.
    On the list for Bannukah

deracate chinese frower Mindi912's Avatar
    Location: Space Cadet City, ToughCookieVille, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mindi912 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    Some of you might remember my story of my brother Hector who was the victim of the stupid ass game "knock out"

Since then my brother has not recovered from it mentally, he is now in a rehabilitation center (its looks like a home to me) in a wheelchair. Hector could walk, but mentally he is all f'cked up and has given up.

These kids do not know the emotional scar they inflict on some people who might not be mentally strong enough to cope with it. When they hit my brother his head hit the floor (they hit him from behind) and he caught a concussion.

I went to visit him and this is Hector now.

That's bloody mental BH. Sorry to hear your brother is going through so much.
    Perfection in mind, perfect body!

MMA Fight Record:

Amateur 1 - 0 - 0

Pro - 0 - 0 - 1 :(

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Did he receive brain damage from the hit to the head? Brain damage can cause severe changes in behavior. I hope he recovers.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Phattso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Very sad to see. Glad he has you for support.

Originally Posted by Mindi912 View Post
    That's bloody mental BH. Sorry to hear your brother is going through so much.
    I am upset with him because he is giving up, I will support him no matter what, but he needs to snap out of it.

Originally Posted by Karl_Hungus View Post
    Did he receive brain damage from the hit to the head? Brain damage can cause severe changes in behavior. I hope he recovers.
    As far as I know, no. According to his nurse he could walk if he wanted to and his motor skills should be OK.

Originally Posted by Phattso View Post
    Very sad to see. Glad he has you for support.
    I am there for anyone in my family, I go see him weekly now and I am trying to talk to him to get his confidence back.
    On the list for Bannukah

Progress not Perfection cowboybiker's Avatar
    cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I remember the original thread. Hope and prayers coming his way.
    Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. – Thomas Jefferson

Be yourself; Everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I remember your post on Hector very well. At the time, I hadn't realized how injured he was by this senseless and barbaric act. I'm very saddened to see him this way - he is lucky to have you as a brother. This is one of the few times (and I think I said it then as well) that I would support you in cracking a few heads.

Very sad indeed, but thank you for sharing.
    Peace: Lift Long and Prosper!

Alamagan Dågan - and proud of it!

Lean, mean, geek machine

Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Old-Time-Lifter has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Sorry to hear this John.

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Damn, John.

I remember the thread well. That pic is heartbreaking, man..

Hope he gets well soon. You're a good brother..
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Very sorry about your brother.

But unfortunately these "rehab" places make it easy and most people just wind up giving up as a matter of time. I saw it with my dad.. he gradually stopped reading his paper, watching ball games. He just lived from meal to meal and for whatever perk of the day they had going on.

If you can get him out of there to a real hospital that's his only chance to see if he has something that can be fixed medically. I saw a lot of younger people that were in with my dad, very sad to see that happening to someone.
    In space, nobody can smell Uranus....

sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sakustoms is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    That sucks to see man. That stupid "game" was nothing but senseless violence and anyone who would do that deserves 10x what they gave out in return.

I hope he pulls out of it and returns to his old self. Best wishes.

Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000) Frnkd is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by beachguy498 View Post

But unfortunately these "rehab" places make it easy and most people just wind up giving up as a matter of time. I saw it with my dad.. he gradually stopped reading his paper, watching ball games. He just lived from meal to meal and for whatever perk of the day they had going on.

If you can get him out of there to a real hospital that's his only chance to see if he has something that can be fixed medically. I saw a lot of younger people that were in with my dad, very sad to see that happening to someone.
    good point ^^^^, not to be cynical, but while your brother is in that home, the home is being paid. However, if it is for rehab as some of the care facilities here, there are more push to get these patients out through strict protocols and expectations. Have you seen his care plan or treatment plan? What are the goals, and how often is he involved with activities and therapy. Is there a pet therapy program offered? there has been many studies of pets being great motivators for people who have given up, that basic human need to care for something is stirred and it can lift and build the spirit. PTSD is real and he may be suffering silently.
    If there is no brain damage as you say and there is more psychological effect, what kind of treatment through a psychiatrist is he getting?

Sometime time heals, for the patient and for families.

Take care.
    I'm open to any suggestions and have a difficult time accepting limitations without an honest effort on my part, you can count on that!

"iCan, iWill, iHave"

There are always choices, no bad ones, no good ones, only "great" ones,
    "Oh, great!" :)

Originally Posted by cowboybiker View Post
    I remember the original thread. Hope and prayers coming his way.
    Thanks man,

Originally Posted by DocHoss View Post
    I remember your post on Hector very well. At the time, I hadn't realized how injured he was by this senseless and barbaric act. I'm very saddened to see him this way - he is lucky to have you as a brother. This is one of the few times (and I think I said it then as well) that I would support you in cracking a few heads.

Very sad indeed, but thank you for sharing.
    People that do senseless sh!t like this, don't deserve to live if you ask me. Thanks.

Originally Posted by Old-Time-Lifter View Post
    Sorry to hear this John.
    Thanks man.

Originally Posted by NorwichGrad View Post
    Damn, John.

I remember the thread well. That pic is heartbreaking, man..

Hope he gets well soon. You're a good brother..
    Thanks, I think he could snap out of this if he really wants to, but then again I don't know what is going on in his brain.

Patty an dI are looking into the legality of all this as I know he only gets $70 a month from his SSI check and they keep the rest.

Originally Posted by sakustoms View Post
    That sucks to see man. That stupid "game" was nothing but senseless violence and anyone who would do that deserves 10x what they gave out in return.

I hope he pulls out of it and returns to his old self. Best wishes.
    Thanks man.

Originally Posted by Frnkd View Post
    good point ^^^^, not to be cynical, but while your brother is in that home, the home is being paid. However, if it is for rehab as some of the care facilities here, there are more push to get these patients out through strict protocols and expectations. Have you seen his care plan or treatment plan? What are the goals, and how often is he involved with activities and therapy. Is there a pet therapy program offered? there has been many studies of pets being great motivators for people who have given up, that basic human need to care for something is stirred and it can lift and build the spirit. PTSD is real and he may be suffering silently.
    If there is no brain damage as you say and there is more psychological effect, what kind of treatment through a psychiatrist is he getting?

Sometime time heals, for the patient and for families.

Take care.
    We are looking into all avenues to see what is best for him.
    On the list for Bannukah

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Damn John sorry to read this. I do remember the original thread. Hope he can "snap out of it".
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ Don't care what you do crew.

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Prayers to your family man. That's terrible.
    365 255 480 in April! ...2019
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)

JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thoughts & prayers are with him BH. I hope he snaps out of it.

mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am so sorry to hear that, John. I remember when you posted that. What a sick world.
    Sending prayers your way.
    ** Marie **
    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenge, wish for more wisdom." - Jim Rohn

OV35 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157469793

pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That sucks. I hope they caught the ashole(s). That is a real shame
    I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson

Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Drhunglow has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm sorry to hear. He has to snap out of it. Maybe doing stuff with some grandkids or any kids can help? Just something to remind him there's still life out there that he could miss out on?

beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    My dad first went into this rehab place (a great hook to get people in...) from the hospital where he went after his fall at home. They did extensive PT on him, as best as possible for a guy who is 95, until he was cleared with medicaid and whatever else to make the place his home. Then less PT and more sitting on his ass. They really don't want the guests moving around with their walkers unless they have good wheels still. So the old man wound up in his wheel chair for 95% of his waking hours. He eventually spent his last 4 months belted in with an alarm on.

When my MIL was in a rehab in Florida in 2011, Barbara and I went to see her around 10 in the morning and all we saw was people slumped in their wheel chairs in the hall fast asleep. It turns out that they doled out ****** with the 9 AM medications.. then schedule some for PT... yeah, only in Fla.

NY state grabbed my dad's pension and SS and he got $50 back. His house was turned over as well, but it wasn't worth much. My brother managed to hang onto some of his $$ as they had a joint account. I think he was allowed to have a certain amount in a bank account.

But once you're in a place like that, you become institutionalized and just go with the flow. You get your meals delivered, they wash your clothes, you can watch TV all day and reading material is all over the place.

Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000) Juggertha is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm sorry to hear this about your bro, man. Like you said, for some it may just be a bad punch... but for others, those maybe not a secure in other ways, it can be that shove over the edge.

This picot your bro, man... it says so much. He's not smiling, not looking at the camera, not... much of anything. I hate to say it, but it looks like he's giving up on living.

I wish you and your's all the best in this. Is there anything he was really passionate about before? The ball game? A certain diner? Anything to light him up!!??
    I don't lift weights, I flex under duress.

My 12 month progress thread
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155962953&p=1113020323#post1113020323

Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    That sucks. Hopefully he will get some fight back and not allow punks like that to ruin his life. I will pray for him!

Firm
    "Don't wish it were easier, wish you were better!"

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard. -A. R. Bernard

"The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places."
    Ernest Hemingway - "A Farewell to Arms"

theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My dad first went into this rehab place (a great hook to get people in...) from the hospital where he went after his fall at home. They did extensive PT on him, as best as possible for a guy who is 95, until he was cleared with medicaid and whatever else to make the place his home. Then less PT and more sitting on his ass. They really don't want the guests moving around with their walkers unless they have good wheels still. So the old man wound up in his wheel chair for 95% of his waking hours. He eventually spent his last 4 months belted in with an alarm on.

When my MIL was in a rehab in Florida in 2011, Barbara and I went to see her around 10 in the morning and all we saw was people slumped in their wheel chairs in the hall fast asleep. It turns out that they doled out ****** with the 9 AM medications.. then schedule some for PT... yeah, only in Fla.

NY state grabbed my dad's pension and SS and he got $50 back. His house was turned over as well, but it wasn't worth much. My brother managed to hang onto some of his $$ as they had a joint account. I think he was allowed to have a certain amount in a bank account.

But once you're in a place like that, you become institutionalized and just go with the flow. You get your meals delivered, they wash your clothes, you can watch TV all day and reading material is all over the place.
    This right here is one of the strongest motivators I have to continue to work out. Short of paralysis, I can't think of a worse way to spend one's final days than to wind up in one of these places. I will fight to be self-sufficient until my dying day.

Originally Posted by theKurp View Post
    This right here is one of the strongest motivators I have to continue to work out. Short of paralysis, I can't think of a worse way to spend one's final days than to wind up in one of these places. I will fight to be self-sufficient until my dying day.
    Nursing homes... now they call them skilled nursing centers, rehabs.. whatever, its still the last stop on the train of life. Most people there, I think they really had no money, nobody to look after them. The women out-number the men around 2:1 or better. Most seem to have mobility issues which got them in there, and of course they rarely get any stronger and get out of there. So, you get old and weak, your wheels fall off, guess where you're going to wind up?

My FIL is in an assisted living home and the windbag loves the place, but the people are not doing much better than being in a nursing home. Some requirements are that you have to be able to get dressed, get to the dining hall under your own power and feed yourself. I'd rather be dead than be cooped up in a place like that too.

I've really seen too much of the demise of old and not so old people in the last 10 years, which is also my main motivator to stay strong.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes.

As for that place, to me it is like they don't want him to leave, that was my gut feeling when visiting him.
    On the list for Bannukah

jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Very sad to see this John. No advice, just well wishes.
    pick it up and put it down

Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Oh the poor man! And so heartbreaking for everyone..

Thoughts and prayers for your brother..that he finds something good in life to hold onto and to hope for. To give him the strength to conquer what might seem so impossible.

Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Tmax55 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Disclaimer: I'm about to make an extreme statement, reade discretion advised:

I would support a constituional amendment to allow hunting down and killing bastards who do this kind of ****.

12 years ago some bastard threw a rock off an overpass through the windshield of a car my wife and some friends were driving in. It hit a female friend of mine in the abdomen. She is not able to have children. I don't know if its because of that and I've never asked, but it would not surprise me.

We were following in the car behind and went looking for the bastards. Didn't find them, which was good for them and probably us.

IMO the knockout game is in the same category.
    Its not enough!