Closed Thread
Page 19 of 301 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 119 ... LastLast
    DLM012 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DLM012 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DLM012 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DLM012 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DLM012 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DLM012 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DLM012 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DLM012 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DLM012 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DLM012 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DLM012 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by darkninja67 View Post
    Just got my bike back on the road and looking at temps of 32 tomorrow morning, then rain the rest of the week. About that time to put her away for the winter.

saving the front rotor/pad change, air filter and plugs when spring arrives. Need valves adjusted and a tune up as well. Still want to get some other parts mod wise.
    Still have temps in mid fifties to low sixties. Next week is looking thick, solid, and tight for riding.

Originally Posted by texasaxe View Post
    takes years of constant practice and the right genetics along with total lack of sense and disregard for anything. speaking from experience. SRS on the claims to shame below:

-at worst intake level, age 28 or so, 6:30 pm opened tx 5th (1.75L) whiskey, gone by 9, all me. friends took me downtown. drank several 190 octanes at fat tuesday (everclear), then to polyesthers, drank mutliple jager bombs, redbull vodkas, whiskey sevens. 4 am, buddy and i cruising home, took a 2L purple passion from some girl's hotel and we slammed it on the way home.

-5 spring breaks, drank constantly for every waking hour of all of the week long vacations

-at 29, 10 day bender for work in multiple states, ended up in ER with heart infection

-at 32, 5th of whiskey from aport to lunch in chicago for wedding. axe cam ran out of tape until about midnight standing by cold river soaking wet. broke into 'church' to keep from freezing to death. was plastic surgeon's office, arrested, back at copshop apologized for not knowing my way around CO, had to be reminded i was in IL. yep, didn't know what state i was in, still remember the conversation though. faced 1-3 yrs in state pen, 2 yrs probation and $10K in restitution.

-at 34, two open heart surgeries. had been averaging 2-3 hrs sleep/night. worked, worked at bike shop, partied every night for about 2 yrs and about gave up the ghost

inbr strong life choices. walking example of what not to do in life, hence the book and public speaking to people to avoid my mistakes.
    Surprised you haven't suffered kidney failure by now srs. Glad to hear you're paying it forward and helping others out
    *MFC*
    *KNEE DRAGGERS UNITE*
    *GSD Master Race Crew*
    *Currently Making it Crew*
    *Registered spreadsheet abuser*

texasaxe is a name known to all. (+5000) texasaxe is a name known to all. (+5000) texasaxe is a name known to all. (+5000) texasaxe is a name known to all. (+5000) texasaxe is a name known to all. (+5000) texasaxe is a name known to all. (+5000) texasaxe is a name known to all. (+5000) texasaxe is a name known to all. (+5000) texasaxe is a name known to all. (+5000) texasaxe is a name known to all. (+5000) texasaxe is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DLM012 View Post
    Surprised you haven't suffered kidney failure by now srs. Glad to hear you're paying it forward and helping others out
    surprisingly when i got labwork before heart surgery, cardiologist said my liver and kidney numbers looked great. i stopped her, said, "get the fug outta here, can you repeat that?"

just trying to take lemons and make jet fuel out of them (in the old days jet fuel was vodka or everclear and lemonade, not sure if people even do that nowadays.
    Axe, author of "No Limits - No Regrets"
    record breaker for fastest motorcycle ride across America

darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    hey texasaxe, you are clean and sober right??
    rumpler of stiltskins

"I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid I'll survive and have to watch you suffer" - Thy Art Is Murder

"Life will cease so breathe deep" - Lorna Shore

witblitz550 is a name known to all. (+5000) witblitz550 is a name known to all. (+5000) witblitz550 is a name known to all. (+5000) witblitz550 is a name known to all. (+5000) witblitz550 is a name known to all. (+5000) witblitz550 is a name known to all. (+5000) witblitz550 is a name known to all. (+5000) witblitz550 is a name known to all. (+5000) witblitz550 is a name known to all. (+5000) witblitz550 is a name known to all. (+5000) witblitz550 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    DLM drink water in between. That is how I get through a bottle of moonshine and feel good the next day. Just do not start pissing, because then you just in and out of the bathroom all the time. Creme Soda (Green doctor) also helps. And cheap brandy makes you chit alot the next day.

Occy, do not listen to the ******* (meant Dan_staat) above me, do not go ATM. They age like chit. Yamaha YZ450 (fuel injection). They make good enduro bikes and can keep up with 690s in a drag race.

Two stroke
    Honda CR500
    Yamaha YZ250 2T
    Gas Gas 300
    Beta 300

Multistroke
    KD motul man

texasaxe is a name known to all. (+5000) texasaxe is a name known to all. (+5000) texasaxe is a name known to all. (+5000) texasaxe is a name known to all. (+5000) texasaxe is a name known to all. (+5000) texasaxe is a name known to all. (+5000) texasaxe is a name known to all. (+5000) texasaxe is a name known to all. (+5000) texasaxe is a name known to all. (+5000) texasaxe is a name known to all. (+5000) texasaxe is a name known to all. (+5000)
    hey texasaxe, you are clean and sober right??
    i finally figured out how to moderate after heart surgery. didn't touch it for a year after surgery, not even caffeine, still haven't picked up a salt shaker since then.

i'll have an occassional drink or two, and about once a year i might get together with bad influences and tie one on a little bit, but even last time i did that, was still up and on the chopper out of the hotel by 6:30 am the next day.

still to date never touched a drug in my life though. was only ever booze, knew from that to never try anything else.
    Axe, author of "No Limits - No Regrets"
    record breaker for fastest motorcycle ride across America

LargeWill has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargeWill has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargeWill has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargeWill has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargeWill has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargeWill has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargeWill has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargeWill has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargeWill has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargeWill has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargeWill has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Tfw when so drunk you don't know what state you're in. I feel you axe, I feel you.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend, just spent about 3 hours at a car dealership to walk out. Hate dealing with those scumbags

Ran over a grapefruit sized nut today on my ride with Pyrosive. Had horrible headshake and thought I was gonna lose it. Luckily the bike took care of herself and stayed up. Was pretty scary though, definitely puckered up a bit
    ***Knee Draggers Unite***
    2003 CBR600 F4i
    h4te crew. (yes stylin on you)
    u mad?

Registered Ex Offender Dan_Staat's Avatar
    Dan_Staat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan_Staat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan_Staat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan_Staat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan_Staat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan_Staat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan_Staat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan_Staat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan_Staat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan_Staat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan_Staat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by witblitz550 View Post
    DLM drink water in between. That is how I get through a bottle of moonshine and feel good the next day. Just do not start pissing, because then you just in and out of the bathroom all the time. Creme Soda (Green doctor) also helps. And cheap brandy makes you chit alot the next day.

Occy, do not listen to the ******* (meant Dan_staat) above me, do not go ATM. They age like chit. Yamaha YZ450 (fuel injection). They make good enduro bikes and can keep up with 690s in a drag race.

Two stroke
    Honda CR500
    Yamaha YZ250 2T
    Gas Gas 300
    Beta 300

Multistroke
    KD motul man

You cant even put a YZ450 in the same class as a KTM 690. The power is similar, but a YZ isnt an enduro bike by any standard. Have fun with the rebuilds. A YZ is a full blooded race bike, hed be better off with a WR, which he said he didnt like.

Ive had plenty of bikes across the range, and none did as well as my KTMs and my GasGas.
    Everyone can talk chit on the internet until they encounter a 6'7 framed Dorian Yates barndoor boeing747 turtle back freak of nature who drives over 200+ on the autobahn

Dan_Staat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan_Staat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan_Staat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan_Staat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan_Staat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan_Staat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan_Staat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan_Staat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan_Staat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan_Staat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dan_Staat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Realized ive never taken many pics of my rides, but the trees are getting pretty. So I pulled over and tried out my phone camera..

Everyone can talk chit on the internet until they encounter a 6'7 framed Dorian Yates barndoor boeing747 turtle back freak of nature who drives over 200+ on the autobahn

pyrosive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pyrosive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pyrosive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pyrosive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pyrosive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pyrosive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pyrosive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pyrosive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pyrosive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pyrosive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pyrosive is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by LargeWill View Post
    Tfw when so drunk you don't know what state you're in. I feel you axe, I feel you.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend, just spent about 3 hours at a car dealership to walk out. Hate dealing with those scumbags

Ran over a grapefruit sized nut today on my ride with Pyrosive. Had horrible headshake and thought I was gonna lose it. Luckily the bike took care of herself and stayed up. Was pretty scary though, definitely puckered up a bit
    Other than that, it was a good ride today alberit a bit cold (45 fuark).

My dad and I switched on the way back. I rode his 2003 Harley Road King. Holy **** it was so different. Couple things I noticed (many of them are obvious):

Brakes are much weaker. Definitely had to increase my stopping distance. They still grab, just not as hard plus the bike is a bit heavier

The zx6r will run 85 in first gear (confirmed today, hit the rev limited in 1st). I hit the rev limiter around 35-40 on the road king

The low center of gravity actually made it very easy to take through corners. You don't have to lean as much to get it to turn.

THE MIRRORS...you can actually see out of them without having to move your body/head

Torque for days, everyone knows that.

Incredibly comfortable. Makes sense, it is a touring bike. Definitely not built for speed. That said, it is still probably faster than most cars on the road now from an acceleration standpoint.

Overall, it is just a much more forgiving machine. Very comfy, brakes aren't going to send you over the handlebars if you mess up, etc. These are all obvious things that I knew beforehand, but were interesting to experience first hand.

Not gonna lie, I kinda want a bike like that. Victory vegas 8 ball?
    *Knee Draggers Unite* - 2008 Kawasaki ZX6R

Misc. OTO-HNS consult Dr. Horse's Avatar
    Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CherryPopinski View Post

I'm honestly giving the whole hearing protection thing a honest chance but, I can't seem to get my helmet on either with foam or the moldable ones. I get a good seal but no matter how careful I am the seal always breaks and once my helmet's on I can't adjust them properly again. Srs rustling me jimmies guys I can't take it. I wanna ride with em but it's a PIA to get em on perfectly under the helmet.
    You're not getting the foamies in deep enough. Not near enough. There shouldn't be any interference between helmet and foam plugs. Roll them up tight and slide em in deep. If still not working try a different brand. Don't give up on it; hearing loss is real and it sucks. It's very common among bikers, and totally preventable. Source: I'm an ear doctor.
    No sir, I don't like it.

liquorisquicker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquorisquicker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquorisquicker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquorisquicker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquorisquicker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquorisquicker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquorisquicker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquorisquicker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquorisquicker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquorisquicker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquorisquicker is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Went out for a beautiful sunday ride. Fingers are still numb, so this isn't easy to type. Was about 10 out (50F), but sunny.

I'd promised myself no wheelies since I got my duc, and was mostly successful in that regard for the first few months of ownership. Given that today was one of my last days, I let myself go a little. What a blaaaaast. I had never before used the clutch to control height after the initial release, so i got to work on that a bit. most of the time i ended up pulling in too much, but i made some awesome progression in little time.

I pretty much always start around 4000RPM in first and just ride to redline, but it used to be closer to full-throttle acceleration with the wheel barely off the ground. Today I was poppin beautiful wheelies, still just in first gear, but much closer to the constant speed balance point.

Whatchu guys know about 1-piece vs. 2-piece suits? My 696 is not exactly track-worthy, but I figure I can afford to get leathers next season and take the monster out once or twice anyway just for chits and giggles. When I can afford it, maybe i'll pick up a track bike to add to the stable, or just replace my monster with something that can do street and track well. I guess the one pieces are better for when you actually go down, but if I get the jacket and pants separately, then I can wear the leather jacket on the street when it's not too hot, and that will protect me better than my textile jacket.
    | MISC KNEEDRAGGER |

Platinum Access Member WeDoPullups's Avatar
    WeDoPullups has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeDoPullups has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeDoPullups has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeDoPullups has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeDoPullups has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeDoPullups has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeDoPullups has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeDoPullups has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeDoPullups has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeDoPullups has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WeDoPullups has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm regretting not buying a new tire now....Weather has been unexpectedly perfect up here...60's and 70's with no rain at all.

Fuk man....
    *No bulge because micropenis crew*
    *Admire other men's bulges because micropenis crew*
    *Piss on balls every time because micropenis crew*
    *Doctor laughs during checkups because micropenis crew*
    *"Is it in yet?" because micropenis crew*
    *Smallest micropenis in micropenis support group crew*

LargeWill has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargeWill has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargeWill has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargeWill has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargeWill has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargeWill has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargeWill has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargeWill has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargeWill has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargeWill has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LargeWill has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hope everyone has their halloween costumes ready. Huge bar crawl in DC this weekend, gonna be rocking this.

***Knee Draggers Unite***
    2003 CBR600 F4i
    h4te crew. (yes stylin on you)
    u mad?

NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000) NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000) NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000) NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000) NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000) NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000) NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000) NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000) NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000) NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000) NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000)
    Can't hold out any longer, going to have to break down and order new tires.

Was about to order Pilot Road 4, but saw a lot of good reviews for the older and cheaper Dunlop Roadsmart 2.

Anyone ever try the roadsmart 2?
    Will probably just go with the pilot road 4, just looking to save a few bucks. I really just commute now, no track and no time for canyons.
    *Knee Draggers Crew*

occy27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) occy27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) occy27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) occy27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) occy27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) occy27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) occy27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) occy27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) occy27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) occy27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) occy27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by NZDarren View Post
    Can't hold out any longer, going to have to break down and order new tires.

Was about to order Pilot Road 4, but saw a lot of good reviews for the older and cheaper Dunlop Roadsmart 2.

Anyone ever try the roadsmart 2?
    Will probably just go with the pilot road 4, just looking to save a few bucks. I really just commute now, no track and no time for canyons.

Angel GTs seem good for commuting

NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000) NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000) NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000) NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000) NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000) NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000) NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000) NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000) NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000) NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000) NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by occy27 View Post
    Angel GTs seem good for commuting
    Yeah thanks, been checking them out, might go with a set.
    *Knee Draggers Crew*

liquorisquicker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquorisquicker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquorisquicker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquorisquicker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquorisquicker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquorisquicker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquorisquicker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquorisquicker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquorisquicker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquorisquicker is a jewel in the rough. (+500) liquorisquicker is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by NZDarren View Post
    Yeah thanks, been checking them out, might go with a set.
    darren, i'm your man. i have angel GTs now, and had the pilots beforehand.

angel GTs have been pretty great to me. 8000-9000km and they're starting to reach the end of their lives, which is totally reasonable. i do commute on my bike, but i hit the corners pretty hard too. grip is totally sufficient for street use. can't speak to how long the michelins last because that bike got totaled and the tires went with it.

the biggest difference i've noticed is the time it takes to warm up. i remember 4 or 5 instances last summer on my michelins where i almost busted my ass making turns at 20km/h on cold tires. this summer (on the pirellis) has been much colder overall. maybe i've just smartened up a little, but i've got to think it's the tires at least a little bit.
    | MISC KNEEDRAGGER |

OlyBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OlyBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OlyBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OlyBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OlyBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OlyBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OlyBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OlyBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OlyBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OlyBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OlyBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Apparently us Australian's are great at reviewing things too.

iDontDoWheelies has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iDontDoWheelies has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iDontDoWheelies has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iDontDoWheelies has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iDontDoWheelies has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iDontDoWheelies has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iDontDoWheelies has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iDontDoWheelies has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iDontDoWheelies has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iDontDoWheelies has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iDontDoWheelies has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I went through 2 fronts and 3 rears on roadsmart 2s. Great tires. I cant remember for sure but i think i got 7k miles out of fronts and about 4k on rears. On a 600

Never used pilot roads

occy27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) occy27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) occy27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) occy27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) occy27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) occy27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) occy27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) occy27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) occy27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) occy27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) occy27 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If anyone has any interest in a new Panigale fender elim + indicators or a Hypermotard Screen + mounting bracket, let me know and I'll give you a good deal.

OlyBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OlyBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OlyBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OlyBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OlyBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OlyBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OlyBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OlyBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OlyBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OlyBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) OlyBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Post it on ASB. Plenty of Duke owners there

Originally Posted by OlyBrah View Post
    Post it on ASB. Plenty of Duke owners there
    I did, cheers mate.

These jimmies are eternal Great_Story_Bro's Avatar
    Great_Story_Bro is a name known to all. (+5000) Great_Story_Bro is a name known to all. (+5000) Great_Story_Bro is a name known to all. (+5000) Great_Story_Bro is a name known to all. (+5000) Great_Story_Bro is a name known to all. (+5000) Great_Story_Bro is a name known to all. (+5000) Great_Story_Bro is a name known to all. (+5000) Great_Story_Bro is a name known to all. (+5000) Great_Story_Bro is a name known to all. (+5000) Great_Story_Bro is a name known to all. (+5000) Great_Story_Bro is a name known to all. (+5000)
    40° this morning, ffuuuaarrrrkkkkk. No motorbike for me. stevecarrellnogodno.gif
    2015 KTM Super Duke R ABS || 2014 KTM 300XC-W || 2006 ZX6R || 2020 CRF125F || 2016 Rancher 420 || 2017 Z125

Originally Posted by Great_Story_Bro View Post
    40° this morning, ffuuuaarrrrkkkkk. No motorbike for me. stevecarrellnogodno.gif
    38 outside right now for me, I'm about to get off work and head home on the bike.

Why you no ride?
    *Knee Draggers Crew*

darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) darkninja67 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Went to ride in today. Started the bike. Let her run.
    Noticed plate light out. Shut her down and would not fire up again. Same sounds from ignition again.
    The plate light is aftermarket. I had to cut the wires. Thinking something is shorting or grounding out? Possible? What are symptoms of bad rectifier? Think some models of the 6R had issues there.

Morning people.
    rumpler of stiltskins

"I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid I'll survive and have to watch you suffer" - Thy Art Is Murder

BEARDofNORRIS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BEARDofNORRIS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BEARDofNORRIS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BEARDofNORRIS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BEARDofNORRIS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BEARDofNORRIS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BEARDofNORRIS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BEARDofNORRIS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BEARDofNORRIS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BEARDofNORRIS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BEARDofNORRIS is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Noticed plate light out. Shut her down and would not fire up again. Same sounds from ignition again.
    The plate light is aftermarket. I had to cut the wires. Thinking something is shorting or grounding out? Possible? What are symptoms of bad rectifier? Think some models of the 6R had issues there.

Morning people.
    Not worth the hassle. Just buy a new bike.

Edit: Oh, wait - I've got a better response....

Rectifier? Damn near killed her!

But seriously - is the battery dead? Any fuses blown?
    Last edited by BEARDofNORRIS; 10-20-2014 at 05:02 AM.
    ***Farkle Draggers Unite***

Grammar Help:
    -they're/their/there: The sloots are not nearby. They're shaking their asses over there.
    -you're/your: You are not a unique snowflake. You're not your f*cking kahkis.
    -should've/should have/should of: Unless you are a ritard, you should have realized by now that "should've" is a contraction of "should" and "have."

Morning people.
    You could check the resistance (ohms) of the wires to see if you're grounded, but I doubt it'll be a ground problem. If anything I'd be looking for power AT the light. If it doesn't read voltage there, your problem traces back.

Not sure how a rectifier works so I can't speak on that.

Battery is brand new and charged. Going to run a multimeter on it when static and running.
    Axe, what values am I shooting for in each case?

I might just bring it to dealer. I do have a warranty on it
    rumpler of stiltskins

Battery is brand new and charged. Going to run a multimeter on it when static and running.
    Axe, what values am I shooting for in each case?

I might just bring it to dealer. I do have a warranty on it
    less than infinity is a good start

Originally Posted by occy27 View Post
    less than infinity is a good start
    did your bike have rectifier issues? I know they go from heat and vibration. My bike definitely gets heat soak.
    rumpler of stiltskins

Closed Thread
Page 19 of 301 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 119 ... LastLast