MatR95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Supplements for belly fat burning and muscle growth?

Hi,

im new to all this supplement bollocks so have no idea where to start. I heard they can loose fat and also give muscle better growth rates??

if so what are best and when to take them?

normally i take just protein shakes 2-3 a day on days working out. Usually train 3 times a week but gains are verrryyy slow as expected obviously but since i stopped for 2 weeks the muscles seem to have came through more idk why.

anyhow what supplements are best for fat loss/lean and building muscle mass??

jbeuhdoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jbeuhdoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jbeuhdoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jbeuhdoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jbeuhdoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jbeuhdoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jbeuhdoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jbeuhdoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jbeuhdoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jbeuhdoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jbeuhdoe is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by MatR95 View Post
    Hi,

im new to all this supplement bollocks so have no idea where to start. I heard they can loose fat and also give muscle better growth rates??

normally i take just protein shakes 2-3 a day on days working out. Usually train 3 times a week but gains are verrryyy slow as expected obviously but since i stopped for 2 weeks the muscles seem to have came through more idk why.

Supplements won't "lose fat" or "give muscle better growth rates," my friend. You'll want to increase your training frequency and get your diet in check. I'd suggest heading over to the nutrition section and checking out the stickies. Best of luck

Originally Posted by jbeuhdoe View Post
    Supplements won't "lose fat" or "give muscle better growth rates," my friend. You'll want to increase your training frequency and get your diet in check. I'd suggest heading over to the nutrition section and checking out the stickies. Best of luck
    My diet is pretty good.

what do supplements like BCAA, thermogenic, testorone boosters and creatine monohydrate do then???

anonymous
    My diet is pretty good.

what do supplements like BCAA, thermogenic, testorone boosters and creatine monohydrate do then???
    Lighten your wallet

ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000) ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000) ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000) ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000) ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000) ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000) ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000) ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000) ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000) ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000) ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000)
    My diet is pretty good.

Supplement a good diet or give a slightly edge (a little push on the right direction)

However no supplement can supplement a bad diet.

Losing fat comes from a caloric deficit and gaining muscles comes from a caloric surplus, so it's not possible to do both at the same time.

Go to Nutrition section, read the stickies, calculate TDEE and macros, choose a goal and report back if you have any doubts

llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Hi,

Fat loss supplements mostly provide an energy boost with some appetite suppression. A user still needs to be in a calorie deficit. Most people can't lose fat and gain muscle at the same time naturally unless they are obese and/or new to training. If you don't fall into either of these, pick one goal and we can better help you out.

These two sections are good to look at:
    Nutrition
    Workout Routines

RHK89 is just really nice. (+1000) RHK89 is just really nice. (+1000) RHK89 is just really nice. (+1000) RHK89 is just really nice. (+1000) RHK89 is just really nice. (+1000) RHK89 is just really nice. (+1000) RHK89 is just really nice. (+1000) RHK89 is just really nice. (+1000) RHK89 is just really nice. (+1000) RHK89 is just really nice. (+1000) RHK89 is just really nice. (+1000)
    focus on a sound diet and nutrition. For losing weight, try and find your maintenance caloric intake and macronutrients and then slowly drop those calories. For bulking increase from your maintenance. Slightly increase calories so you don't gain fat too quickly.
    Myprotein's Official Bodybuilding.com Representative
    Europe's #1 Online Sports Nutrition Brand
    US Site: us.myprotein.com
    Rest of the world: myprotein.com

Fuel Your Ambition!

Shunn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shunn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shunn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shunn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shunn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shunn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shunn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shunn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shunn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shunn is on a distinguished road. (+10) Shunn is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ecominetti View Post
    Supplement a good diet or give a slightly edge (a little push on the right direction)

Losing fat comes from a caloric deficit and gaining muscles comes from a caloric surplus, so it's not possible to do both at the same time.

Go to Nutrition section, read the stickies, calculate TDEE and macros, choose a goal and report back if you have any doubts

You are wrong.. Yes you can Cut and Bulk at the same time

That kid who WILL make it BroWhoLifts150's Avatar
    BroWhoLifts150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BroWhoLifts150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BroWhoLifts150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BroWhoLifts150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BroWhoLifts150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BroWhoLifts150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BroWhoLifts150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BroWhoLifts150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BroWhoLifts150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BroWhoLifts150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BroWhoLifts150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by mysterylifter View Post
    Lighten your wallet
    This. So much this. Repped
    Train insane or remain the same

"Nothing easy ever led to something great" -Me

JimmyHardBoobs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JimmyHardBoobs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JimmyHardBoobs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JimmyHardBoobs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JimmyHardBoobs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JimmyHardBoobs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JimmyHardBoobs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JimmyHardBoobs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JimmyHardBoobs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JimmyHardBoobs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JimmyHardBoobs has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Shunn View Post
    Only during the first year of training (newbgains) after that you need to be in a calorie surplus to gain decent growth.

ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000) ktothewire is a name known to all. (+5000)
    tell me more...
    USMC.
    "If there’s no enemy within, the enemy outside can do us no harm."

iamjeffrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamjeffrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamjeffrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamjeffrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamjeffrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamjeffrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamjeffrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamjeffrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamjeffrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamjeffrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iamjeffrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Oh, is that so...lol
    iAmJeffReY - SC2
    GzaTheGeniuS - hearthstone
    Training

Originally Posted by ecominetti View Post

Then wouldn't it be wise to cut first???

kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Focus on your diet.
    No supplement will give you abs.

Determine your maintenance calories (IIFYM.com)
    Determine your macros
    If you want to gain muscle then create a calorie surplus (Slowly add calories over time)and progress on your lifts on every workout. Try adding more weight, do more sets or reps, shorten your pauses between sets.
    If you want to lose weight then create a calorie deficit (Slowly reduce calories over time).

I recommend you reading those 2 articles

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...ts-part-1.html
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat...ts-part-2.html
    Myprotein's Official Bodybuilding.com Representative
    Europe's #1 Online Sports Nutrition Brand
    US Site: us.myprotein.com
    Rest of the world: myprotein.com

Fuel Your Ambition!

ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000) ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000) ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000) ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000) ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000) ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000) ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000) ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000) ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000) ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000) ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000)
    Then wouldn't it be wise to cut first???
    For an obese/overweight individual, yes.

For a skinny guy, no.

Depends a lot on the body you have right now and where you want to go

It's pronounced gif eatyourspinach's Avatar
    eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ktothewire View Post
    tell me more...
    Originally Posted by iamjeffrey View Post
    Oh, is that so...lol
    Maybe he is referring to body recomposition.
    My secret? Texting between sets.

Team SAN Enthusiast! dragonalex's Avatar
    dragonalex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dragonalex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dragonalex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dragonalex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dragonalex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dragonalex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dragonalex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dragonalex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dragonalex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dragonalex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dragonalex is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by eatyourspinach View Post
    or he says this because OP is relatively new, so he would gain muscle either way, while losing bodyfat.
    Unless he's referring to 'celltech'
    ::Current Goods::
    White Rapids & Mucuna Pruiens
    MyProtein Impact Whey
    Ergochain

Nyrin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nyrin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nyrin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nyrin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nyrin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nyrin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nyrin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nyrin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nyrin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nyrin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nyrin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    OP, your answer lies in nutrition, not supplementation. You've said your diet is "pretty good" -- that's a blazing red flag. For weight gain or loss, what you eat (or how "clean" you eat, whatever the hell that means) plays very little part in the process--it's how much you eat, as measured by calories, that determines everything.

If you want to gain muscle mass -- eat more calories than you use, ideally in the 300-700 calories more range, as fewer stifles growth and more adds unnecessary fat.

If you want to lose fat mass -- eat fewer calories than you use, ideally starting at the 300-700 calories fewer range, as fewer won't produce results and more will reduce compliance.

As a novice trainee, you may find that moderate surpluses still result in some fat loss while moderate deficits still result in some muscle gain -- enjoy that while you have it!
    [Log] Prime Nutrition Stack: bbcom.me/1Acr9Pt
    [Log] iForce's MaxOut: bbcom.me/1rkIzuD
    [Log] Ergogenix's ErgoBlast: bbcom.me/1rauhby
    [Log] Team GAT's Adenoflex : bbcom.me/SVvSGf
    [Log] iSatori's Eat Smart Shakes : bbcom.me/1qg0Fdb
    [Review] Beast Lineup: bbcom.me/1oftt7r
    [Review] Vega's New Bars: bbcom.me/1quvixC

powerlifting and stuff Big.Jazayrli's Avatar
    Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Big.Jazayrli has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by eatyourspinach View Post
    Incredibly difficult for non-total newbs anyway..

It'll be quicker and more effective to focus on one and then the other.
    Picking things up and putting them down since '09