Registered User McMacPattyWhack's Avatar
    McMacPattyWhack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McMacPattyWhack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McMacPattyWhack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Facilities in Thailand

Hey everyone.

I will be heading to Thailand in a few months for an extended length of time. I'll be in the Nongkhaem District of Bangkok. I've been searching for a gym to workout in but haven't had much luck.

Anybody live/stayed within this area that could help me out?

Registered User McMacPattyWhack's Avatar
    McMacPattyWhack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McMacPattyWhack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) McMacPattyWhack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by McMacPattyWhack View Post
    Hey everyone.

I will be heading to Thailand in a few months for an extended length of time. I'll be in the Nongkhaem District of Bangkok. I've been searching for a gym to workout in but haven't had much luck.

Anybody live/stayed within this area that could help me out?
    Self bump

reconbyfire will become famous soon enough. (+50) reconbyfire will become famous soon enough. (+50) reconbyfire will become famous soon enough. (+50) reconbyfire will become famous soon enough. (+50) reconbyfire will become famous soon enough. (+50) reconbyfire will become famous soon enough. (+50) reconbyfire will become famous soon enough. (+50) reconbyfire will become famous soon enough. (+50) reconbyfire will become famous soon enough. (+50) reconbyfire will become famous soon enough. (+50) reconbyfire will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by McMacPattyWhack View Post
    Self bump
    I cant answer your question with a definitive answer since I live on the opposite side of the city so my gyms are not relevant. However, I hope this helps a little.....

Check out Steves videos for Gyms in Thailand. Doesnt cover all gyms or the hotel cliquish types but its a good watch and much appreciated. Best reviews you can find plus he shows you the gyms personally. He even shows you on the map where they all are. youtube.com/user/VigorousSteve

Like many do here.....they use the gym at their condo or find one on the way to work or school. These are all mostly located along the BTS/skytrain route. In hotels, the larger business building, etc. Example: My wife works in a business tower and has free access to a killer gym there.

BKK has crossfit too, which is at Asoke BTS for one and I believe 2 other places in BKK.

I use 2 gyms. One gym at SuanLuang RAMA9 Park. 10 baht to get in park. I like it because its outside, cheap, and it has serious guys lifting. Plus people do Tai Chi, walk, relax, and the park is nice. Moreover, I can ride my bicycle to it and get a little easy cardio. The Sceond at my condo which has a olympic length pool.
    Lumpini Park..closer to your stay...has something similar in regards to outdoor hardcore no bull****. Never been but thats what i was told.

If it was closer to me I would choose Power Zone Gym which I believe is between the city center and where you are staying.
    Taken from a gym review: Power Zone is owned by Khun Sitthi Charoenrith, 5 time Mr. Thailand, 2 time IFBB World Champion, 2 time Mr. Asia, and twice runner-up in the Mr. Universe. This is a hard-core gym with plenty of BB competitors. Many of the guys here have won their division in the Mr Asia contests

BEst of luck...if I hear of or see something I will repost here