Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by nutsy54 View Post
    So... It's OK for him to lie and endanger countless others, because eventually the U.S. medical community figured out he had a deadly disease?

What the hell are you even arguing or promoting in this thread?
    I've never stated it's Ok.

You're the one stating the USA has FAILED in this case and that our healthcare system is not awesome (in your sarcastic post above).

Where would you rather be? If it's such a failure and our medical system is not awesome, where would you go? You bash this country and its systems every day; where would you rather be? If I had Ebola, I would want to be in the USA receiving care, apparently you would not, you think our medical/cdc is a failure and not awesome.

Where would you rather be? I want to be here.
    Last edited by metroins; 10-02-2014 at 06:55 PM.
    Life is easy when you take personal responsibility
    MMMC - Assistant to the Assistant of the Secretary of Assistance

I don't do limits.

RoboBob is a name known to all. (+5000) RoboBob is a name known to all. (+5000) RoboBob is a name known to all. (+5000) RoboBob is a name known to all. (+5000) RoboBob is a name known to all. (+5000) RoboBob is a name known to all. (+5000) RoboBob is a name known to all. (+5000) RoboBob is a name known to all. (+5000) RoboBob is a name known to all. (+5000) RoboBob is a name known to all. (+5000) RoboBob is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by metroins View Post
    What are you talking about?

I asked you where you would rather be if you were diagnosed with Ebola? He was diagnosed on Sunday.

You bash our country every day, well if you had Ebola, where would you want to be?

He didn't have symptoms before coming to the USA; his temperature was 97.3; but he did lie on his form. I will fully admit that if I were from another country and diagnosed with a critical illness, I would travel to the USA for care. I'd wear PPE and try to not spread it, but I'm not going to die in some African hospital.
    The fuking guy was carrying around a god damn Ebola patient and he lied on whatever form that asked him specifically about having contact with Ebola patients. You think this chit head is some innocent bastard? If someone is actually as stupid as this muthfuker, than they should be put down.

I'm just having a hard time following your logic here:
    - lie on a form is a really bad thing to do
    - exposing an entire country Ebola is ok if it can possibly benefit you as an individual

One Of Our Top Posters! ScubaStevo's Avatar
    ScubaStevo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScubaStevo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScubaStevo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScubaStevo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScubaStevo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScubaStevo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScubaStevo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScubaStevo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScubaStevo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScubaStevo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScubaStevo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey met your beta bleeding heart bs isnt going to work this time
    ░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░▄███░░███▄░░░░░
    ░░░▄█████▄▄█████▄░░░
    ░░░██████░░██████░░░
    ░░█░█▀░░▀██▀░░▀█░█░░
    ░░█░█░░██░░██░░█░█░░
    ░░░▀█░░▄▄▄▄▄▄░░█▀░░░
    ░░░░░▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▀░░░░░

---------MAGA MAN---------

Threatening Democracy gachase21's Avatar
    gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

I don't know that the CDC has incompetent leadership; this is my first time I've seen them act.

Here's the guy:
    http://www.cdc.gov/about/leadership/director.htm

I do not know anything about him.
    I don't either, but I know what I've seen so far is Katrina remenicent incompetence

TexasMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TexasMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TexasMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TexasMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TexasMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TexasMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TexasMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TexasMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TexasMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TexasMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TexasMajor is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You bash this country every day; where would you rather be?
    I rather be some place where THERE IS NO EBOLA, maybe?

Our government fcked up....again. This could be a royal fck up, too.

RoboBob is a name known to all. (+5000) RoboBob is a name known to all. (+5000) RoboBob is a name known to all. (+5000) RoboBob is a name known to all. (+5000) RoboBob is a name known to all. (+5000) RoboBob is a name known to all. (+5000) RoboBob is a name known to all. (+5000) RoboBob is a name known to all. (+5000) RoboBob is a name known to all. (+5000) RoboBob is a name known to all. (+5000) RoboBob is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've never stated it's Ok.

You're the one stating the USA has FAILED in this case and that our healthcare system is not awesome (in your sarcastic post above).

Where would you rather be? If it's such a failure and our medical system is not awesome, where would you go? You bash this country and its systems every day; where would you rather be?

If I had Ebola, I would want to be in the USA receiving care.
    I get what you're saying, but it's BS question because it doesn't mean anything. At least in Liberia they would have said, "dat bitch got Ebola"; however, the US doctors you are applauding sent a guy home with some penicillin after he pretty much said, "I have Ebola"

You are trying to let the ends justify the means, and that's a selfish fuking way to be. Obviously, everyone would rather be treated in the US, but that doesn't excuse this dik heads actions. It's unacceptable as a human being to do what this fuk did, and zero justification exists.

metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) metroins has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by RoboBob View Post
    The fuking guy was carrying around a god damn Ebola patient and he lied on whatever form that asked him specifically about having contact with Ebola patients. You think this chit head is some innocent bastard? If someone is actually as stupid as this muthfuker, than they should be put down.

I'm just having a hard time following your logic here:
    - lie on a form is a really bad thing to do
    - exposing an entire country Ebola is ok if it can possibly benefit you as an individual
    I never said exposing a country to Ebola is ok. I stated that if I were him, I would go to the USA to save my life, because in Africa people are dying and I don't want to die of Ebola.

I never said it was ok, I don't condone it, I'm stating if it were my life that is what I would do.

Originally Posted by gachase21 View Post
    I don't either, but I know what I've seen so far is Katrina remenicent incompetence
    We're about 3 days in since the CDC found out. His brother called the CDC on Sunday, they sent him to Texas Dept. of Health; I assume Sunday night/Monday the CDC got involved. The family was quarantined on Sunday Monday or Tuesday (I'm not sure) and on Thursday the family was being moved.

Originally Posted by TexasMajor View Post
    I rather be some place where THERE IS NO EBOLA, maybe?

Our government fcked up....again. This could be a royal fck up, too.
    Our government has ****ed up by still allowing travel from those areas; the Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital misdiagnosed him on Thursday.

Originally Posted by RoboBob View Post
    I get what you're saying, but it's BS question because it doesn't mean anything. At least in Liberia they would have said, "dat bitch got Ebola"; however, the US doctors you are applauding sent a guy home with some penicillin after he pretty much said, "I have Ebola"
    I haven't applauded them; they misdiagnosed the guy on Thursday.

I'm stating that bashing the entire medical system of the USA is unwarranted from a misdiagnosis on Thursday.
    Life is easy when you take personal responsibility
    MMMC - Assistant to the Assistant of the Secretary of Assistance

I don't do limits.

Week5 is not very well liked. (-100) Week5 is not very well liked. (-100) Week5 is not very well liked. (-100) Week5 is not very well liked. (-100) Week5 is not very well liked. (-100) Week5 is not very well liked. (-100) Week5 is not very well liked. (-100) Week5 is not very well liked. (-100) Week5 is not very well liked. (-100) Week5 is not very well liked. (-100) Week5 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Diversity! this what you "Social" liberal / fiscally conservatives get!

ScubaStevo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScubaStevo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScubaStevo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScubaStevo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScubaStevo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScubaStevo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScubaStevo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScubaStevo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScubaStevo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScubaStevo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ScubaStevo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just read cleanup crew delayed. Dallas county health officials enter apartment without protective gear

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/03/us...acts.html?_r=0
    ░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░▄███░░███▄░░░░░
    ░░░▄█████▄▄█████▄░░░
    ░░░██████░░██████░░░
    ░░█░█▀░░▀██▀░░▀█░█░░
    ░░█░█░░██░░██░░█░█░░
    ░░░▀█░░▄▄▄▄▄▄░░█▀░░░
    ░░░░░▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▀░░░░░

gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gachase21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nothing lack or preparedness, bureaucracy, and red tape to slow things down. Seems like something the cdc should have an immediate reactionary force to deal with

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/03/health...epage-t&page=1

(CNN) - Four days after a Liberian man was diagnosed with Ebola in Dallas, the apartment where he stayed has not been sanitized, a cleaning crew contracted to do the job said. Four other people are still living there.
    His partner and her family are in isolation at the apartment, which still has the soiled sheets, clothes and towels Duncan used.
    Before leaving his homeland, Duncan answered no to questions on whether he was exposed to the deadly virus, said Binyah Kesselly, board chairman of the Liberia Airport Authority.

Duncan had been helping Ebola patients, including caring for one at a residence outside the capital of Monrovia, Liberian community leader Tugbeh Chieh Tugbeh said.

Cleanup delayed

As concerns grow over how many people he may have exposed to the deadly virus, a plan to sanitize the apartment was delayed late Thursday.

Brad Smith of the Cleaning Guys, the company hired to sanitize the apartment, said they do not have the proper permits to transport hazardous waste on Texas highways. The company specializes in hazmat and biohazard cleaning services.

Smith said authorities sent them away late Thursday before they entered the apartment and told them to come back with proper permits. It's unclear how long that will take.
    They've been holed up in the apartment since Duncan became ill.

Metal Destroyer MasterpieceMesias's Avatar
    MasterpieceMesias is just really nice. (+1000) MasterpieceMesias is just really nice. (+1000) MasterpieceMesias is just really nice. (+1000) MasterpieceMesias is just really nice. (+1000) MasterpieceMesias is just really nice. (+1000) MasterpieceMesias is just really nice. (+1000) MasterpieceMesias is just really nice. (+1000) MasterpieceMesias is just really nice. (+1000) MasterpieceMesias is just really nice. (+1000) MasterpieceMesias is just really nice. (+1000) MasterpieceMesias is just really nice. (+1000)

pretty scary tbh if this guy is indeed correct
    \m/

לוויתן

أسود معدني المحارب

If Rick perry has a Decon unit in his national guard he should call them up to deal with this. This should have been done within 4 hours of his diagnoses(and only that long because of transport time for immediate reaction team and equipment)

http://rdl.train.army.mil/catalog-ws...02.7/chap3.htm

Call in the military to deal with the logistics and decontamination side of this until the cdc can reach competency

sense of urgency

Put a real leader in charge to coordinate the multiple agencies in this -cdc, fbi, law enforcement, faa, tsa, etc

Nothing lack or preparedness, bureaucracy, and red tape to slow things down. Seems like something the cdc should have an immediate reactionary force to deal with

[url]http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/03/health/ebola-us/index.html?c=homepage-t&age=1[url]
    Seriously, what is going on here?
    ░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░
    ░░░░░▄███░░███▄░░░░░
    ░░░▄█████▄▄█████▄░░░
    ░░░██████░░██████░░░
    ░░█░█▀░░▀██▀░░▀█░█░░
    ░░█░█░░██░░██░░█░█░░
    ░░░▀█░░▄▄▄▄▄▄░░█▀░░░
    ░░░░░▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▀░░░░░

nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Is it a success, or awesome, than a symptomatic man with Ebola was sent home from the ER with useless drugs, and then even after his condition was identified several days later, it took a news reporter to discover that potentially infectious materials were still in his home?

"Where I would rather be" is irrelevant - just because someplace else would be worse, doesn't mean we can ignore & condone our own failures.

And if you don't believe it was a failure in Dallas, if you believe we saw the correct procedure to use in future incidents, please explain and justify that position. Please tell us why it should be OK to send an infectious Ebola patient home, until his condition finally warrants an ambulance response.

nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) nutsy54 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I never said it was ok, I don't condone it, I'm stating if it were my life that is what I would do.
    Um.... "Condone".... This word, I do not think it means what you think it means

Huitzilopochtli commands Weightaholic's Avatar
    Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Weightaholic has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    You guys do know this isn't the bubonic plague, right?
    My personal pronouns are: Don't talk to me/Fck off

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...arantine_N.htm

Obama administration scraps quarantine regulations
    The Obama administration has quietly scrapped plans to enact sweeping new federal quarantine regulations that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention touted four years ago as critical to protecting Americans from dangerous diseases spread by travelers.
    The regulations, proposed in 2005 during the Bush administration amid fears of avian flu, would have given the federal government additional powers to detain sick airline passengers and those exposed to certain diseases. They also would have expanded requirements for airlines to report ill passengers to the CDC and mandated that airlines collect and maintain contact information for fliers in case they later needed to be traced as part of an investigation into an outbreak.

Airline and civil liberties groups, which had opposed the rules, praised their withdrawal.

The Air Transport Association had decried them as imposing "unprecedented" regulations on airlines at costs they couldn't afford. "We think that the CDC was right to withdraw the proposed rule," association spokeswoman Elizabeth Merida said Thursday.

The American Civil Liberties Union had objected to potential passenger privacy rights violations and the proposal's "provisional quarantine" rule. That rule would have allowed the CDC to detain people involuntarily for three business days if the agency believed they had certain diseases: pandemic flu, infectious tuberculosis, plague, cholera, SARS, smallpox, yellow fever, diphtheria or viral hemorrhagic fevers such as Ebola

"The fact that they're backing away from this very coercive style of quarantine is good news," said ACLU legislative counsel Christopher Calabrese, who was unaware the proposed rules had been withdrawn.

CDC officials had stressed the rules would only be used in rare circumstances when someone posed a threat and refused to cooperate. The new rules, they noted at the time, added legal protections and appeals for those subject to quarantines.

CDC spokeswoman Christine Pearson said in a statement Thursday that the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, the CDC's parent agency, withdrew the proposed regulations after discussion across the government made it clear that "further revision and reconsideration is necessary to update the regulations."

HHS and the CDC are crafting new regulations that will incorporate public health lessons learned since 2005, Pearson said in the statement. She did not elaborate and referred questions to HHS. HHS spokeswoman Vicki Rivas-Vazquez said late Thursday the department had no further comment.

Last June, after the H1N1, or swine flu, pandemic emerged, the White House Office of Management and Budget received the final rules for review, records show. HHS withdrew the proposed regulations Jan. 20 — after more than four years of refining them and reviewing public comments.

Jennifer Nuzzo, at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center's Center for Biosecurity, said the rapid worldwide spread of swine flu showed flaws in the proposed regulations' premise.

"They probably learned during H1N1 that this hope of preventing diseases from entering the country by stationing people at airports is unrealistic," she said.

In 2007, after an Atlanta man with drug-resistant tuberculosis drew international attention to the potential risks posed by infected air travelers, CDC Director Julie Gerberding testified before Congress that the proposed regulations would improve the agency's ability to identify exposed passengers quickly. Gerberding, now president of Merck Vaccines, was unavailable for comment Thursday.

Even in the Bush administration, some were skeptical of the CDC's 2005 proposal, said Stewart Baker, assistant secretary for policy at the Department of Homeland Security from 2005 to 2009. "There were a lot of questions about how plausible it was to treat airports as a place where you could stop and inspect and quarantine people,
    Last edited by gachase21; 10-03-2014 at 09:12 AM.

BreakToBuild is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BreakToBuild is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BreakToBuild is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BreakToBuild is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BreakToBuild is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BreakToBuild is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BreakToBuild is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BreakToBuild is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BreakToBuild is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BreakToBuild is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BreakToBuild is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    lol, Government will do nothing to prevent Ebola in U.S., yet American public will continue to trust and vote for Growth.
    5/3/1

How embarrassing we look to the world right now

Frigging UK site

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...a-patient.html

Five blunders US made in treating country's first Ebola patient

Week5 is not very well liked. (-100) Week5 is not very well liked. (-100) Week5 is not very well liked. (-100) Week5 is not very well liked. (-100) Week5 is not very well liked. (-100) Week5 is not very well liked. (-100) Week5 is not very well liked. (-100) Week5 is not very well liked. (-100) Week5 is not very well liked. (-100) Week5 is not very well liked. (-100) Week5 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Diversity!

How embarrassing we look to the world right now

Frigging UK site]
    America is laughing stock of 1st world countries.

America home to highest income -wealth inequality.

Highest murder rate, Highest HIV infection amongst 1st world countries.

Originally Posted by Week5 View Post
    America is laughing stock of 1st world countries.

America home to highest income -wealth inequality.

Highest murder rate, Highest HIV infection amongst 1st world countries.
    Even with all the crap going on, and who we have in office, America is still the best, deal with it.

ODBM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ODBM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ODBM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ODBM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ODBM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ODBM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ODBM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ODBM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ODBM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ODBM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ODBM has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Even with all the crap going on, and who we have in office, America is still the best, deal with it.
    In what category?

Originally Posted by ODBM View Post
    In what category?
    i shouldn't have already, I'm not going to derail this thread off subject