Drekko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drekko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drekko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drekko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drekko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drekko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drekko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drekko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drekko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drekko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drekko is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Ways to train to break the plateau

hey guys

Ive been training 5+ years and made some great gains. But I am still a little far off from reaching my goal (90kg 8-10% BF)

Lately I have been increasing my food intake eating 3700 calories split in 7 meals per day and not gaining much size or fat at all

I am currently 83kg and about 8-10% bf or so i think.. I thought 3700 calories was a crap load of food for someone my weight

I have cut down the cardio from 3 x per week to 2, to 1, now I will try do no cardio

Whats up with this plateau and How can I get passed it?

Should I do GIANT sets with my routines or is that just for mainly burning calories since you have no rest?

Dropsets? Supersets?

PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000) PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000) PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000) PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000) PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000) PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000) PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000) PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000) PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000) PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000) PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000)
    Your not gaining anymore size is the problem? Eat more, If you are not gaining with 3700 calories, adding in drop sets or changing your routine isn't going to make the scale go up, you must eat more.

Try 4,000

chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    As above. If you're not gaining weight then up the cals. Its really not complicated. If you're trying to do gain weight, why are you doing cardio?
    My band: www.thesunexplodes.com

Drekko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drekko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drekko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drekko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drekko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drekko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drekko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drekko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drekko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drekko is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Drekko is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by chamelious View Post
    As above. If you're not gaining weight then up the cals. Its really not complicated. If you're trying to do gain weight, why are you doing cardio?
    Because I wanted to clean bulk. I have been gradually decreasing cardio.. Now I will do no cardio just weights

I also thought 3700 calories for a guy my weight (182lbs) was massive amount of food

ApoorvMote has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ApoorvMote has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ApoorvMote has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ApoorvMote has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ApoorvMote has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ApoorvMote has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ApoorvMote has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ApoorvMote has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ApoorvMote has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ApoorvMote has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) ApoorvMote has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Drekko View Post
    hey guys

Ive been training 5+ years and made some great gains. But I am still a little far off from reaching my goal (90kg 8-10% BF)

Lately I have been increasing my food intake eating 3700 calories split in 7 meals per day and not gaining much size or fat at all

I am currently 83kg and about 8-10% bf or so i think.. I thought 3700 calories was a crap load of food for someone my weight

I have cut down the cardio from 3 x per week to 2, to 1, now I will try do no cardio

Whats up with this plateau and How can I get passed it?

Should I do GIANT sets with my routines or is that just for mainly burning calories since you have no rest?

Dropsets? Supersets?
    At your level of fitness little things make big difference.

Do not cut down cardio unless you want to gain fat.

I agree with Eddie. Try eating 4000 calories.

For exercise do dropset until failure. For example first set 100 kg 10 reps. Second set 50 kg 10 reps. Third set 25 kg 10 reps. If you are dropping only few kilos compared to previous set then you havn't reached failure. You have to drop weight in half & reach failure with it. Adjust weight & reps accordingly.
    100% Free Guide

Gain 1 EXTRA pound of lean muscle per week from your EXISTING workout

www.authoritybiz.com

Originally Posted by ApoorvMote View Post
    At your level of fitness little things make big difference.

I agree with Eddie. Try eating 4000 calories.

For exercise do dropset until failure. For example first set 100 kg 10 reps. Second set 50 kg 10 reps. Third set 25 kg 10 reps. If you are dropping only few kilos compared to previous set then you havn't reached failure. You have to drop weight in half & reach failure with it. Adjust weight & reps accordingly.
    Do you recommened doing this on every set or just like the last set?

ElesD is just really nice. (+1000) ElesD is just really nice. (+1000) ElesD is just really nice. (+1000) ElesD is just really nice. (+1000) ElesD is just really nice. (+1000) ElesD is just really nice. (+1000) ElesD is just really nice. (+1000) ElesD is just really nice. (+1000) ElesD is just really nice. (+1000) ElesD is just really nice. (+1000) ElesD is just really nice. (+1000)
    Drop sets, cut cardio and more food

chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This is nonsense. Cardio doesn't magically prevent fat gain. You're going to gain a small amount of fat on a bulk, how much is going to be determined by how far over your maintenance you're eating. Aka, 250 kcals over, minimal fat gain, 1000 over, lots of fat gain. Of course, you could theoretically eat 500 over and do 250 worth of cardio everyday, but the fact remains its the energy balance thats important.

Originally Posted by chamelious View Post
    This is nonsense. Cardio doesn't magically prevent fat gain. You're going to gain a small amount of fat on a bulk, how much is going to be determined by how far over your maintenance you're eating. Aka, 250 kcals over, minimal fat gain, 1000 over, lots of fat gain. Of course, you could theoretically eat 500 over and do 250 worth of cardio everyday, but the fact remains its the energy balance thats important.
    Thanks ill cut the cardio for now, and do some drop sets.. see how this goes

then add food if i am not gaining...

The food is getting expensive !

gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gomez26 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    drop sets have nothing to do with this.

as u gain weight u try to train with more weight than before.

Because I wanted to clean bulk. I have been gradually decreasing cardio.. Now I will do no cardio just weights

I also thought 3700 calories for a guy my weight (182lbs) was massive amount of food
    the great thing is u dont have to think - the scale gives you the definite answer. if ur gaining zero on 3700 then how will eating more make it dirty? by clean i assume u mean slow mass gain to minimize fat gain (though it can mean different things to different ppl) but zero is zero. u just gotta keep increasing it until u start actually gaining whatever that number turns out to be. u can easily control how rapidly u gain by controlling the calorie number. but u first have to actually be gaining its really that simple.

btw eating x cal more or reducing energy expenditure by x cal (by eg cutting out cardio) has the same effect so if its getting expensive defly cut out the cardio.
    "Though the concept is not scientifically validated in detail (it should be considered as a hypothesis rather than a scientific theory), it is useful from a practical standpoint. When training athletes, it is impossible to wait until scientific research provides all of the necessary knowledge." Vladmir M. Zatsiorsky, Ph.D.

Thanks ill cut the cardio for now, and do some drop sets.. see how this goes

then add food if i am not gaining...

The food is getting expensive !
    Remember stuff like PB, oils, chocolate, there are cheap sources of calories out there.

IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IDrinkBloodLOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    For exercise do dropset until failure.
    What the fuk is up with people prioritizing training to failure?

Even seeing people talk about it pisses me off.

PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000) PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000) PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000) PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000) PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000) PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000) PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000) PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000) PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000) PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000) PerezEddie is just really nice. (+1000)

Not necessarily, depends a lot on your NEAT (non exercise associated thermogenisis) the amount of calories you burn outside of training, such as walking the dogs, work, laundry, etc. This has the biggest impact on your TDEE over anything.

I am a smaller guy than you and have bulked on 3700 calories before. Right now it's much less however since I am not as active as I was.

doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) doughnut91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Don't second guess how many calories you need. Work out your TDEE and go from there; be exact and then there's no way to fail.

Originally Posted by PerezEddie View Post
    Not necessarily, depends a lot on your NEAT (non exercise associated thermogenisis) the amount of calories you burn outside of training, such as walking the dogs, work, laundry, etc. This has the biggest impact on your TDEE over anything.

I am a smaller guy than you and have bulked on 3700 calories before. Right now it's much less however since I am not as active as I was.
    Apart from training 1.5 hours in the gym. I sit on my ass all day at a computer desk job lol

Lemme tell ya sumthin.... palumboism's Avatar
    palumboism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) palumboism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) palumboism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) palumboism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) palumboism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) palumboism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) palumboism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) palumboism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) palumboism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) palumboism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) palumboism is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Apart from training 1.5 hours in the gym. I sit on my ass all day at a computer desk job lol
    You may have worms brah, they make you eat everything & you never put on any weight. See a doc.
    I am the parasite, you are host. Deal with it.