guscles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guscles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guscles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guscles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guscles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guscles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guscles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guscles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guscles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guscles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hope this isn't to rude but whats your average pay like at commercial gyms ?

I know its rude to ask for average pay from individual but i'm curious. I've recently changed my mind on becoming a personal trainer and now a security guard but now the idea of becoming a personal trainer came back to my mind so It's meant to be. Obviously this wont change my mind at all but just curious on whats your guys average pay like working at a commercial gym ? ( La Fitness, 24 hour fitness, Gold's Gym ) places like that. Thanks everyone for your input.

WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I can only speak to what it is in Canada, so take it with a grain of salt because it really depends on your geographic area.

Typically at a commercial gym with one cert and no experience you will start fairly low - about $20 per session. Now that might sound like a lot if you work 40 hours a week, but as a trainer you don't. Most trainers have 25-35 client sessions (hours) per week unless they kill themselves with hours simply due to the nature of how our hours work. If you're not training someone - you don't get paid.

Once you have some experience and skills, and depending on the company you will move up in pay scale (and likely also charge more for your services). Here in Canada some companies top out at $30 per hour, some are higher up to $40. Most companies also pay commission for sales ranging from 5-10% of what you sell monthly. So if you're a trainer doing 100 hours a month plus commission you're probably making about $3500 per month before taxes.

Independent trainers obviously make a lot more per hour but also have to factor in overhead like rent and business costs.

soon2b3olympic is just really nice. (+1000) soon2b3olympic is just really nice. (+1000) soon2b3olympic is just really nice. (+1000) soon2b3olympic is just really nice. (+1000) soon2b3olympic is just really nice. (+1000) soon2b3olympic is just really nice. (+1000) soon2b3olympic is just really nice. (+1000) soon2b3olympic is just really nice. (+1000) soon2b3olympic is just really nice. (+1000) soon2b3olympic is just really nice. (+1000) soon2b3olympic is just really nice. (+1000)
    Paid? What's that?

I have two certs, one being NASM another being trash, and I'm starting at $17.50 an hour per session. I get $9.00 for "floor hours" but they don't let you stay that long on the clock. So yeah I'm looking for a different job right now.
    -To avoid criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing - elbert hubbard
    -You know how you know your lifts are good, when people profess they are E-stats.
    But,"Let him who boasts boast in the Lord." For it is not the one who commends himself who is approved, but the one whom the lord commends.

Adopt A Dog:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=121387661
    *Misc Strength Crew*
    *MFC*
    *LA MISC*

guscles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guscles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guscles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guscles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guscles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guscles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guscles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guscles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guscles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) guscles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    looks like canada is the place to move to, those are really good rates. thanks for both of your guys feedback. appreciate it.

Maximum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maximum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maximum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maximum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maximum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maximum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maximum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maximum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maximum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maximum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Maximum is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    when i was at Ballys in 2003-2004, i was in the range of 27-33/hour session. in 04-05 I was at Fitness Formula Clubs, with 20/half hour session; 35-42/hour session. those were of course with the higher tier brackets allowed at each gym, and in the Chicago market. I had NASM during those franchise gym years.

for what it's worth I've heard that Xsport trainers get paid garbage <20/hr session. I see a lot of these franchise gyms demanding bachelor degrees to go with certifications now a days, but payout has not gotten better in the past decade from what little I've seen poking around. anyone else chime in on this?
    One rep, one set, one meal...one day at a time. You build a fortress brick by brick.

VR-4 Crew

penafitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) penafitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) penafitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) penafitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) penafitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) penafitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) penafitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) penafitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) penafitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) penafitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) penafitness is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Depends on the gym and the state. It's like a construction job. Unless you have real talent and a real education, you'll make the same money for years with no real advancement or financial growth. If you have the ambition and capital to venture out on your own, you can do very well or you can fall flat on your face.

bump

ryanleavitt7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you think you can make it as a trainer why don't you go out on your own?

JCarp8421 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCarp8421 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCarp8421 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCarp8421 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCarp8421 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCarp8421 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCarp8421 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCarp8421 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCarp8421 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCarp8421 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JCarp8421 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    about 35

stosman05 is a name known to all. (+5000) stosman05 is a name known to all. (+5000) stosman05 is a name known to all. (+5000) stosman05 is a name known to all. (+5000) stosman05 is a name known to all. (+5000) stosman05 is a name known to all. (+5000) stosman05 is a name known to all. (+5000) stosman05 is a name known to all. (+5000) stosman05 is a name known to all. (+5000) stosman05 is a name known to all. (+5000) stosman05 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    20$ hr
    NoCo crew Ft Collins
    NoVa crew Arlington
    Current Phoenix crew

Paid 15$ for a day pass to Del Ray Fitness crew
    Pay 509$ for a hotel in Del Ray Beach crew
    Ate at sickening Dunkin Donuts crew

Paid $14,000 to break lease crew

JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnSmeton has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    All depends on location, a big city is almost higher, than a small rural town , with not many people around, location is huge, find out what the average price is around you. Moving on, most commercials gyms take 50% give or take of a personal trainers salary. so a big city gym might charge 60 an hour and cut you at 30, and a small town in a rural area might charge 30 an hour and give you 15.
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Online coaching avilable
    ******** Great Physique Fitness https://www.********.com/Great-Physique-Fitness-575323199169735/?ref=hl
    Twitter SmetonFitness https://twitter.com/SmetonFitness
    Instagram https://www.instagram.com/great_physique_fitness/?hl=en

Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000)
    12-15 an hour about 5 years ago... the better gyms would pay minimum wage ($7.25) to "prospect" or be a "floor trainer/fitness instructor" whereas the crappier ones expect you to walk around the club for free when you didn't have a client... Clients were typically assigned though and as a new trainer, only the ones that nobody else wanted to work with wound up on my roster. (aside from the very few I managed to successfully sell, again, better gyms won't expect you to double as a salesperson but many commercial gyms do) Oh yeah and there's the gyms that sell 30 minute sessions so if you don't have them back to back you're basically pulling minimum wage.

I ended up leaving commercial gyms to work in a non-sales driven position at a community center... sure, my hourly pay wasn't as high but at least I had a solid schedule and thankful clients.
    "I'm Mr. Beast, the big bad Fenris wolf, I'm The-End-of-the-World-Man, wearing the flesh of fallen angels!" - Jack Lupino

"after the 3rd set he vomited, after the 4th set, he vomited really, really hard, I did not have him perform a 5th set" - Keith Wassung