airsoftgun99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I can bench almost as much as I squat?

Hey guys,
    I recently got into the three basic compound exercises, the squat, deadlift, and bench. I believe at my age (14) that if I master these, everything else will come in due time. Anyways, my one rep max for the bench press is 180. I haven't maxed out on deadlifts or squats in a while, but I can get 185 for three squatting and 225 for three for deadlifts. My squat is awfully close to my bench, and I feel like I'm very weak lower body. Aesthetically, I am fine with my looks. Although, there is a kid who is a fairly skinny guy in my grade, maybe 5'10" and 135lbs. He apparently squats 305, deadlifts 360, and doesn't bench because he doesn't need to (which is complete bs). Even so, are these numbers possible? Thanks.

CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500)
    You're probably not touching your chest when you bench and your friend is probably e-statting.
    My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154949233

Stezu has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by airsoftgun99 View Post
    Hey guys,
    I recently got into the three basic compound exercises, the squat, deadlift, and bench. I believe at my age (14) that if I master these, everything else will come in due time. Anyways, my one rep max for the bench press is 180. I haven't maxed out on deadlifts or squats in a while, but I can get 185 for three squatting and 225 for three for deadlifts. My squat is awfully close to my bench, and I feel like I'm very weak lower body. Aesthetically, I am fine with my looks. Although, there is a kid who is a fairly skinny guy in my grade, maybe 5'10" and 135lbs. He apparently squats 305, deadlifts 360, and doesn't bench because he doesn't need to (which is complete bs). Even so, are these numbers possible? Thanks.
    Damn, 14 and benching 180? I feel weak even though I'm one year older.
    When did you get into weight lifting?
    Last edited by Stezu; 09-28-2014 at 09:21 AM.

Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Stezu View Post
    some guys are naturally strong. I have a friend who was like 200lbs mostly lean at 14 and benched close to 200lbs, and i have another friend that weighs 180 at 15 and can bench 135

absgod is on a distinguished road. (+10) absgod is on a distinguished road. (+10) absgod is on a distinguished road. (+10) absgod is on a distinguished road. (+10) absgod is on a distinguished road. (+10) absgod is on a distinguished road. (+10) absgod is on a distinguished road. (+10) absgod is on a distinguished road. (+10) absgod is on a distinguished road. (+10) absgod is on a distinguished road. (+10) absgod is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Well I bench more than I squat
    Maybe you don't touch your chest, maybe you just bounce the weight on chest.
    "No one likes losing, find me someone that doesn't mind losing and I'll show you a loser."

airsoftgun99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Stezu View Post
    I started in February of this year. I used to bench 35's for reps then

trs5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trs5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trs5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trs5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trs5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trs5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trs5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trs5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trs5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trs5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trs5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Keep working on all 3, your squat will soon be gaining far more than your bench does.
    I used to lift
    Now I get triggered by people's poor form while they lift heavier weights than I can
    feelsbadman

*always pick 1 crew*
    *sometimes pick another number once I enter the thread crew*

IDefineMyself is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IDefineMyself is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IDefineMyself is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IDefineMyself is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IDefineMyself is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IDefineMyself is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IDefineMyself is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IDefineMyself is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IDefineMyself is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IDefineMyself is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IDefineMyself is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by airsoftgun99 View Post
    and doesn't bench because he doesn't need to (which is complete bs).
    You don't really need to bench. All I do is pushup variations for my chest(besides dips) and my bench is pretty damn decent. If he is going for aesthetics anyways. Obviously if his goals are to increase his bench then he should bench.

trs5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trs5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trs5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trs5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trs5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trs5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trs5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trs5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trs5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trs5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) trs5 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by IDefineMyself View Post
    You don't really need to bench. All I do is pushup variations for my chest(besides dips) and my bench is pretty damn decent. If he is going for aesthetics anyways. Obviously if his goals are to increase his bench then he should bench.
    Calisthenics crew

ok

You don't need to do anything but if you are going to you may as well utilise the best compound exersizes going, and for building up chest power bench press is pretty much number one. Dips and weighted dips are good but not in the same league as bench press. Thats like saying you dont need to squat when you can do lunges, sure its a different way of doing it but people focus on the big 3 (and a few others; bent over rows, OHP etc) for a reason.

In the long run, building size is easier when you have some strength to work with.
    I used to lift
    Now I get triggered by people's poor form while they lift heavier weights than I can
    feelsbadman

*always pick 1 crew*
    *sometimes pick another number once I enter the thread crew*