Harveybajwa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Anterior Pelvic tilt?

Recently a friend of mine suggested I may have an anterior pelvic tilt, after researching a bit and looking at examples I think I may aswell,
    is it possible that this tilt could be the reason behind my lower back pain? I know a lot of people are going to say bad form could be an issue, but Ive always had my training partner observe and inform me if my back is not straight during deadlifts/bent over rows etc.

I have always had an arch in the lumbar region of my spine as long as I can remember, as in my ass has always stuck out, and so has my gut and I was sure that this was something that I could not help, thought it was genetic? I have looked up ways to fix the tilt, in terms of the stretches and muscles that I need to work (abdominals, glutes, hamstring - correct me if im wrong) but was wondering, is this an issue I should see a professional about? in terms of a doctor? especially if it seems to be causing me lower back pain.

If professional advice isnt needed, aprox. how long is the period of time for my pelvis to shift to a normal position, I know it would not be over night, but am I looking at something that could be corrected in 6 months or over a period of years? And lastly what could have been the cause of this? Bad posture? sitting down for long periods?

Please correct me if im wrong in anything I have said, was clueless till about a week ago, and hope someone can shed some light, Ive included a picture of me in nature posture with my arms above my head for some sort of reference (excuse the body fat)
    Attached Images

LiftingObjects will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftingObjects will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftingObjects will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftingObjects will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftingObjects will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftingObjects will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftingObjects will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftingObjects will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftingObjects will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftingObjects will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiftingObjects will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm currently working on correcting APT myself. From your pic it looks like you might have it too + the lower back pain & ass/gut sticking out you describe is textbook APT symptoms. You're right about the cause of ATP being related to bad posture & sitting around too much, here's an article that explains what happens to our muscles/hip when we do too much of those things: http://www.swolept.com/posts/fixing-...r#.VCc7Dxb9wpS This dude talks about it in this vid too http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=CoOayJXqvi0 which I've embedded below as well as it includes the glute bridge technique.

From what I gather some of the most important aspects to fixing it are:

Foam rolling - Quads, Hip Flexors, Lower Back

Stretch - Quads, Hip Flexors

Strengthen - Glutes, Hamstrings, Abs

It's a real bitch getting through these (I'm 4 days in) especially the hip flexor foam rolling/stretching & also for me my glutes/abs are very weak so the glute bridges/planks are hard work, but I know it's gonna be worth it, I mean you can totally see how it all works & I'm noticing improvements with posture like gut not hanging out & ass/hip not so tilted. Of course it's very much constant intentional effort right now to keep those things in check like that but over time everything should gradually return to it's natural state and I've seen quite a few successful transformations from utilizing these basic exercises. Also it's really important to practice good posture throughout the day.. squeeze the living sh!t out of your glutes/core, chest up/shoulders back/down & don't sit around too much/limit computer time

My routine is like this: (everyday morning & evening)

Foam Rolling
    Quads (Both together) 1x5 mins
    Hip Flexors (each leg) 2x1 mins
    Lower Back 2x1 mins

Stretching
    Quads (each leg) 2x30 secs
    Hip Flexors (each leg) 2x30 secs

Strengthening
    Glute Bridge 2x30 secs
    Plank 2x30 secs

I also do some sumo deadlifts & hip thrust for additional glute/hamstring strengthening.

Some good reading:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...&highlight=apt
    http://www.styleforum.net/t/380309/o...elvic-tilt-apt
    http://www.****struct.com/4-great-ex...r-pelvic-tilt/

Good luck!

Harveybajwa has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    @LiftingObjects Wow! By far exceeded my expectations of a response I was going to recieve, answered every question I had in my mind, thank you very much for that and I will be added that same routine into my daily plan! Goodluck to you aswell!

Registered User HeltOvrEvrythin's Avatar
    HeltOvrEvrythin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Whats going on guys! 2 years later the pain is finally going away. I had it bad. Lower back, hip tightness, sharp growing pain, glut med, piriformis, hamstrings and calfs were a killer.... This website right here saved my damn life.... anteriorpelvictilt.com no bull ****. smooth ass content. just dedicate yourself. bookmark the page because thats all you need! Good luck guys! stay at it, its wellllll worth it.

anteriorpelvictilt.com