upperbodylove has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) upperbodylove has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) upperbodylove has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) upperbodylove has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) upperbodylove has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) upperbodylove has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) upperbodylove has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) upperbodylove has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) upperbodylove has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) upperbodylove has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) upperbodylove has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

The art of bench pressing

Lesson number 1: Having a random spotter will in most cases KILL your gains, why ? Because normally they pick the bar up way before you'v really hit failure. The other day i was doing just fine but got a little shaky with the bar and some random white knight jumped into the picture and helped me lift the bar !! fancy that ! and imagine if that guy was an actual spotter.. Rip gains

Lesson number 2: Not having a spotter makes you scared, you know that you're ****ed and have to rely on your inner power to do that one last rep, its cheesy but true, true gains come from pain

Lesson number 3: If you really cant manage to do that one last rep and you're pinned to a bench with a bar pressing on your chest, then dont worry, you're shoulder muscles will come into play and take some of the weight of the bar so you wont get crushed (extra shoulder gains=win)

Sum up what you have to do step by step to get BIG

Step 1 lay on bench and do your 4-6 reps
    Step 2 instead of putting the bar back on 7th or 6th rep, keep going
    Step 3 Feel the chest fibers breaking apart UOAWWAWW YEAA
    Step 4 You didn't manage the 8th rep ? well you have weak inner power but no worries theres step 5 for you weakling of the gym
    Step 5 Try your best to not get your chest crushed by the bar and wait for a white knight, shouting ''help!!'' may be embarrassing so just look around for the nearest guy and say ''hey bro'' or something casual

Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    reds gonna red

werent you the guy who said hes only gonna do upper body?

upperbodylove has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) upperbodylove has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) upperbodylove has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) upperbodylove has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) upperbodylove has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) upperbodylove has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) upperbodylove has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) upperbodylove has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) upperbodylove has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) upperbodylove has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) upperbodylove has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Bballer99 View Post
    reds gonna red

werent you the guy who said hes only gonna do upper body?

yup

I dont understand what ''reds gonna red'' means, but il have you know im a superior lifter and can go through any kind of training, if you think my way of bench pressing is chit then tell me ****ogt

CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What...?
    402/314/435-1151@213 w/ sleeves USPA

I can do all this through Christ who gives me strength.
    -Philippians 4:13

Originally Posted by CWGame View Post
    What...?
    what part dont you understand lol ?

Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bballer99 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Wow some idiot greend you

Don't worry ill help put you back to red

Originally Posted by Bballer99 View Post
    Wow some idiot greend you

Don't worry ill help put you back to red
    ... i still dont know what you are actually talking about ??

GymLife04 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymLife04 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymLife04 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymLife04 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymLife04 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymLife04 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymLife04 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I worked out for little as 2 months, 2 years ago and ended dislocating my elbow over the time I stopped... so my first time back in the gym about 2 weeks ago since 2 years and a dislocated elbow. I attempted to bench heavy by myself and step 5 happened to me so embarrassing I refuse to go through that embarrassment ever again.
    Dedication&Determination

September 7th > First week of lifting!
    {Starting Lifts>September 12th, 2014}
    Bench: 115 lbs, 3-4 reps couldn't lift bar off my chest for last rep
    Squat: 95 lbs, cant remember reps no more than 10
    Deadlift: 135 lbs, 5 reps

{Lifting Progress>October 8th, 2014}
    Bench 135, 3 reps
    Squat - 115, 5 reps bad form > need works
    Deadlift: 175, 5 reps

Originally Posted by GymLife04 View Post
    I worked out for little as 2 months, 2 years ago and ended dislocating my elbow over the time I stopped... so my first time back in the gym about 2 weeks ago since 2 years and a dislocated elbow. I attempted to bench heavy by myself and step 5 happened to me so embarrassing I refuse to go through that embarrassment ever again.
    Did you follow step 2 correctly ? By heavy i meant that around 6reps you're starting to fail, if this bar was as heavy as that at 3 reps you were struggling then lol thats just pure suicide... I LIKE IT ! Thats the kind of thing id do, or should i say.. {will} do. A bar so heavy that my life rests upon it YES THATS THE STUFF !!!

I respect your bravery, you obviously just weren't as overall fit as you'd normally be so tough luck. Through dont let puny embarrassment get in the way of your gains, thats a trait of the weak.

I have no idea who would rep you to 6, your advice is garbage.

CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500) CupcakeSquats is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by upperbodylove View Post
    I dont understand what ''reds gonna red'' means, but il have you know im a superior lifter and can go through any kind of training, if you think my way of bench pressing is chit then tell me ****ogt
    Your way of bench pressing is chit, *******.
    My log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154949233

CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000) CWGame is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm saying what as in your lessons are horrible.
    402/314/435-1151@213 w/ sleeves USPA

I can do all this through Christ who gives me strength.
    -Philippians 4:13

Edgardian89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Edgardian89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Edgardian89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Edgardian89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Edgardian89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Edgardian89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Edgardian89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Edgardian89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Edgardian89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Edgardian89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Edgardian89 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    What's the deal with reps in The Bench, anyway? I do 3x12. Also, does it have to be in a "pyramid" way?

Originally Posted by Edgardian89 View Post
    What's the deal with reps in The Bench, anyway? I do 3x12. Also, does it have to be in a "pyramid" way?
    Ignore him. He knows nothing. Watch the elite fts video uf you have any questions about benching.

Khazix is not very helpful. (-500) Khazix is not very helpful. (-500) Khazix is not very helpful. (-500) Khazix is not very helpful. (-500) Khazix is not very helpful. (-500) Khazix is not very helpful. (-500) Khazix is not very helpful. (-500) Khazix is not very helpful. (-500) Khazix is not very helpful. (-500) Khazix is not very helpful. (-500) Khazix is not very helpful. (-500)
    agreed with lesson 2. usually on my last rep of last set I get stuck, I can just feel the adrenaline rush and it feels like a lot of blood just instantaneously rushes through my temple and I get tunnel-visioned but I end up pushing the weight up.

Also agree with lesson 1. It is good to have a spotter for safety but I only have certain people spot me (people who i know aren't noobspotters) because most spotters just curl the bar up for every rep even when you aren't struggling one bit.

Bballer@ you obviously aren't a superior lifter such as myself, with that attitude you're staying scrawny for life bro

Cupcakesquats@ I assume you're one of those ****y dynamic duo ****s that cant even break a sweat without your m8 wiping your salty tears of. This way of bench pressing is absolute and has no weaknesses, face reality

Edguradian@ The higher the reps the less bigger you're gonna get, if you're defining your muscles then yea go high, but if you want to get big just follow the 4-5 easy steps iv already provided.