BipolarExpress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BipolarExpress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BipolarExpress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BipolarExpress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BipolarExpress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BipolarExpress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BipolarExpress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BipolarExpress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BipolarExpress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BipolarExpress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BipolarExpress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

17 years old not sure where to start

I am just getting into working out, and I figured if I'm gonna do it, I should do it right. I don't really know too much about working out. I have free weights up to 30lbs and a weight bench but I don't have a bar or a rack. I would appreciate if someone could guide me in the right direction. Like a good workout plan to build muscle for someone new to working out?

Here is what I've done so far to help with working out:

-Have been eating a lot healthier for the past 2 months

-Drinking a lot more water

-Stretching

Not trying to be lazy or anything just don't know where to start/what to do

dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dski79 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    check out starting strength! if your interested that much, buy the book and studty it! all beginner questions are answered! at your age SS is the best for you! get strong and then figure out where you wanna go after!
    Originally Posted by BipolarExpress View Post
    I am just getting into working out, and I figured if I'm gonna do it, I should do it right. I don't really know too much about working out. I have free weights up to 30lbs and a weight bench but I don't have a bar or a rack. I would appreciate if someone could guide me in the right direction. Like a good workout plan to build muscle for someone new to working out?

-Stretching

HeavyLifts92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeavyLifts92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeavyLifts92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeavyLifts92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeavyLifts92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeavyLifts92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeavyLifts92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeavyLifts92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeavyLifts92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeavyLifts92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) HeavyLifts92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Read a the stickies in the nutrition, workout program, exercise and teen bodybuilding sectiond And you"ll have an idea of how to build muscle/calculating calories and all that basic stuff.

PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by dski79 View Post
    check out starting strength! if your interested that much, buy the book and studty it! all beginner questions are answered! at your age SS is the best for you! get strong and then figure out where you wanna go after!
    I assume you're being sarcastic. (It requires a barbell).

PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by BipolarExpress View Post

-Stretching

If you want to do it right, you need to either join a gym or have a barbell and more weights, plus some sort of rack.

BipolarExpress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BipolarExpress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BipolarExpress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BipolarExpress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BipolarExpress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BipolarExpress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BipolarExpress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BipolarExpress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BipolarExpress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BipolarExpress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BipolarExpress has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by dski79 View Post
    The Original Starting Strength Novice Program
    Workout A
    3x5 Squat
    3x5 Bench Press
    1x5 Deadlift

Workout B
    3x5 Squat
    3x5 Press
    5x3 Power cleans

Workouts A and B alternate on 3 non-consecutive days per week.

This is what you are talking about right?

Originally Posted by HeavyLifts92 View Post
    Read a the stickies in the nutrition, workout program, exercise and teen bodybuilding sectiond And you"ll have an idea of how to build muscle/calculating calories and all that basic stuff.
    Will do
    Originally Posted by PaulRivers View Post
    I assume you're being sarcastic. (It requires a barbell).
    I looked it up and there is a way ( if I have the right exercises listed above ) to do all of the exercises listed with dumbbells. I don't know if its the best way.
    Originally Posted by PaulRivers View Post
    If you want to do it right, you need to either join a gym or have a barbell and more weights, plus some sort of rack.
    I can get a barbell and a rack
    Thank you for the replies