Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Soccerdad5 Journey to the IFBB Pro Stage in 2015...Fat dad to IFBB Pro

Soccerdad5 Journey to the IFBB Pro Stage in 2015..."Fat Dad" to IFBB Pro

Objective of Journal
    I want this contest prep journal (competing on the IFBB pro circuit for men’s physique in the summer of 2015) to inspire many and let them know if you have a vision, a goal, incredible determination and understand what your purpose is (with God's guidance), you can accomplish ANYTHING in life. I did what a lot of people said I could not do. I just started competing in July 2013 and at the age of 44 years young, I earned my IFBB Pro Card in the Physique Division in Pittsburgh in July of 2014 at the NPC Teen, Collegiate & Masters National Championship. I did this as a LIFETIME DRUG FREE COMPETITOR (no steroids, cut drugs, HGH, diuretics etc). This was my first attempt at my pro card and I got 2nd in the Class E Division. Here was my stage picture and here is who I competed against:

Background

I am a 44 year old marketing director for a health care company that got out of shape, got depressed and had a low energy level. I have 5 kids so I am a very busy family man. I workout early in the mornings and prepare all my food before the week begins. I have challenges like all of us but don't make excuses. I came from an athletic background (played division 1 soccer ) but did not make fitness/health my priority when I took an 8-6 job. My excuse is I traveled a lot and I worked too many hours to put fitness/health as a priority.

After my father's health started to deteriorate, I analyzed my own life. I thought if I continue to do what I am doing, I would not be living a good quality of life in my future years enjoying my kids and someday grandkids. I decided last year to enter the 2012 Dymatize Elite Ambition 12 week challenge as a motivation to get back into shape. I actually won the contest which shocked me. I actually thought there were a lot of better transformations than me but it was a very humbling proud moment and really helped me get where I am today (read the detailed story and my plan here): http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/chad...challenge.html To be honest with you, I didn’t do this the right way. My carbs were way too low and it was way too drastic of a diet. I ended up exasperating my already bad gallbladder and eventually had to get my gallbladder out after my contest.
    Here was the picture from the contest:

I have learned a lot on my journey and now coach people on “transformation” groups on Sundays via conference call and Skype. I coach people all over the world. This has been one of the most rewarding things out of this journey.

I will be doing a journal to show my diet and workouts. I will also be sharing with you my supplements that are provided by Labrada Nutrition.

I will share with you a little about my life as well as what is really important in my life. I will be sharing a spiritual side of me to show you how important God is to me (Hopefully that won’t offend you but if it does I am sorry…it is a part of who I am).
    Let me know what else you want to see from the journal and I will try to share it. You can also follow me on here:

********: www.********.com/chadjacksonfitness
    Twitter and Instagram: @chadjacksonfit
    Last edited by soccerdad5; 09-21-2014 at 08:31 PM.
    Bodybuilding Is The Closest Thing We Have To The Fountain Of Youth. Lee Labrada

Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm in! You're transformation is inspiring to say the least!
    Team General Mills

CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    YOU CAN COUNT ME IN!

One of the most consistent and positive influences to the fitness industry especially here locally in Houston.

Chad is doing big things and Labrada Nutrition is more then happy to be a part of it!

ALL DAY - EVERYDAY!
    ▬▬۩ LABRADA NUTRITION REP ۩▬▬

Check out LABRADA @ http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/lab/lab.htm

SMILE BIG - LIFT BIGGER - LIVE LARGER!

Please feel free to email me regarding any questions about Labrada branded products.

Shellie732 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I love your posts. I look forward to following this blog. Thanks so much for sharing your daily routine.

Babszy51 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Special to me!

Chad, yours was one of the first posts I saw when I became active on Bodyspace just three months ago. It was a great introduction to BS, to you and the sport which I have come to love! Most people don't think of beginning to lift at 54 but you (w the grace of God) always inspire hope! Thanks! I look forward to your blog.

soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000) soccerdad5 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks for the support brother! Labrada Nutrition has played a big part of it.
    Originally Posted by ChuckLabrada View Post
    YOU CAN COUNT ME IN!

One of the most consistent and positive influences to the fitness industry especially here locally in Houston.

Chad is doing big things and Labrada Nutrition is more then happy to be a part of it!

ALL DAY - EVERYDAY!
    Shellie. Thank you so much.

Originally Posted by Shellie732 View Post
    I love your posts. I look forward to following this blog. Thanks so much for sharing your daily routine.
    Babs, thank you! Great to hear about your journey and you can do this at any age and tap into the "fountain of youth."

Originally Posted by Babszy51 View Post
    Chad, yours was one of the first posts I saw when I became active on Bodyspace just three months ago. It was a great introduction to BS, to you and the sport which I have come to love! Most people don't think of beginning to lift at 54 but you (w the grace of God) always inspire hope! Thanks! I look forward to your blog.

Journal From the Past

Also I wanted to give you some past links from other journals I have done in the past:

Here is what I did for my 12 week transformation in 2012 you can see what I did here. I do wish I would have eaten more carbs during this 12 weeks: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/chad...challenge.html

This is what I did for 4 weeks preparing for the Branch Warren Classic (nutrition and workout). I placed 2nd in this show and qualified for Nationals. http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=154807573

Here is my Men's physique journal I did for the Texas State Championships in October (nutrition and workout plan): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=155828683

I also did a 6 week journal to my first contest in 2014 at the Europa Dallas SuperShow in May: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...post1224202781

Hope to make this one even more informative than the previous ones. I hope to show you it CAN BE DONE.

michael6941 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Definitely reading...good reasonable advice, and Christian perspective! Looking forward to it!

OrcaLifter is just really nice. (+1000) OrcaLifter is just really nice. (+1000) OrcaLifter is just really nice. (+1000) OrcaLifter is just really nice. (+1000) OrcaLifter is just really nice. (+1000) OrcaLifter is just really nice. (+1000) OrcaLifter is just really nice. (+1000) OrcaLifter is just really nice. (+1000) OrcaLifter is just really nice. (+1000) OrcaLifter is just really nice. (+1000) OrcaLifter is just really nice. (+1000)
    Looking forward to following this log. All the best Chad.
    Today's actions are the fuel for tomorrow's goals.

9/23/14
    9/23/14—First Day of Journaling – Background of my Journey

I am actually glad to be posting this journal again. I hope you learn a lot about my preparation for contests with my diet and workouts. I will be posting my diet and workout starting tomorrow. I wanted to give you some background on my journey to the pro stage. I earned my IFBB Pro Card in July at the NPC Masters National Championships in Pittsburgh.
    What does this mean for those of you who are not familiar with the NPC or the IFBB? The road is arduous to get to the IFBB (the IFBB pros are the ones that compete at Olympia). You qualify for your IFBB pro card through the NPC organization. The NPC is the biggest amateur bodybuilding organization in the United States by far. Bigger than all of the other federations combined.
    People ask me if I am “drug free” why don’t I compete in a tested organization or show? There are federations that are “natural” but they are relatively unknown compared to the NPC and IFBB. There are tested shows in the NPC but I wanted to compete with the “best” and the NPC and the IFBB is the best. I don’t know how much performance enhancing drug use is going on in the NPC and IFBB and frankly I don’t care. I don’t condone drug use to compete and I don’t look down on it. Everyone competes differently but I do believe there are consequences for what you do to your body.

In order to get to the IFBB, first of all you have to compete in a NPC National Qualifier show and finish in the top 5 in your class to qualify for a National NPC show. The task will get harder in 2015 in that you have to be top 2 or 3 to get to a National show. In all of my shows I was top 3 in 1 class.

I first started competing in July of 2013 at the Branch Warren Classic that was a National Qualifier show. I finished 2nd in the Masters Division and qualified for a National show. I have 1 year to have this qualification then would of had to qualify again the next year. I finished 3rd in the Class C Open Division at the Texas State Championships in October 2013 (with the “young guns”…guys in the 20’s). I didn’t finish well in the Masters Division because my posing was horrible (almost embarrassing---live and learn).

Since I qualified for a National show to try to earn my IFBB pro card, my plan for 2014 was to put on a bit of muscle and compete in May 2014 at the big Europa Supershow in Dallas as a warm up to the National show of NPC Masters National Championships in Pittsburgh in July. I ended up getting 3rd at the Europa Supershow and was pleased with how I came in. I knew I needed to come in more conditioned in Pittsburgh. A lot of guys try to qualify for their pro card in 3-5 shows but I decided my plan was to compete in 1 National show in 2014 to try for my IFBB pro card and let the “chip fall where they may.” It had to do with my schedule and wanted to get my body ready for just 1 show.
    I competed at the NPC Masters National Championships in Pittsburgh with a crazy week of business travel for “peak week.” It is pretty amazing that I ended up earning my IFBB pro card having the travel schedule I had. I competed in the Over 40 Class E Division and ended up getting 2nd out of my class. The other guys were much bigger than me but I came in more conditioned as well more proportioned.

I got to become good buddies with Steve Alkana aka “Troyguy” from the Pittsburgh show. He just missed qualifying for his pro card this time around. He was a big inspiration for me when I was going through my own transformation and sent me workouts as well as his diet. We have become good friends. The best part about competing is the friends you will make along the way. You have a lot of downtime so why not get to know new people.

Troyguy in the bottom right

Nothing has really changed for me since I earned my IFBB pro card. Maybe I have a little more notoriety but I am the same “me.” I decided I would not compete the rest of the year and aim for the summer of 2015 to compete. I did this to catch my breath, devote more time and energy to my family and job. I also wanted to put some added muscle on to compete in the IFBB. The IFBB is a totally different league and I will have to make a lot of improvements in my chest and back to be competitive in this division . I aim on doing 3-5 shows next year and competing in 1-2 IFBB Pro Masters shows. I am also working on some sponsorships coming up (stay tuned).

I am sponsored by Labrada Nutrition that is one of the best nutrition supplement companies around. I TOTALLY BELIEVE THIS. I had some opportunities to get some sponsorships from other supplement companies but really honed in on Labrada Nutrition. I actually went by their office (did a “cold call” visit) and one of their executives met me. We set up a meeting and I dropped off my resume and they were very interested in my “tribe” I had at Bodybuilding.com. I ended up being sponsored by them and really believe in what they are doing. I have met with Lee Labrada quite a few times. He is a “genuine” guy with a lot of “integrity.” He has a great culture with his company. It is amazing at how many dollars they put into QC’ing their products that most companies are not doing (too costly). They put exactly what they say they are putting in their products.
    Chuck aka “ChuckLabrada” is your main man over here at Bodybuilding.com

My current schedule looks like this when I am in town (Mon – Friday):

4:45 am Wake up/Quiet Time/Pre-Workout Nutrition (all Labrada)
    5:30 am Leave for Gym
    5:45 am Workout
    7:00 am Take daughter to school with post Labrada post workout nutrition (will detail tomorrow)
    8:00 am – 6:00 pm Work (eat feeding/breakfast at work)
    11:30 am Feeding
    2:30 pm Feeding
    5 pm Feeding
    7:30 pm Dinner
    6-10:30 pm take kids to soccer, ballet, catch up on personal and work emails, family time
    10:00 pm Feeding
    11 pm Asleep
    Saturday
    6:30 am Workout
    7:30 am – 10:30 pm Kids soccer games, kids ballets, kid flag football games, work on transformation clients (from info sent in on Friday). Prepare Sunday transformation calls. Hang out with family, “honey do’s” etc, Go to grocery store and prepare food for week (Takes 1.5 – 2 hrs)
    Sunday

7:30 am Workout or might rest
    9:30 am Church
    11:30 am Lunch
    12 pm Prepare for Transformation calls with clients
    1 pm – 5 pm Transformation Client Conference Calls
    6 pm Family Dinner
    7 pm Prepare for Week
    It is a fairly busy week but as long as you are organized and schedule everything out it all works out.
    I am currently at 202. I am about 15 lbs more than my stage weight in Pittsburgh in July. I will probably put on about 6-8 more lbs through March with improvements on chest and back.

I will be posting my workout and diet tomorrow.

You can also follow me at:
    Instagram: @chadjacksonfit
    www.chadjackson.com/chadjacksonfitness.com
    *****://twitter.com/chadjacksonfit

HunnyNspice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

"Stalking" your journey.

dentelza has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thanks!

Thanks Chad for taking the time and doing this. It truly helps us awe-inspired people to see a non-filtered account of what it takes to get to a higher level of fitness and that it's possible.

Much Mahalo!

I will be updating my diet and workout later today. I am starting a new 12 week transformation group starting this Sunday. I will be helping you with diet, workout and cardio. This is not some kind of crazy 12 week program that makes you shed crazy weight and kills your metabolism. This is giving you knowledge on how to do things the right way and helping yourself up for success in the long run. I do calls via conference call and Skype and if you can't make the call it is recorded. If you are interested email and I will send you more information. My email is chadjacksonfitness@gmail.com

9/24/2014--My workout the next 8 weeks

I have a lot of months before I compete again and will be trying different things as I get to my competition in 2015. I have done a lot of different workouts but did a lot of high volume work for my last contest really trying to improve my chest and back. I need to continue to do the same. I have a lot of workouts when I was coached, I also have a lot of workouts when I was coaching myself. I talked to Jay Cutler at Europa Dallas and he workouts out pretty basic but doesn’t rest very much between sets. Lee Labrada also had limited rest between sets. I am trying Jay’s workout from bodybuilding.com. I read through all 8 weeks and it looks solid. In fact, was very sore the first 2 days of doing it. I also decided to test out Bodbuidling.com’s workout app to see if this would help me keep up with the workout. Here is what Monday and Tuesday looked like. I rested on Wednesday.

Workout for Monday- Chest:
    Leverage Incline Chest Press: 3 sets of 10 reps
    Flat Bench Press: 3 sets of 10 reps
    Dumbbell Flyes: 3 sets of 10 reps
    Dips: 3 sets of 10 reps
    Dumbbell Straight-Arm Pull-Over: 3 sets of 10 reps
    Standing Calf Raise: 3 sets of 10 reps
    Seated Calf Raise: 3 sets of 10 reps

Workout for Tuesday--Arms:

Rope Push-Down: 3 sets of 10 reps
    Dips: 3 sets of 10 reps
    French Press: 3 sets of 10 reps
    Close-Grip Bench Press: 3 sets of 10 reps
    Straight-Bar Push-Down: 3 sets of 10 reps
    Barbell Curl: 3 sets of 10 reps
    Preacher Curl: 3 sets of 10 reps
    Dumbbell Curl: 3 sets of 10 reps
    Hammer Curl: 3 sets of 10 reps
    Reverse Curl: 3 sets of 10 reps

After arms training

Wednesday - Rest Day

Here is my current supplements I am taking (Labrada HICA Max and Labrada Glutamine is not currently pictured). I am also taking an off brand creatine monohydrate that I had a ton of.

I will put up my diet for this week tomorrow.

TIP OF THE DAY: You have to challenge yourself every day. If you don’t you will not grow. Get out of your comfort zone tomorrow and do something that will challenge you.

FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) FltDoc06 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Sub'ed.
    Thanks for sharing details.

CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CoachChuckD is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Really enjoying the Tips Chad!

TIP OF THE DAY: You have to challenge yourself every day. If you don’t you will not grow. Get out of your comfort zone tomorrow and do something that will challenge you.

I have personally fallen into this comfort zone, it's time to turn back into a machine! Thank you for the reminder and the motivation!
    ▬▬۩ LABRADA NUTRITION REP ۩▬▬

Check out LABRADA @ http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/lab/lab.htm

SMILE BIG - LIFT BIGGER - LIVE LARGER!

Please feel free to email me regarding any questions about Labrada branded products.

Sounds good. I have learned from a lot of people on here. I might as well "pay it back."
    Originally Posted by HunnyNspice View Post
    "Stalking" your journey.
    My pleasure!
    Originally Posted by dentelza View Post
    Thanks Chad for taking the time and doing this. It truly helps us awe-inspired people to see a non-filtered account of what it takes to get to a higher level of fitness and that it's possible.

Much Mahalo!
    Originally Posted by FltDoc06 View Post
    Sub'ed.
    Thanks for sharing details.
    Chuck we have all been there at work, at the gym or at home. I asked my kids this week if there would be one thing they would do that would make them uncomfortable but make them grow. They came up with all kind of crazy things.
    Originally Posted by ChuckLabrada View Post
    Really enjoying the Tips Chad!

I have personally fallen into this comfort zone, it's time to turn back into a machine! Thank you for the reminder and the motivation!
    Will post my diet tomorrow. I am losing weight now at 3,300 calories so my metabolism is in high gear. Good problem to have.

BOSS_David is on a distinguished road. (+10) BOSS_David is on a distinguished road. (+10) BOSS_David is on a distinguished road. (+10) BOSS_David is on a distinguished road. (+10) BOSS_David is on a distinguished road. (+10) BOSS_David is on a distinguished road. (+10) BOSS_David is on a distinguished road. (+10) BOSS_David is on a distinguished road. (+10) BOSS_David is on a distinguished road. (+10) BOSS_David is on a distinguished road. (+10) BOSS_David is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Great story. I can relate to much of it ... even the gallbladder issues, lol. Focused on a great 2015 season myself. Always awesome to see others who are passionate about sharing their experiences and are willing to try to help motivate others. Wishing you much success for you 2015 season!

ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000) ms_mac is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Very inspiring. In for this journey.

PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrinceDaddy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good luck Chad. Your focus and success is absolutely inspirational.

Now as you get ready to compete as a Pro, there is only one MP Pro class
    or does that one break out by age or height class. Just curious.

Nothing but continued success my friend!

RSP Nutrition Lead Rep jpfaherty's Avatar
    jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great work man. I'll be following along

I tried a sample of the peanut protein and it was great. I've also had supercharge which was solid as well!
    ★★★ RSP Nutrition Lead Representative ★★★

High Quality Supplements For All Your Goals

RSP Nutrition Store:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/ store/rsp-nutrition.html

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★
    http://www.rspnutrition.com/

Thanks. I love to see others on their journey also. Keep sharing! You never know who you are inspiring.
    Originally Posted by BOSS_David View Post
    Great story. I can relate to much of it ... even the gallbladder issues, lol. Focused on a great 2015 season myself. Always awesome to see others who are passionate about sharing their experiences and are willing to try to help motivate others. Wishing you much success for you 2015 season!
    Thanks. Let me know if there is anything more you want to hear. I will be posting my diet after this.
    Originally Posted by ms_mac View Post
    Very inspiring. In for this journey.
    Thanks man! Remember our conversations at the Branch Warren Classic. You are one of the good guys and a marathon man competing in both MP and BB. There is only one class but there are now about 4-5 masters shows. They had the first one in Pittsburgh this summer. I will compete in open in 2 shows and probably do 2 masters shows.
    Originally Posted by PrinceDaddy View Post
    Good luck Chad. Your focus and success is absolutely inspirational.

Now as you get ready to compete as a Pro, there is only one MP Pro class
    or does that one break out by age or height class. Just curious.

Nothing but continued success my friend!
    Awesome! Labrada Nutrition makes some awesome products. Super Charge is a requirement for me. Looking forward to trying to new Labrada Preworkout PE-1

Originally Posted by jpfaherty View Post
    Great work man. I'll be following along

I tried a sample of the peanut protein and it was great. I've also had supercharge which was solid as well!

aeroboi22m is on a distinguished road. (+10) aeroboi22m is on a distinguished road. (+10) aeroboi22m is on a distinguished road. (+10) aeroboi22m is on a distinguished road. (+10) aeroboi22m is on a distinguished road. (+10) aeroboi22m is on a distinguished road. (+10) aeroboi22m is on a distinguished road. (+10) aeroboi22m is on a distinguished road. (+10) aeroboi22m is on a distinguished road. (+10) aeroboi22m is on a distinguished road. (+10) aeroboi22m is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I sent ya an email regarding your previous post!

Originally Posted by soccerdad5 View Post
    I will be updating my diet and workout later today. I am starting a new 12 week transformation group starting this Sunday. I will be helping you with diet, workout and cardio. This is not some kind of crazy 12 week program that makes you shed crazy weight and kills your metabolism. This is giving you knowledge on how to do things the right way and helping yourself up for success in the long run. I do calls via conference call and Skype and if you can't make the call it is recorded. If you are interested email and I will send you more information. My email is chadjacksonfitness@gmail.com
    Last edited by aeroboi22m; 09-27-2014 at 06:11 PM.
    Quiet shyy introverted I wear headphones to the gym so I wont talk to anyone....
    ~shaun~

WannaBFit_47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannaBFit_47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannaBFit_47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannaBFit_47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannaBFit_47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannaBFit_47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannaBFit_47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannaBFit_47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannaBFit_47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannaBFit_47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WannaBFit_47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just loved reading your posts/Blogs. I'm looking forward to reading more! Your passion motivates me!
    Decide! Commit!! SUCCEED!!!

Originally Posted by aeroboi22m View Post
    I sent ya an email regarding your previous post!
    I got your email. Will send you info tonight. I have a guy doing my program right now getting married andhe is getting some amazing results. I told him he need to make sure he doesn't look better than his bride

I told you I would post my diet. I am saying this upfront, don't automatically copy my diet and expect the same results. Everyone is different and everyone has different metabolisms. If you were to start your diet at 3,700 and your set point is at 2,700 calories there is a good chance you will put on considerable amount of fat doing this.

I did a bit of reverse dieting after my show. I didn't have a complete "blowout" after my show but gradually took my calories up over time. I am up to about 3,700 calories 306g protein/330g carbs/122 g fat. You might say how does a 44 year old guy get that kind of calories. When I first competed last year I was at around 2,000 calories. This time around I was at around 2,700 2 weeks outs. I have been able to increase my metabolism by dieting the right way. Physique competitors who cut their carbs way too low and doing way too much cardio are setting themselves up for metabolic disaster later on. I have chosen to do this lifestyle for health reasons and to not hire a coach that gives some food plan and have no idea what my calories are.

Here is what my diet looks like. I will be posting my food in the coming weeks and months. How I cook and what the food actually looks like. I am pretty simple in how I do it. I am somewhat into "flexible dieting" but do believe staying fairly strict. It works for me. It might not work for you. You have to come in tune with your own body.

Here is my diet this week:

DIET
    Before workout
    2 Labrada HICA MAX Tablets
    1 quart of water
    2 scoops of Labrada Super Charge
    1 scoop of Labrada ProV 60 Protein
    1 scoop of Labrada Power Carb

Right after workout
    1 quart of water
    1 scoop of Labrada Power Carb
    5 g of creatine

Meal 1 (after workout)
    1 Cup Pasteurized Egg Whites
    ¾ cup of Oatmeal
    28 g of Peanut Butter

Meal 2

6 oz Chicken
    1 cup of Basmati Rice
    1 cup of green beans
    40 g of almonds

Meal 3

6oz Ground turkey in taco seasoning
    1 cup of Basmati Rice
    1 cup of green brocolli
    40 g of almond butter

Meal 4
    5oz Chicken
    1 cup of Basmati Rice
    1 cup of green beans
    40 g of almond butter

Meal 5
    5 oz chicken breast
    2 cups of mixed vegetables
    6 oz of sweet potatoes
    5 tsp of coconut oil

Meal 6
    1 cup of Almond Milk
    1 scoops of Labrada ProV 60 Protein
    1 cup of oatmeal

Approximate Calories: 3,716
    Carbs: 330 g
    Protein: 322 g
    Fats: 120 g

I also drink about 1 gallon of water a day.

TIP OF THE DAY

Whenever you are coming out of a diet, don't go crazy and celebrate for a week with a "binge fest" of eating. Slowly increase your calories over a period of time so you can increase your metabolism again. When you body is in a diet phase, when you put a surplus of calories in, it will try to hold onto it as much as possible. All that hard work around the diet will be blown if you don't do this. Whether you are a competitor or just someone who wants to lose bodyfat, this is true.

Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000)
    So glad to see you've started another journal - I followed your last one closely and look forward to following this leg of your journey!

Love the detail you provide and really thinks it helps everyone understand that, with the correct outlook and planning, you can incorporate lots into an already very busy life

Have a wonderful Sunday, spending time with your family and your church family

CC
    “Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles.” Alex Karras

Follow me on IG: @Cardioconvert

MzIrish is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzIrish is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzIrish is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzIrish is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzIrish is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzIrish is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzIrish is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzIrish is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzIrish is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzIrish is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzIrish is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You are definitely very inspiring !! I have learned a lot. Thank you for sharing your journey with us !!

Love to hear this feedback! Thank you and let me know what else you would like to see and hear.
    Originally Posted by Cardioconvert View Post
    So glad to see you've started another journal - I followed your last one closely and look forward to following this leg of your journey!

Love the detail you provide and really thinks it helps everyone understand that, with the correct outlook and planning, you can incorporate lots into an already very busy life

Have a wonderful Sunday, spending time with your family and your church family

CC
    My pleasure! I am glad I can help. When I was going through my transformation journey 31 months ago, I learned so much from others as they journaled and shared their experiences. Now, I am paying it back!

Originally Posted by MzIrish View Post
    You are definitely very inspiring !! I have learned a lot. Thank you for sharing your journey with us !!

markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) markasparks is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks Chad, you are an inspiration! Looking forward to following.
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ TWINLAB FUEL TEAM MILITIA member 2014 ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆