Jake0210 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Beginner Suggestions?

I am currently 16 years old, 145 lbs, and ~6'1". I am well aware that I am quite skinny for my height, and I am trying to add muscle to my frame. Adding muscle mass is my main interest, and I hope to do so without putting on much fat in the process. After looking through various threads, it seems to me that AllPro's routine suits my needs the best. I am lifting mostly for aesthetic reasons as opposed to a program that is more geared towards strength training for athletes, like football players, for example. I am aware that gaining muscle does go hand in hand with increasing strength, however I think it is important to mention that I am hoping to gain lean muscle in an effort to achieve a "beach body", as opposed to training for a sport. Am I right in thinking that AllPro's routine is a good starting point in order to achieve my desired results?

Also, any nutrition/diet input would be greatly appreciated. I am not at all experienced in nutrition, and I am a little confused as to where I should start. At my height and weight, how many calories per day should I be eating per day in order to pack on some lean muscle?

The attached picture just gives a rough idea of what my ideal physique would look like. I realize that this would take years to achieve and that maybe I simply don't have the genes necessary to achieve something like this. However, I thought it would be a good idea to show what my goal is.

I greatly appreciate any help that I can get.
    Attached Images

Per Deum, Ego Invictus ODoyle99's Avatar
    ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000) ODoyle99 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'd vote for Fierce 5 novice routine over AllPros. Yes there's some low rep work geared toward strength but you need strength to get big. There's also some high rep stuff too. Think you'd get stronger and bigger more quickly with Fierce 5.

For nutrition: Go to the nutrition section and read the stickies
    B: 320
    S: 435
    D: 510
    OHP (Strict): 210
    Front Squat (ATG): 315

serjicaladdict has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    check out IIFYM calculator. it will pretty much give you everything you need to know about macro, micro, and calorie intake.

seriously, diet is everything. i lifted for 1 year before taking nutrition into account. within 4 months of almost doubling my calorie intake i gained about 10 pounds. makes a huge difference.

IceCreamFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Link in my sig

Jake0210 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thank you for your suggestions. I think I am going to start with the fierce 5 program. Any other suggestions are appreciated.

otiskii will become famous soon enough. (+50) otiskii will become famous soon enough. (+50) otiskii will become famous soon enough. (+50) otiskii will become famous soon enough. (+50) otiskii will become famous soon enough. (+50) otiskii will become famous soon enough. (+50) otiskii will become famous soon enough. (+50) otiskii will become famous soon enough. (+50) otiskii will become famous soon enough. (+50) otiskii will become famous soon enough. (+50) otiskii will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The only suggestion I have about using a program is to STICK WITH IT.
    Do I even lift?