Suzie6Speed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I Lean Back When I Sprint

Hi, I realized this after watching game footage from a few nights ago and realized that when i sprint, my head tilts back and so does my body. Is this a muscle imbalance etc.. any thoughts? Thanks for the help!

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    dont tilt your head back

KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Suzie6Speed View Post
    Hi, I realized this after watching game footage from a few nights ago and realized that when i sprint, my head tilts back and so does my body. Is this a muscle imbalance etc.. any thoughts? Thanks for the help!
    Could be multiple reasons why:
    1) Tight back muscles or weak anterior (front). Work on stretching your back, from your lower spine all the way to below the neck. Try foam rolling and stretching before and after workouts.
    2) Running technique. Usually if you're standing tall you're slowing yourself down. You should be leaning forward to propel and accelerate.

Try:
    1) stretching and foam rolling your posterior (back) muscles
    2) strengthening your psoas and abdominal muscles
    3) Have a sports performance or sprinting coach help you with form (if you're in high school you could simply ask the track and field coach, not football coaches, to analyze your sprinting technique )
    Keith Alpichi , B.S. in Kinesiology, CPT, and Founder of KA Fitness & Athletics

Online personal training (Personalized exercise and nutritional programming via online training software application)
    Bootcamp group training & sports performance training based out of San Jose, Ca

Visit www.keithalpichi.com
    For training and business inquiries please email keith@keithalpichi.com

krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    No-one here can tell you how or even whether to fix it without seeing you. You need to show a coach what's going on (some video may be enough) and work out whether it is really a problem. If it is, that's when you develop a specific plan to fix it.

If you want to know what I mean, have a look at Michael Johnston's sprinting.

F1tness4L1fe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    As KAFitness said stretch your back and neck, and strengthen your abdominal muscles. My old athletics coach used to say try and keep your face, neck and shoulders relaxed. You may have tight hip flexors as well stretch them out aswell. Do the stretches before you run as well so your posture is set more in the correct position. Also try looking ahead at something.

BananaTree23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BananaTree23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BananaTree23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BananaTree23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BananaTree23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BananaTree23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BananaTree23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BananaTree23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BananaTree23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BananaTree23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BananaTree23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    some good advice above...