Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    djslik916 is just really nice. (+1000) djslik916 is just really nice. (+1000) djslik916 is just really nice. (+1000) djslik916 is just really nice. (+1000) djslik916 is just really nice. (+1000) djslik916 is just really nice. (+1000) djslik916 is just really nice. (+1000) djslik916 is just really nice. (+1000) djslik916 is just really nice. (+1000) djslik916 is just really nice. (+1000) djslik916 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I wonder if anyone tried to stop the guy or intervene? The guy was able to go home and go to work.
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #48 ▪██─────██▪

▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #34 ▪[M]====[6]▪

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CropDusterMan View Post
    Guys, lets not lose sight of something here...some poor guy lost his life...

It's a sad story.

No question about it. I posted the article because it was interesting, and because most here are home gym adherents. There will be more to the story, I'm sure, but whatever the back story, there's not justification for killing someone at the gym. Even if they are curling in the rack.
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Daughter of suspect in fatal gym beating apologizes to victim's family

http://www.ktvu.com/news/news/crime-...?__federated=1

By David Stevenson
    KTVU.com
    SAN FRANCISCO — A donation box for the funeral of 43-year-old Diego Galindo sits on the counter of the South San Francisco butcher shop where he worked.
    "It's just really hard to imagine him not here," said Cariceria Tepa worker Marta Sanchez. "Everybody is devastated. Here, we can't even think straight, we have orders that we haven't even done,"
    Police say the San Bruno man was beaten on the head with a steel gym bar at a South City Bally's Total Fitness Wednesday night by 46-year-old Kenneth Osako, also of South City.
    "It was a crime of opportunity as far as the weapon was concerned because the weapon was easily accessible to the suspect," said South San Francisco Police Department spokesman Sgt. Tom Neary. "This is a situation where two people... had differences and it escalated to an act of violence. And unfortunately that act of violence resulted in someone's death."
    Osako fled the gym after the incident but was surrendered to police Thursday in San Francisco, the same day Galindo died in San Francisco General Hospital.
    On Friday, Kealani Osako- one of suspect's five daughters- apologized to the Galindo family on behalf of her father.
    "I know he's sorry and I know he didn't want this to happen. It's really hard." said Kealani Osako.
    She told KTVU her father was set to take her to college in just a few days and said he suffers bipolar disorder, severe depression and anger issues, including blackouts.
    "Especially in the gym, that's the worst time to get my dad angry, because when he's in the gym, he takes it very seriously. Totally zones out," said Osako.
    Police said they are still interviewing witnesses to determine a possible motive but Kealani Osako said her father and Diego Galindo had argued over a woman.
    "The man was trying to get my father's girlfriend to leave with him and that didn't go well with my father obviously."
    The San Mateo County Prosecutors office indicated Osako is likely to appear in court on Monday. Bally gym goers on Friday said they were stunned by the violence.
    "I actually recognized both people involved in the altercation. I see them most nights," said Ubaldo Reyes. "So it's a bit weird to hear about something like that happening here."
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    as someone who sees a psychologist over some pretty ****ing minor issues (ADHD mostly) i think it's a ****ing travesty that people with honest problems don't see someone on a regular basis. i mean once every month or two might have helped the guy realize he needs meds, or he should be away from the gym, or something.
    Domicron's Basement Gym and Fun House
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1451901723&viewfull=1#post1451901723

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #60

rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    There's a snappy comeback in here somewhere, but it eludes me at the moment.
    He "popped a CAP" in his head.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #52 ▪█─────█▪
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #5 []---[]

RL Erik 'Iwhspr Fe comes' matrix563's Avatar
    matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ▪█───────█▪ Equipment Crew #46 ▪█───────█▪
    ▪█───────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #21 ▪█───────█▪
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #33 ||---||

~ 5th dimensional being ~

Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by AttyGuy View Post
    She told KTVU her father was set to take her to college in just a few days and said he suffers bipolar disorder, severe depression and anger issues, including blackouts.
    His lawyers will probably jump all over this for his defense.
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger - Pumping Iron

Trisk99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trisk99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trisk99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trisk99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trisk99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trisk99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trisk99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trisk99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trisk99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trisk99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trisk99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I was there when it happened. I actually go to that Bally's. It's gym #2 for me, although I've been going there more frequently than I have been hitting gym #1 lately.

I didn't witness the attack - it must have happened all very quickly - most of us have head phones or ear buds in - but I did see the guy bleeding on the floor just after the attacker fled. I saw the victim flopping around on the floor like a fish out of water, screaming out for his life, and then going in and out of consciousness, all while paramedics arrived and attempted to stop the bleeding. Trust me, if anyone with the ability to stop the guy was around to witness it, they would have stopped him. It happened where all of the machines are, right behind the ellipticals where mostly women and older men congregate. So, mostly hispanic women and small asian guys crowded around the victim immediately after it happened. The attacker is around 5' 6" but he is stacked. Small legs, but he is in no way weak. He could easily have evaded capture given the size of the men in the crowd. (The pictures given online of him are either out of date or don't do him justice... he benches and deadlifts almost as much as me, alas with **** form and a belt, and I'm fairly strong - Bench 365; Deadlift 495 @ 190 lbs... I'm sure he weighs around 175 so he's a skinny ripped guy and very strong for his weight).

Anyway, it's easy to crack jokes about what happened when you didn't see it first hand and when you can alienate or disassociate yourself from those involved. A lot of us at the gym have cracked jokes, probably as a way of coping with what happened. "Hey bro, hide that bar" or "hey bro, you think you can watch my back while I hit this?" But, the thing is, it literally could have happened anywhere. It could have happened at YOUR gym (assuming your gym isn't a private home gym)... and assuming that, it could even have happened to you.

Let me explain:
    I used to talk to the object of the "alleged" attackers affection - She's a nice older woman who has a lot of questions about fitness and about how to build muscle. I used to give her tips and advice whenever she'd ask. I taught her how to squat properly once, with a spot and everything. I'll admit, it looked very sexual in the mirror, but it wasn't... she's around 50 years old. So, hypothetically, what would have been just friendly advice, instruction or a friendly spot from random "person A", to her, could have been perceived as a flirtatious, sexual advance by Osako (the attacker). Lots of people would help her out from time to time because she would ask for it. Talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

In addition to all of this, I'm really skeptical about any kind of real long-term relationship between her and Osako. They had started talking maybe about a month or so before the incident. 2-3 months at the very most. I'm sure no one had seen them together before then.

I knew Osako in passing only. I didn't know the victim. Osako gave off an aggressive vibe. And I have a few stories about confrontations with him over gym equipment, as do other members. It seems like he's been to prison before (prison style tats and the wife-beater cut-off khaki shorts look). A mutual friend let me know that he had just gotten "out."

Still, I don't believe that this incidence ought to necessarily reflect negatively onto that particular Bally's or to gyms or fitness clubs in general. Like I said, it could have happened anywhere. It's a pretty simple gym - it doesn't have a pool or a sauna, only has 2 squat racks, but it's located in the heart of the peninsula so it's very accessible. People of all trades go there primarily because of its accessibility and its low monthly fee: $10/month. Maybe that's the reason why someone like Kenneth Osako could have afforded membership there, but then again he was a plumber, and plumbers in the bay area make good pay. Then again, if you watch the news reports on television or online, you can plainly see that Kenneth Osako's room does not look like the room of a 46 year old man in a stable situation. It looks more like the room of someone who's struggling either financially or with the law or psychologically or with some combination of the three.

Personally, while I know very little about the man, the picture comes together coherently if I simply take all of these points together with the addition of a few reasonable assumptions to reach the plausible conclusion that the guy was dealing with at least one of the issues mentioned above. I could be wrong but I doubt that I am too far off the mark.

Anyway, it doesn't seem like the gym has lost any clients. I still see most of the same people attend. None of the women have left as far as I know about (Gotta love the women; in fact, that's pretty much what we were all talking about the next day.... how could you be angry when there are so many goddamn women in here.... in colorful spandex.... the music's good, we're lifting, getting our pump on, it's all stress relief-stress free, etc.? First time I talked to most of the guys I work out next to; so there is definitely a more communal vibe there right now).

I feel deeply for the victim, Diego, and his family. It really was a senseless and unnecessary act that has left two families changed for the worst, and my heart goes out to them both.

I'm guessing the bar he used was a straight lat pull down bar - you would use it on a cable machine, but you can use it for tricep extensions. Moral of the story is to be careful around guys who look like they've just gotten out of prison or who rub you the wrong way.

Hope this clears some things up for any of you with questions or concerns.
    Last edited by Trisk99; 09-23-2014 at 08:32 AM.

Trisk99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trisk99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trisk99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trisk99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trisk99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trisk99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trisk99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trisk99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trisk99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trisk99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Trisk99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    www,ktvu,com/news/news/crime-law/daughter-suspect-fatal-gym-beating-apologizes-vict/nhQ4X/

(replace commas with periods.)

Check out link for most recent update.

It seems the daughter is claiming that Osako has bipolar disorder, anger management issues, and some kind of issues with lapses of control, but that Osako has never been diagnosed. Sounds consistent with what other gym members have mentioned about the guy and with my past experience of interactions with him at the gym.
    Last edited by Trisk99; 09-23-2014 at 07:59 AM.

Originally Posted by Trisk99 View Post
    Anyway, it's easy to crack jokes about what happened when you didn't see it first hand and when you can alienate or disassociate yourself from those involved. A lot of us at the gym have cracked jokes, probably as a way of coping with what happened. "Hey bro, hide that bar" or "hey bro, you think you can watch my back while I hit this?" But, the thing is, it literally could have happened anywhere. It could have happened at YOUR gym (assuming your gym isn't a private home gym)... and assuming that, it could even have happened to you.
    This is why I posted the story in the first place. Initially, I found the article curious because of the equipment connection and the poor description of the item used, a bar for "tricep dips." More importantly, the story is of interest to home gym owners and those who are thinking about home gyms. It isn't the first time a violent crime has occured at a public gym and it won't be the last. If you have the space, a home gym is the way to go, and not just becauseof random acts of violence. . . .

This is why I posted the story in the first place. Initially, I found the article curious because of the equipment connection and the poor description of the item used, a bar for "tricep dips." More importantly, the story is of interest to home gym owners and those who are thinking about home gyms. It isn't the first time a violent crime has occured at a public gym and it won't be the last. If you have the space, a home gym is the way to go, and not just becauseof random acts of violence. . . .

Reasonable and understandable. But I would draw the different conclusion that we ought not isolate ourselves from social life just because bad things happen sometimes. In my view, it'd be similar to arguing that I'd rather be home-schooled or rather not attend college or university because of recent campus shootings at some schools and universities

There are lots of good people to meet and great things to learn out away from home. Just have to be aware of your surroundings.

Originally Posted by Trisk99 View Post
    Reasonable and understandable. But I would draw the different conclusion that we ought not isolate ourselves from social life just because bad things happen sometimes. In my view, it'd be similar to arguing that I'd rather be home-schooled or rather not attend college or university because of recent campus shootings at some schools and universities

There are lots of good people to meet and great things to learn out away from home. Just have to be aware of your surroundings.
    Uh, yeah. I'd rather be armed and shoot back. And I'd rather not have to deal with rack curlers, pop music listeners, muscle heads, cardio bunnies, underpaid gym staff, loud music, broken equipment, dirty equipment, dank locker rooms, monthly fees, and the like.

Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Uh, yeah. I'd rather be armed and shoot back. And I'd rather not have to deal with rack curlers, pop music listeners, muscle heads, cardio bunnies, underpaid gym staff, loud music, broken equipment, dirty equipment, dank locker rooms, monthly fees, and the like.
    Someone get Atty some old wrinkly balls.
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #3 ▪██─────██▪

â—‹---â—‹ [[[[-----]]]] York Barbell Crew #52 [[[[-----]]]] â—‹---â—‹
    ( DD Crew, Globes, Kg's, + )

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #45 ▪█─────█▪

~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

For sure. If any of that stuff bothers you, then by all means. But preferring privacy is very different than hiding out in your garage or your backyard for fear of a run in with danger.

I like meeting new people. It's definitely a motivation to lift for me. I meet women at my gym all the time. And I've met a few lifting partners while there as well. It's preferable in my opinion. The gymnasium was a social institution in Ancient Greece. It's no different today, unless you have your private home gym - aside from the monthly fee's and juiced up muscle heads. There are other people besides those types you mention at gyms all across the country.
    Last edited by Trisk99; 09-23-2014 at 10:45 PM.

Good luck on your fitness goals for the rest of 2014.

For sure. You too. You're right though, there are more ways than one to get your work in. I used to have a home gym set up myself. Now that I think about it, I kind of miss it. Gym can be awkward at times. All kinds of unspoken competition and all kinds of stares from random people trying to mind their own business and all.

PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I think that even if you limit the stats only to people who regularly go to the gym, your odds of getting killed on the drive to and from the gym are higher than your odds of being physically attacked while at the gym.

This story sounds really horrible, but if I remember right the #1 cause of death if you're under 35 is "accidental death" (which this clearly is not).

JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by djslik916 View Post
    I wonder if anyone tried to stop the guy or intervene? The guy was able to go home and go to work.
    I'll be honest but I would be stunned shocked and a bit hesitant to **** with a guy who jut smashed someone with a tricep bar

JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JRMoore82 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Domicron View Post
    as someone who sees a psychologist over some pretty ****ing minor issues (ADHD mostly) i think it's a ****ing travesty that people with honest problems don't see someone on a regular basis. i mean once every month or two might have helped the guy realize he needs meds, or he should be away from the gym, or something.
    It's not just that. It's taboo as hell to see a doctor. You know how many times people have told me the bipolar thing is bull**** and I don't need meds?

Kushkiss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kushkiss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kushkiss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kushkiss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kushkiss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kushkiss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kushkiss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kushkiss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kushkiss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kushkiss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kushkiss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Having 5 daughters is enough to make anyone snap

Poor guy, what a brutal way to go

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Clearly, his defense attorney needs to use the twinkie defense.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twinkie_defense

White had previously been a fitness fanatic and health food advocate, but had begun consuming junk food and sugar-laden soft drinks like Coca-Cola. As an incidental note, Blinder mentioned theories that elements of diet could worsen existing mood swings.[1] Another psychiatrist, George Solomon, testified that White had "exploded" and was "sort of on automatic pilot" at the time of the killings.[2] The fact that White had killed Moscone and Milk was not challenged, but – in part because of the testimony from Blinder and other psychiatrists – the defense successfully convinced the jury that White's capacity for rational thought had been diminished; the jurors found White incapable of the premeditation required for a murder conviction, and instead convicted him of voluntary manslaughter.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

Originally Posted by PaulRivers View Post
    I think that even if you limit the stats only to people who regularly go to the gym, your odds of getting killed on the drive to and from the gym are higher than your odds of being physically attacked while at the gym.

This story sounds really horrible, but if I remember right the #1 cause of death if you're under 35 is "accidental death" (which this clearly is not).
    Work out at home. Then, you don't have to worry about the drive to the gym or the time at the gym. Downside: No yoga pants. Unless, of course, you're wearing yoga pants in your home gym.

PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500) PaulRivers is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Work out at home. Then, you don't have to worry about the drive to the gym or the time at the gym. Downside: No yoga pants. Unless, of course, you're wearing yoga pants in your home gym.
    Lol, good point.

Especially about the Yoga Pants.