ironb4g has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

First time on Supplements

Hey!

So, here's the deal: I'm a 27 years old guy, 54 kgs (119 lbs) and I've been on and off gyms since almost 10 years.

I never took any kind of supplements, since i don't seem to been evolving enough to do it.

But now it's the time. I don't go to the gym in 2 years now, but i want to re-start next october.

However I have a huge problem, and I want your precious advice on how to go around this: I work in the construction bussiness, I am put under a severe physical stress from 08 AM to 5 PM. When I get from work I am very tired and I just want to go home, and sleep. My house is 1 hours from work.

I can get a gym fairly close to work (5 kms - 3.1 miles) but my body lacks the endurance to go with more exercise. Is there any way around this?

I want to start october supplement free, and from november starting taking something (protein, whatever).

Just read thousand topics on here about wich sups to start with, but as for my case, what do you think the best option is?

Is there any energy booster of some kind, that allows me continue for more than 9 hours of daily physical extreme exercise? How can I cope with this? I seem to be unable to do it anymore without any help.

Thanks for you input,
    IronB4G

Chalifour has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chalifour has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chalifour has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chalifour has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chalifour has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chalifour has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chalifour has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chalifour has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chalifour has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chalifour has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chalifour has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Decent protein blend to hit macros (if needed) - Pronom, trutein, PES Select, Pro jym
    Fish oil
    Multi
    Vit D

Thats about it

A decent pre workout will help you hit the gym after a hard work day

MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You'll definitely need to start eating more considering how active you are. How much effort and time do you put into your diet right now?
    YOU > Bladen

Thanks for the quick answer man!

Should I take those supplements BEFORE WORKOUT?

That means I only take sups when working out, correct?

I will start 3 times/week and then, depending on how it goes, i was thinking 5 times / week (monday to friday) and rest on weekend.

Should this be a consistent way to start with?

Originally Posted by Chalifour View Post
    Decent protein blend to hit macros (if needed) - Pronom, trutein, PES Select, Pro jym
    Fish oil
    Multi
    Vit D

Thats about it

A decent pre workout will help you hit the gym after a hard work day

Chalifour has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chalifour has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chalifour has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chalifour has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chalifour has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chalifour has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chalifour has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chalifour has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chalifour has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chalifour has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Chalifour has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ironb4g View Post
    Thanks for the quick answer man!

Should I take those supplements BEFORE WORKOUT?

That means I only take sups when working out, correct?

I will start 3 times/week and then, depending on how it goes, i was thinking 5 times / week (monday to friday) and rest on weekend.

Should this be a consistent way to start with?
    I like 4days / week ( mon-tue , thur-friday)

Obviously you only take the preworkout b4 workout but for protonz, fish oil, multi, vitamine D they are a daily supplement like food.

Originally Posted by MillerTime07 View Post
    You'll definitely need to start eating more considering how active you are. How much effort and time do you put into your diet right now?
    I also apreciate advice on that matter.

As for now, not much!

6. AM : At home, before leaving to work: a peice of fruit and a glass of chocolat milk.

10. AM : At work, break to eat something: 2 sandwishes with cheese or something

01.PM : At work, Lunch: chicken or grilled pork meat.... with chick pea, beans or rice

8 / 9 PM: Dinner - when I get home: soup and some fish or meat.

And thats it.... i have a huuuuge deficit in caloric intake i know...

MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerTime07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

As for now, not much!

6. AM : At home, before leaving to work: a peice of fruit and a glass of chocolat milk.

10. AM : At work, break to eat something: 2 sandwishes with cheese or something

01.PM : At work, Lunch: chicken or grilled pork meat.... with chick pea, beans or rice

8 / 9 PM: Dinner - when I get home: soup and some fish or meat.

Supplements will never made up a lacking diet. General health supplements are great. But, you're going to need to be in a surplus if you want to put on muscle. The Nutrition section has some great threads and information.
    YOU > Bladen

hcvan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hcvan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hcvan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hcvan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hcvan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hcvan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hcvan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hcvan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hcvan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hcvan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hcvan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Go with a pre-workout or just build your own if you are cheap/poor: caffeine, beta-alanine, creatine and BCAA. That's all you really need as a bare minimum.

And... eat!

TPAYNTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TPAYNTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TPAYNTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TPAYNTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TPAYNTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TPAYNTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TPAYNTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TPAYNTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TPAYNTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TPAYNTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TPAYNTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    At 119 pounds, you need to focus more on eating as much as you can. As far as supplements go, I'd suggest some preworkout to help with the energy to workout. However, if you eat more you may feel better and not even need the preworkout.
    Curret Best Meet Lifts
    SQ- 606lbs
    BP- 424lbs
    DL-738lbs
    T- 1,752 lbs
    @ 198 lbs. Raw without wraps

Follow me on Instagram @TPAYNTER

beameupscotty is just really nice. (+1000) beameupscotty is just really nice. (+1000) beameupscotty is just really nice. (+1000) beameupscotty is just really nice. (+1000) beameupscotty is just really nice. (+1000) beameupscotty is just really nice. (+1000) beameupscotty is just really nice. (+1000) beameupscotty is just really nice. (+1000) beameupscotty is just really nice. (+1000) beameupscotty is just really nice. (+1000) beameupscotty is just really nice. (+1000)
    You could possibly use a pre-workout, but if your calorie intake is too low you're going to feel weak and lethargic no matter what. Think of your body as a car. You can add performance enhancing things all day but if you have no gas (food) then you will not be going anywhere.

TPAYNTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TPAYNTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TPAYNTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TPAYNTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TPAYNTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TPAYNTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TPAYNTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TPAYNTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TPAYNTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TPAYNTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) TPAYNTER has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by beameupscotty View Post
    You could possibly use a pre-workout, but if your calorie intake is too low you're going to feel weak and lethargic no matter what. Think of your body as a car. You can add performance enhancing things all day but if you have no gas (food) then you will not be going anywhere.
    Exactly what I'm saying. I think we could all agree that more food or even more specifically a good bit of carbs an hour or so before working out would be better for him than rely on the perceived energy from caffeine.
    Curret Best Meet Lifts
    SQ- 606lbs
    BP- 424lbs
    DL-738lbs
    T- 1,752 lbs
    @ 198 lbs. Raw without wraps

Follow me on Instagram @TPAYNTER

bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Is there any energy booster of some kind, that allows me continue for more than 9 hours of daily physical extreme exercise? How can I cope with this? I seem to be unable to do it anymore without any help.

Thanks for you input,
    IronB4G
    What exactly would this be?

The best recommendation that anybody here can give you is to iron out your diet before "starting" any supplements. Supplements can be helpful, but your diet will determine your results.

A good diet that is sufficient in calories will ALSO determine recovery.
    Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle...." - Psalms 144:1

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

As for now, not much!

6. AM : At home, before leaving to work: a peice of fruit and a glass of chocolat milk. Add in 2 whole eggs and 3 egg whites

10. AM : At work, break to eat something: 2 sandwishes with cheese or something Use chicken on your sandwiches and have an apple on the side

01.PM : At work, Lunch: chicken or grilled pork meat.... with chick pea, beans or rice this is fine add 1 TBSP oli to your stirfry

8 / 9 PM: Dinner - when I get home: soup and some fish or meat. 8oz Chicken/Beef + 1 cup or rice or 2 potatoes + Veggies

see bold.

Originally Posted by MillerTime07 View Post
    Supplements will never made up a lacking diet. General health supplements are great. But, you're going to need to be in a surplus if you want to put on muscle. The Nutrition section has some great threads and information.
    This your diet needs a LOT of work first before adding any supps

Eat in a caloric surplus, meaning eating more kcals than you need to maintain in order to gain muscle, size, and strength.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/mus...mass-gain.html
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/mus...-gains-qa.html
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/mus...ass-gains.html
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/mus...ass-gains.html

Philosophies, Macro intake, training , and cardio articles for you to understand and help set up what you need to do before moving forward towards more supplements or advanced workout routines.

KaiSchafroth is a name known to all. (+5000) KaiSchafroth is a name known to all. (+5000) KaiSchafroth is a name known to all. (+5000) KaiSchafroth is a name known to all. (+5000) KaiSchafroth is a name known to all. (+5000) KaiSchafroth is a name known to all. (+5000) KaiSchafroth is a name known to all. (+5000) KaiSchafroth is a name known to all. (+5000) KaiSchafroth is a name known to all. (+5000) KaiSchafroth is a name known to all. (+5000) KaiSchafroth is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by The Solution View Post

-snip-

Chef Bob and some of the others hit the proverbial nail on the head. Start with your diet - supplements are just that, to supplement (add to) what you're already doing. Ensuring you're eating sufficiently will help in a ton of areas relative to your goals and realistically, we can recommend various supplements (even general health ones) but they won't override a lacking nutritional plan/intake.

While more up for personal variance/stimulant tolerance - if you're already drained by the end of the workday; popping an energy/caffeine supplement might just result in crashing harder after, or worse, mid-workout. Myself, I know if I've either had a crap night of sleep or am trying to other wise hit the gym when totally dead; pre-workouts tend to make me feel more jittery and sort of cracked out rather than just focused and ready to lift.
    The Journey (PL log) - /showthread.php?t=167321531
    IG - kaischafroth

148/67.5 sleeved
    Best Lifts - S: 375/170 B: 225/102 D: 465/210
    Last Meet - S: 375/170 B: 210/95.5 D: 441/200 @ 145bw 10/22/16
    First Meet - S: 347/157.5 B: 204/92.5 D: 441/200 @ 145bw 11/07/15

PAST LOGS/REVIEWS - /showthread.php?t=168726943

bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bdillingham5 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TPAYNTER View Post
    Exactly what I'm saying. I think we could all agree that more food or even more specifically a good bit of carbs an hour or so before working out would be better for him than rely on the perceived energy from caffeine.
    Agreed
    Blessed be the Lord, my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle...." - Psalms 144:1

Thanks a lot for the input guys!!

The Solution - You have the same heigh as me. I want to grow lean; I rather prefer small amounts of consistent grow, but lean mass, than bulking in winter and the cut for the summer. That's a concept I don't want to go for.

bdillingham5 physical extreme exercise would be carrying brinks, loaded wheelbarrows around the construction site, demolishing walls, stuff like that.

After reading your comments this is what I intend to do: no suplements (except for fish oil) until nex january. I'll try to eat better and hit the iron hardest that I can in these 3 months.

I will also make some diet canges as sugest by The Solution. Something like this:

6. AM : Oatmeal and a piece and fruit. (I've heard a lot of cocoa powder affects negatively our imunitary system?)

10. AM: 2 whole eggs (can I use them here instead of breakfast?) ; 2 sandwiches (the quality of carbs are higher in brown bread? or can I use "normal bread?") ; chicken or turkey ; 1 apple // other times, I may eat 1 canned tuna sandwish and 1 apple

01.PM: Same.

05. PM: At work - I would apreciate some sugestions for carbs to eat just before leaving work. I take 30 min work-gym. So a natural pre-workout food.

06. PM: After wokout - 1 banana.

8 / 9 PM: Dinner - The same. I can cook everything! but rice!! It always geta a oatmeal consitency, and I like it "lose"... and i find hard to eat it the way i cook it lol, so maybe pasta to replace it?

That's it! Please tell me what you think of these new adjustments.

I think this is a fairly good way to start with before jumping into sups next january!

Thank you!
    Last edited by ironb4g; 09-22-2014 at 03:15 AM.

kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Have more simple carbs around your training. Maybe some BCAAS together with some Gatorade.
    Definately increase your calories and maybe start taking creatine.
    Myprotein's Official Bodybuilding.com Representative
    Europe's #1 Online Sports Nutrition Brand
    US Site: us.myprotein.com
    Rest of the world: myprotein.com

Fuel Your Ambition!

Thanks a lot for the input guys!!

The Solution - You have the same heigh as me. I want to grow lean; I rather prefer small amounts of consistent grow, but lean mass, than bulking in winter and the cut for the summer. That's a concept I don't want to go for.

You need to eat period to grow, your not going to do so by not feeding the body adequate kcals... period
    After reading your comments this is what I intend to do: no suplements (except for fish oil) until nex january. I'll try to eat better and hit the iron hardest that I can in these 3 months.

I will also make some diet canges as sugest by The Solution. Something like this:

6. AM : Oatmeal and a piece and fruit. (I've heard a lot of cocoa powder affects negatively our imunitary system?)

Add protein like i said the eggs... and you dont need to eat 6 times a day... 4 would be fine ... more is not always better and its more optimal on msucle protein synthesis

10. AM: 2 whole eggs (can I use them here instead of breakfast?) ; 2 sandwiches (the quality of carbs are higher in brown bread? or can I use "normal bread?") ; chicken or turkey ; 1 apple // other times, I may eat 1 canned tuna sandwish and 1 apple

Bread does not matter, total calories does, eat white or wheat or rye it does not matter.. i would still suggest getting good fat sources here, add the eggs to meal 1 --- 2 whole and 3-4 white

01.PM: Same.

Add a fat source to Meal 2/3 because your lacking it unless you use like ground turkey or ground beef for your fat source.

05. PM: At work - I would apreciate some sugestions for carbs to eat just before leaving work. I take 30 min work-gym. So a natural pre-workout food.

Rice, Potatoes, Pasta, Trail Mix, Granola etc... Have a whey shake + 2tbsp PB and then some carbs on the side, banana works too with some trail mix + granola or a poptart something short and simple

06. PM: After wokout - 1 banana.

Drop this and just move to dinner

8 / 9 PM: Dinner - The same. I can cook everything! but rice!! It always geta a oatmeal consitency, and I like it "lose"... and i find hard to eat it the way i cook it lol, so maybe pasta to replace it?

8oz Chicken/Beef if you use chicken add 1 TBSP Olive oil, 1 cup of pasta or rice + Veggies

That's it! Please tell me what you think of these new adjustments.

I think this is a fairly good way to start with before jumping into sups next january!

Thank you!
    Above.. You need more food. Period.

The Solution Reeped !

But please tell me, which are the benefits in having the eggs at breakfast rathar than in the second meal?

I thought what matters the most was the daily total amount of calories/proteins/carbs/etc .

And I was trying [s]not to take any suplements[/s] like whey for start. Only in 3 months from now.

I forgot to mention: I have a lot of veggies at dinner (brocoli, green bean, carrots....) and I drink 3 liters (101 oz) water at work...

The Solution Reeped !

But please tell me, which are the benefits in having the eggs at breakfast rathar than in the second meal?

I thought what matters the most was the daily total amount of calories/proteins/carbs/etc .

And I was trying [s]not to take any suplements[/s] like whey for start. Only in 3 months from now.

I forgot to mention: I have a lot of veggies at dinner (brocoli, green bean, carrots....) and I drink 3 liters (101 oz) water at work...
    Why just have oatmeal and fruit? Thats what i am wondering?

protein feedings have been shown spaced 4-6 hours apart have been superior for Muscle protein synthesis,
    http://www.biolayne.com/wp-content/u...-Tech-2008.pdf

i would be sure to include protein at your feedings and space them out.

Ok, I will try to add some eggs on breakfast.

Although I will start to use protein powder just in january, I may have some fish oil and multivitamin.

Regarding the fish oil, what should I ask for? Just "fish oil", or an oil from some fish in particular?

Adequate EPA/DHA (2-3g worth) Oxi-Omega will be the best bang for your buck.

Ok, I will try to add some eggs on breakfast.

Although I will start to use protein powder just in january, I may have some fish oil and multivitamin.

Regarding the fish oil, what should I ask for? Just "fish oil", or an oil from some fish in particular?