imdrax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imdrax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imdrax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imdrax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imdrax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imdrax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imdrax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imdrax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imdrax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imdrax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imdrax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Ideal arm size for female looking to compete Bikini category?

Hi all, my GF is looking for some feedback on her current size/physique taking into account she is hoping to compete in bikini class. She is 5'2 125lbs with fairly high BF% at the moment (mainly in her arm and under butt). Her main concern is if her arm size is too big for bikini? Currently at 12.5" flexed. Any thoughts? Also, any other comments on parts of body that need to be bigger/smaller for bikini?
    Attached Images

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    She looks great bikini will not require flexing and having a nice butt (...bigger but tight) is very popular with judges. She won't have a problem.

DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Curious where you see "fairly high body fat."

But as to your original question - she looks great and I agree with Sonti.
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

rekenn256 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DaniGrrl View Post

But as to your original question - she looks great and I agree with Sonti.
    Yeah I agree!
    I workout not because I hate my body, but because I love it & it's the only one I have!

Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lunu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DaniGrrl View Post
    Yes, I was not expecting to see that when I opened the picture! She looks great.

imdrax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imdrax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imdrax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imdrax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imdrax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imdrax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imdrax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imdrax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imdrax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imdrax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) imdrax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    "high BF%" may have been a little misleading, mainly her body stores all fat in arms and back of legs in the glute/ham tie in. So until she drops much lower to the 10-13% range she will seemingly get virtually no definition in her arms or legs as they are the last to cut down. Whereas, if you were to look strictly at her midsection (1st photo attachment) you would guess she is already in that range when in fact she is probably up around 15-18%. In the 2nd attachment you can see her next to Michelle Lewin and shes definitely lacking the definition and vascularity in the arms. And in the 3rd attachment you can see the arm size difference next to Jessica Aravelo.

So I guess then the main question we have is, at her current size would cutting down to ~12-13% without much muscle loss be ideal for Bikini? Or would it be advised to drop some muscle mass from the arms/shoulders with the cut?

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    She doesn't need to lose muscle, in fact she may need more in her shoulders as bikini does want to see general overall muscle with soft definition and tight lines.

And bikini isn't looking for vascularity. That's mostly genetic anyway, but she doesn't need veins or striations for bikini.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

Violettt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Violettt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Violettt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Violettt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Violettt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Violettt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Violettt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Violettt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Violettt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Violettt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Violettt has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I can't offer advice but just wanted to say your gf looks great!
    ~Team Dymatize~

bodybuilding.com/store/dym/dym.htm
    instagram.com/dymatize
    ********.com/dymatize
    twitter.com/dymatize

PERFECTING ATHLETIC NUTRITION

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the
    official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

IG: sarahvyx

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by megdaig View Post
    She doesn't need to lose muscle, in fact she may need more in her shoulders as bikini does want to see general overall muscle with soft definition and tight lines.

And bikini isn't looking for vascularity. That's mostly genetic anyway, but she doesn't need veins or striations for bikini.
    I agree with this. She looks really good, but still may need more mass in the shoulders/arms, especially if she holds more fat there, as this will "shrink" when dieting. Its going to be about balance for her as she has a great midsection but for bikini, she is going to have to be careful not to get "too hard" in the abs before the arms and legs come in.

Also wanted to add, be careful in choosing which competitions to enter. Judging can be all over the place, and the judges seem to award what shows up rather than one look. So if she is the only "hard" girl out of a bunch of softer, smaller girls, then she may not place well. We have a few competitions in our area that are know for smaller, softer girls showing up. So i would suggest researching the comps well, maybe have a few in mind, and then dieting down to see what she ends up looking like before comitting to one.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

DulceJello is on a distinguished road. (+10) DulceJello is on a distinguished road. (+10) DulceJello is on a distinguished road. (+10) DulceJello is on a distinguished road. (+10) DulceJello is on a distinguished road. (+10) DulceJello is on a distinguished road. (+10) DulceJello is on a distinguished road. (+10) DulceJello is on a distinguished road. (+10) DulceJello is on a distinguished road. (+10) DulceJello is on a distinguished road. (+10) DulceJello is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    wow, your girlfriend is looking great! I want her body fat levels!
    Come visit my page website: www.UnicornDroppings.com
    Watch me on Youtube to catch up on games and general shenanigans ;)

Originally Posted by rockangel View Post
    I agree with this. She looks really good, but still may need more mass in the shoulders/arms, especially if she holds more fat there, as this will "shrink" when dieting. Its going to be about balance for her as she has a great midsection but for bikini, she is going to have to be careful not to get "too hard" in the abs before the arms and legs come in.

Also wanted to add, be careful in choosing which competitions to enter. Judging can be all over the place, and the judges seem to award what shows up rather than one look. So if she is the only "hard" girl out of a bunch of softer, smaller girls, then she may not place well. We have a few competitions in our area that are know for smaller, softer girls showing up. So i would suggest researching the comps well, maybe have a few in mind, and then dieting down to see what she ends up looking like before comitting to one.
    Yea, the one bikini competition she did a couple years back she didnt place and everyone told her it was because she had hard look, they said if it was a hardbody contest she would have won by a mile haha.
    Attached Images

Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50) Big_Dip will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your girlfriend looks fantastic man. Her arms are not too small for bikini! I'm 12.5 flexed!
    Hoping to bench 200 someday

pitbull1227 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pitbull1227 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pitbull1227 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pitbull1227 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pitbull1227 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pitbull1227 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pitbull1227 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pitbull1227 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pitbull1227 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pitbull1227 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pitbull1227 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    She could honestly enter bikini or figure. Tell her to whichever she'd enjoy more and stop over thinking things
    Gym - 315/175/300 (Current)
    Meet - 300/165/300 (10/28/15)
    RPS Pro Level Powerlifter