lisamarie061 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lisamarie061 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lisamarie061 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lisamarie061 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lisamarie061 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lisamarie061 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lisamarie061 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lisamarie061 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lisamarie061 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lisamarie061 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lisamarie061 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

My booty is getting firmer but smaller :(

I am currently on a calorie deficit and calculating my macros everyday. I'm at around 1200 - 1400 calories everyday 5-6 meals a day.

My goal is to drop my body fat, tone up and build a nice round butt.

I started out at 147lbs and now I am at 136 lbs (5'2")

I work out 4-5 days a week and since I've been weight training, I notice that my butt is lifted and tight however it's smaller.

Do I need to be eating a surplus in order to build a better butt? How can I do this without gaining the weight back.

Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cara0915 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Many women store extra fat in their butt, so when you're eating at a deficit, you're going to lose fat, from wherever your body decides it's going to lose it from.
    There is no building while in a deficit

chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by lisamarie061 View Post

Do I need to be eating a surplus in order to build a better butt? How can I do this without gaining the weight back.
    From your post, it sounds like you want to increase the size of your ass, without adding body weight? Think about that.
    My band: www.thesunexplodes.com

lisamarie061 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lisamarie061 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lisamarie061 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lisamarie061 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lisamarie061 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lisamarie061 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lisamarie061 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lisamarie061 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lisamarie061 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lisamarie061 is on a distinguished road. (+10) lisamarie061 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by chamelious View Post
    From your post, it sounds like you want to increase the size of your ass, without adding body weight? Think about that.
    I'm fine with adding body weight. I just don't know how to do it correctly because I'm a beginner.
    I've been doing good so far on my diet and havebeen losing weight.
    Just want to know in order to gain size, what's the right way to eat and exercises since I'm doing it all wrong by lifting and hoping to gain size even though I'm on a deficit

Originally Posted by chamelious View Post
    And what I meant is that since I need to be on a surplus to build the muscle, I don't want to gain all the fat back while doing so. Not as in increasing the size while losing more weight

TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TorreTornado is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I am going to try to explain this the best way I can so it makes sense. We all have a certain shape genetically. We can change it to some extent with diet, exercise, and weights. Some women have larger breasts, wider hips, naturally larger bums (not fat just naturally high and perky and round). Those women, can work out their bums and since they naturally have a larger bum, it stays full and round and they don't lose much in the way of size. Look at competitors on the stage. Some have really round glutes, others, while tight and firm are not as round. You have to put serious time into building the muscle to build it up and better it, like YEARS. If you are in a caloric deficit you are going to lose fat, you cannot decide where it comes from. Most women can achieve a larger bum by just gaining fat. Larger? yes! Firm, tight, shapely, attractive? Probably not (depending on who you ask of course). With that said, you cannot control where you lose weight from. I was your weight (we are the same height too) when I met my husband and my a$$ was large and in charge but it looked awful without clothes on (not insinuating yours doesn't look good neked, I didn't work out then). I am not MEANT to have that large of a booty, even if I build it and work it out, it will probably never be the best attribute on my body. I just have to come to terms with that. I have some other AWESOME features and those are the ones I focus on. I eat to gain muscle, I work the HELL out of my body and let the cards fall where they will. You can only improve a body part so much. It may never be the butt you'd dreamed of but it will be a sign of all your work that has paid off.
    Can't isn't in my vocab.

Calf press: 115
    Squats: 135
    Deads: 185
    SLDL: 125
    Overhead press: 60
    Bicep curls: 40
    Bench: 75

Registered User SleeveStretchin's Avatar
    SleeveStretchin is just really nice. (+1000) SleeveStretchin is just really nice. (+1000) SleeveStretchin is just really nice. (+1000) SleeveStretchin is just really nice. (+1000) SleeveStretchin is just really nice. (+1000) SleeveStretchin is just really nice. (+1000) SleeveStretchin is just really nice. (+1000) SleeveStretchin is just really nice. (+1000) SleeveStretchin is just really nice. (+1000) SleeveStretchin is just really nice. (+1000) SleeveStretchin is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by lisamarie061 View Post
    I am currently on a calorie deficit and calculating my macros everyday. I'm at around 1200 - 1400 calories everyday 5-6 meals a day.

My goal is to drop my body fat, tone up and build a nice round butt.

I started out at 147lbs and now I am at 136 lbs (5'2")

I work out 4-5 days a week and since I've been weight training, I notice that my butt is lifted and tight however it's smaller.

Hey, I love you.

Originally Posted by TorreTornado View Post
    I am going to try to explain this the best way I can so it makes sense. We all have a certain shape genetically. We can change it to some extent with diet, exercise, and weights. Some women have larger breasts, wider hips, naturally larger bums (not fat just naturally high and perky and round). Those women, can work out their bums and since they naturally have a larger bum, it stays full and round and they don't lose much in the way of size. Look at competitors on the stage. Some have really round glutes, others, while tight and firm are not as round. You have to put serious time into building the muscle to build it up and better it, like YEARS. If you are in a caloric deficit you are going to lose fat, you cannot decide where it comes from. Most women can achieve a larger bum by just gaining fat. Larger? yes! Firm, tight, shapely, attractive? Probably not (depending on who you ask of course). With that said, you cannot control where you lose weight from. I was your weight (we are the same height too) when I met my husband and my a$$ was large and in charge but it looked awful without clothes on (not insinuating yours doesn't look good neked, I didn't work out then). I am not MEANT to have that large of a booty, even if I build it and work it out, it will probably never be the best attribute on my body. I just have to come to terms with that. I have some other AWESOME features and those are the ones I focus on. I eat to gain muscle, I work the HELL out of my body and let the cards fall where they will. You can only improve a body part so much. It may never be the butt you'd dreamed of but it will be a sign of all your work that has paid off.
    Thank you for your helpful feedback!! Totally understood. Since I've lost weight and been lifting, my butt looks a lot better naked honestly. It's firm and lifted. I just thought it's possibly to build it and gain size. I'm not expecting like Kim Kardashian butt I just want to build a shapely round butt.

So I guess my plan is to stay on a deficit for another 2,3 weeks see if I can lose some more body fat and then onto packing on muscle.

I mainly wanted to build a bigger butt so that I can look more proportionate (fuller chest 34DD, maybe bigger).

rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rdferguson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    When you're ready to start building, just add a little bit more energy back into your diet at a time. If you're currently on 1,400kcal/day, then do a week at 1,500, then a week at 1,600, etc, until you're steadily gaining about 1-2lb/month. When weight gain plateaus, hurray, you get to add another 100kcal/day into your diet.

Well, that's the more ideal way to do it. Alternatively, you can make like me and every other lazy mofo out there and just slap another 500kcal right back into your diet, right away (actually, I'm so lazy that I absolutely guestimate most of my energy consumption, and don't really think about it unless my weight/shape is changing in a way I don't want it to).
    SQ 172.5kg. BP 105kg. DL 200kg. OHP 62.5kg @ 67.3kg

Greg Everett says: "You take someone who's totally sedentary and you can get 'em stronger by making them pick their nose vigorously for an hour a day."

Sometimes I write things about training: modernstrengthtraining.wordpress.com