zearpzearp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Bulk/Cut advice for basketball season

Beginner here, started about 3 months ago bulking and ive been serious about the nutrition for about a month now. I started at 165 and im now 174. I was gonna continue my bulk until i was about 190 or 200, but basketball season starts in a little over the month so id have to eat a **** load more to make up for the cardio. My question is what do you guys suggest. I wouldnt mind a cut because honestly my belly and thighs are kinda fat but i also dont have a lot of mass on me. if it matters im 5'10

WhiskeyDavid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WhiskeyDavid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WhiskeyDavid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WhiskeyDavid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WhiskeyDavid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WhiskeyDavid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WhiskeyDavid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WhiskeyDavid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WhiskeyDavid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WhiskeyDavid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WhiskeyDavid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by zearpzearp View Post
    Beginner here, started about 3 months ago bulking and ive been serious about the nutrition for about a month now. I started at 165 and im now 174. I was gonna continue my bulk until i was about 190 or 200, but basketball season starts in a little over the month so id have to eat a **** load more to make up for the cardio. My question is what do you guys suggest. I wouldnt mind a cut because honestly my belly and thighs are kinda fat but i also dont have a lot of mass on me. if it matters im 5'10
    OP, do what you think will give you the best edge during the season. What position do you play? If you're playing a position like power forward/center I'd probably eat a bit more and put on a bit more weight just so that you can have a bigger stature and be able to apply it towards boxing out and getting rebounds. If you play a quicker position SG/PG etc, i'd do what I could to stay as fast, quick, and agile as I could.

So whatever you feel will give you the best edge is where you have to go. You are sport specific so therefore it's important that you keep up and improve aspects of your game that will put you at your best. Just have to ask yourself the question of whether bulking or cutting will get you to do that. Hope that helped.
    " You're either motivated by a dream or a nightmare."

*USC Trojans - New York Giants*

bigk317 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigk317 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigk317 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigk317 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigk317 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigk317 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigk317 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigk317 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigk317 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigk317 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bigk317 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I used to play bball and during season all I would try to do is maintain my weight. I doubt being a beginner you have enough mass to cut (no offense we all were at that point). All depends on how committed you are to basketball as well, but I would just continue lifting and eating a lot just to maintain then once basketball is over see what you want to do.