emmaaa92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need some help/advice please :)

Hey everyone,

I am a 22 year old female and have been going to the gym for about 6 months now, i do about 25-30 mins cardio and then about 15-20 weights training, however i think i am doing something wrong or need to change what i am doing because my shoulders are getting too big and my arms too, i do low weights and more reps should it be the other way round or what do i need to do? I usually use weights machines dont really use free weights. I started the gym to get get fitter and healthier as i have asthma and it helps that. i have become a lot fitter which i am happy about however i am now gaining too much muscle if that makes sense?

Thanks in advance for your help

BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by emmaaa92 View Post
    Hey everyone,

I am a 22 year old female and have been going to the gym for about 6 months now, i do about 25-30 mins cardio and then about 15-20 weights training, however i think i am doing something wrong or need to change what i am doing because my shoulders are getting too big and my arms too, i do low weights and more reps should it be the other way round or what do i need to do? I usually use weights machines dont really use free weights. I started the gym to get get fitter and healthier as i have asthma and it helps that. i have become a lot fitter which i am happy about however i am now gaining too much muscle if that makes sense?

Thanks in advance for your help
    What are your goals?

More or less mass ultimately comes down to nutrition. You won't gain muscle, or fat for that matter, if you're not eating to support it. Likewise, you won't lose muscle or fat if you aren't eating to support it.

**I once was a fat little hippo... BubsNBean's journey back to healthy**
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170112133

emmaaa92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I know everyone hates the word 'tone' but when i started the gym i wanted to get fit and get my stomach arms and legs 'toned'

I eat a lot of meat in my diet which i always have done just purely out of pleasure, however i eat a lot of fruit and veg, rarely eat any rubbish foods, i am pretty slim but i have always had big thighs and big arms/shoulders but since doing weights i think they seem to me (and family members) to have got bigger (more muscle) Do i need to change my diet?

Thanks
    Originally Posted by BubsNBean View Post
    What are your goals?

More or less mass ultimately comes down to nutrition. You won't gain muscle, or fat for that matter, if you're not eating to support it. Likewise, you won't lose muscle or fat if you aren't eating to support it.

EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) EPolis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Can you post pics of what your physique looks like? I have a feeling you think you're a lot more muscular than you really are.

To Bubs' point, how MUCH are you eating, do you know? How many cals? Macros?