miller220 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Recently Certified NASM, not sure where to start, suggestions?

I've been lifting for a few years, you woulnd't guess it by looking at me though unfortunately (This is issue #1, currently being adressed. Working on my weak spots, filling out finally. Who knew lats were so much damned fun?)

My question is..Where do I start? I understand part of selling my services will mean I need to be in better shape, and that is something that I can work on..but I'm looking for suggestions as to what it takes to get into a gym, and which gyms will be most friendly to new trainers. I perused craigslist and all I got were cross-fit gyms, and people that were looking for trainers with 2+ years of experience. I'm not looking to get into a gym where I have 6 figure earning potential. I'm looking to just make better money while I'm in school, and get the **** out of kitchen work. Suggestions? I'm willing to try just about anything if it means that I'll help my future clients see the results they're looking for. I'm going to start with switching my own training over from the all-pro intermediate program to OPT, and cleaning up my eating. So..besides looking the part of a PT, what other suggestions do you guys have?

EDIT: I also know that part of it is designing really good programs, I have a brother and a few frinends I plan on training just as a trial run, so that way I don't go into a gym in a few months totally cold.

extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) extremenergy3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sticky thread at the top of the Personal Trainers section......... Direction toward a career in fitness: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=120445081
    [Fat Loss|Nutrition|www.MRTIMOTHYLEE.com|Training|ContestPrep]

I'm an idiot. Thank you. HAVE SOME REP, EVEN THOUGH YOU CLEARLY DON'T EVEN NEED IT

94beastmode is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 94beastmode is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 94beastmode is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 94beastmode is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 94beastmode is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 94beastmode is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 94beastmode is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 94beastmode is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 94beastmode is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 94beastmode is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) 94beastmode is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    You can start by improving your body to get take seriously as a pt.

Originally Posted by 94beastmode View Post
    That wen't without saying. That was something that I knew I would have to do when I purchased the book. First thing I'm doing is getting all my imbalances worked out..Its sad how dumb I was up until the past year or so. How much time I've wasted. Then the eating. Though I've been losing a poundish a week...I've got a long road ahead of me. But those stickies.

klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) klaximilian is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Have some red for your asinine comment.
    Snapchat/Instagram: Mimsthe3rd

T/K Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168429013

KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) KAFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hopefully you meant that lightly. As a personal trainer you don't have to look like Brad Pitt but you have to at least look "knowledgable". I've known many PT's who were slightly overweight but produced excellent results.

For the OP, corporate gyms are always open to hiring new trainers. Work on improving your knowledge in all aspects of fitness/nutrition, find out your specialty/niche, you can possibly shadow experienced trainers, take up workshops/seminars/conferences, references as PTs help too if you know anyone.

As personal trainers, we basically are salesman. We sale our knowledge to produce results both physical and psychological. So when you're getting interviewed you should be able to display that you can sell your self. Why would someone hire you? Better yet, why would a potential client want to train with you?
    Keith Alpichi , B.S. in Kinesiology, CPT, and Founder of KA Fitness & Athletics

Online personal training (Personalized exercise and nutritional programming via online training software application)
    Bootcamp group training & sports performance training based out of San Jose, Ca

Visit www.keithalpichi.com
    For training and business inquiries please email keith@keithalpichi.com