heaviestj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heaviestj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heaviestj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heaviestj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heaviestj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heaviestj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heaviestj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heaviestj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heaviestj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heaviestj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heaviestj is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Few carbs, more DOMS

Pre-keto my DOMS were almost non-existent. I use a product (Not on bb.com) that contains microlactin, as well as zinc/magnesium etc. that has helped tremendously (Especially with sleep).

Since starting keto the begining of August, I've noticed that my DOMS are getting worse. Sometimes I'll train quads/calves on Monday, won't get the DOMS until Wednesday, then Friday comes around and I train them again and, while sore, and then I get 2 days without DOMS, but 2 days later they come back (Was that confusing?).

My training hasn't changed (MI40). A good 40 day program, followed by 2 weeks off, and then start all over again. Pre-workout I've got BCAA's along with non-stimulants like creatine, betaine, beta-alinine. I consume 1 or 2 scoops more BCCA during my workout. Post-workout is usually a full meal, high fat, moderate protein, carbs in whatever comes with 100 grams of avocados, broccoli or spinach (My go to veggies).

Yesterday I trained shoulders/triceps and when I got home I had to fix some stuff at my workstation (PC). I got on the ground to start working away, but when I tried to push myself up, my triceps weren't liking it. No pain, no soreness, just complete no power left in them. I thought I was going to hyper-extend at the elbow if I wasn't careful. I had to grab onto the door and pull myself up.

Someone had mentioned that the lack of carbs might be causing DOMS and slowing recovery. Some had suggested taking in carbs post-workout on workout days or on days were I destroy my muscles (Happens once a week, depending on the body part that is lagging). The idea was that the carbs would be timed in a way that would keep me in keto and on off days I'd still be in keto. I'm looking for the science behind any of this, or some advice from those on here. I don't mind the DOMS, depending on where they are. Chest is fine, feels good. Back I hate, makes it harder to work that day.

Or perhaps supplementing with something pre-post workout that I'm not already taking? Goal is fat loss, muscle retention.

jrharvey5923 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jrharvey5923 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jrharvey5923 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jrharvey5923 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jrharvey5923 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jrharvey5923 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jrharvey5923 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jrharvey5923 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jrharvey5923 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jrharvey5923 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jrharvey5923 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by heaviestj View Post
    Pre-keto my DOMS were almost non-existent. I use a product (Not on bb.com) that contains microlactin, as well as zinc/magnesium etc. that has helped tremendously (Especially with sleep).

Since starting keto the begining of August, I've noticed that my DOMS are getting worse. Sometimes I'll train quads/calves on Monday, won't get the DOMS until Wednesday, then Friday comes around and I train them again and, while sore, and then I get 2 days without DOMS, but 2 days later they come back (Was that confusing?).

My training hasn't changed (MI40). A good 40 day program, followed by 2 weeks off, and then start all over again. Pre-workout I've got BCAA's along with non-stimulants like creatine, betaine, beta-alinine. I consume 1 or 2 scoops more BCCA during my workout. Post-workout is usually a full meal, high fat, moderate protein, carbs in whatever comes with 100 grams of avocados, broccoli or spinach (My go to veggies).

Yesterday I trained shoulders/triceps and when I got home I had to fix some stuff at my workstation (PC). I got on the ground to start working away, but when I tried to push myself up, my triceps weren't liking it. No pain, no soreness, just complete no power left in them. I thought I was going to hyper-extend at the elbow if I wasn't careful. I had to grab onto the door and pull myself up.

Someone had mentioned that the lack of carbs might be causing DOMS and slowing recovery. Some had suggested taking in carbs post-workout on workout days or on days were I destroy my muscles (Happens once a week, depending on the body part that is lagging). The idea was that the carbs would be timed in a way that would keep me in keto and on off days I'd still be in keto. I'm looking for the science behind any of this, or some advice from those on here. I don't mind the DOMS, depending on where they are. Chest is fine, feels good. Back I hate, makes it harder to work that day.

Or perhaps supplementing with something pre-post workout that I'm not already taking? Goal is fat loss, muscle retention.
    Do you get enough electrolytes? It sounds like a problem I had when I was eating TOO natural. I wasn't getting enough sodium/potassium along with keto that flushes out excess water already. I was actually staying pretty dehydrated. I load up on them now though and no more issues.

JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JWoodCF10 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Before I changed my diet plan, I was training on the hope of loosing weight.

It did not work.

Started to sort out the diet, got motivated, then fracking hammered the gym. My DOMS went through the roof. But it had nothing to do with what I was eating and a lot to do with how I was feeling.

Not saying its the same for you, but if you are eating a good balanced diet, and hitting your macro's it might be something to think about.

Incidentally, try fish oils 3gm post work out. They are pretty good (ok very good) at reducing inflammation.
    Things that are free have no value!

DL 150kg
    Squat 130kg
    BP 100kg
    Press (shamefully) 45kg

heaviestj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heaviestj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heaviestj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heaviestj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heaviestj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heaviestj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heaviestj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heaviestj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heaviestj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heaviestj is a jewel in the rough. (+500) heaviestj is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I take in 3 grams fish oil in the morning and before bed each day.

I thought it may have been an electrolyte problem. I do add salt to all my food but not enough potassium maybe? I bought myself some NutriForce Sports Balanced Hydration from bb.com (It arrived today) and will be using this to see if it does anything for me. Took my first scoop, will have some one more before bed. Tomorrow is back day, will go in properly hydrated (Although I thought I've been pretty hydrated with just water and salt...but maybe not) and I'll see how I feel in the following days.

No real sports drinks in Japan. Not that I'd drink Gatorade, Gatorade is actually band in Japan. Something in the ingredients. There's a Japanese version without it, but it's not keto friendly either.

raskolAU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) raskolAU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) raskolAU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) raskolAU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) raskolAU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) raskolAU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) raskolAU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) raskolAU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) raskolAU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) raskolAU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) raskolAU has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Generally people recover better in ketosis, do you stretch well after workouts? Maybe it's a muscle tightness thing?

Originally Posted by raskolAU View Post
    Generally people recover better in ketosis, do you stretch well after workouts? Maybe it's a muscle tightness thing?
    No, I've never really stretched much after workouts. As I leave the gym I stretch. When I get home I may stretch before bed just as a relaxing technique. But this feeling is particularly new to me. I don't think lack of stretching is what is causing the increased DOMS but I will make an effort to stretch more after my workout to see if it helps.

Looton has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Looton has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Looton has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Looton has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Looton has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Looton has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Looton has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Looton has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Looton has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Looton has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Looton has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I love Delayed Onset Muscle soreness, myself. What you describe sounds like when the ATP runs out and my type 2, fast twitch, muscle fibers and I have bonked. I can't go as heavy on keto but my joints love it and I'm making better progress using a Serge Nubret type training.

It's like I have diesel in the tank instead of race gas- lasts longer and tons of low end torque, but it doesn't hit as hard when I want to pin it.

I put salt on my grass fed organic steaks now and eat Potassium and Magnesium along with multi's...
    Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in.
    -Twain