Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thad54Castle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JimMadden1 View Post
    OK I guess I have two questions for those of you who have seen the book. Doe Defranco expect you to have a pretty accurate 1RM for your core ME movements, or is a conservative estimate OK? BLABA really required a solid 1RM. My plan is to buy Built2Last when my Oct budget starts next week, but if it requires a serious 1RM, that will make a difference for how I spend the weekend!
    Yes he wants a very specific 1 rm it's in written in big red letters on page 3 you must know your true 1rm in the bench squat and dl otherwise if you lie to yourself you will **** up the program
    Last edited by Thad54Castle; 09-27-2014 at 11:18 AM.

amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Thad54Castle View Post
    Yes he wants a very specific 1 rm it's in written in big red letters on page 3 you must know your true 1rm in the bench squat and dl otherwise if you lie to yourself you will **** up the program
    He didnt have the book when he wrote that post bud. Calm down.
    "Once more into the fray
    Into the last good fight ill ever know...
    Live and die on this day
    Live and die on this day"

krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've now seen the program. I won't give it up. What I will say is that there is nothing revolutionary. It is quite similar in its approach with a number of recent programs you've seen out there.

It's actually quite similar in structure to what I use outside group work. It's interesting that the more someone puts longevity as the priority, rather than short-term gains, the closer you get to a good sports program.

I think exercise selection is odd and contradicts a few points in the introduction, as well. On the subject of 1RM, this is one area where the book contradicts itself. Joe says it's not a powerlifting program. Then, he demands an exact 1RM. Then, he claims it is designed to increase Bench Press and Squat as a priority. Then, he uses exercises which have only a passing relationship with the original lift.

That said, if you want a decent routine that you don't have to think too much about, this will do the job. If you like to tinker, don't get it.

Edit: Joe is highly knowledgeable and produces good work. This is not meant as a jab. I just think that if you're the sort of person who thinks enough to ask questions on a message board, you're not going to get the value from it. You'll either change it or discard it.
    Last edited by krakkerz; 09-27-2014 at 08:23 PM.

Originally Posted by amar654 View Post
    He didnt have the book when he wrote that post bud. Calm down.
    It's a copy paste from page 3 you calm down bud

Originally Posted by krakkerz View Post
    I've now seen the program. I won't give it up. What I will say is that there is nothing revolutionary. It is quite similar in its approach with a number of recent programs you've seen out there.

It's actually quite similar in structure to what I use outside group work. It's interesting that the more someone puts longevity as the priority, rather than short-term gains, the closer you get to a good sports program.

I think exercise selection is odd and contradicts a few points in the introduction, as well. On the subject of 1RM, this is one area where the book contradicts itself. Joe says it's not a powerlifting program. Then, he demands an exact 1RM. Then, he claims it is designed to increase Bench Press and Squat as a priority. Then, he uses exercises which have only a passing relationship with the original lift.

That said, if you want a decent routine that you don't have to think too much about, this will do the job. If you like to tinker, don't get it.

Edit: Joe is highly knowledgeable and produces good work. This is not meant as a jab. I just think that if you're the sort of person who thinks enough to ask questions on a message board, you're not going to get the value from it. You'll either change it or discard it.

I found it for free I was a little disappointed I agree

jameshellis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I am not online too much, just curious what other programs this is similar to and how to find them. Thanks!

krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by jameshellis View Post
    I am not online too much, just curious what other programs this is similar to and how to find them. Thanks!
    When I said " if you're the sort of person who thinks enough to ask questions on a message board" I didn't mean ones asking to be spoon fed.

Registered User richieavella721's Avatar
    richieavella721 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys , I am a HUGE fan of DeFranco training programs simply because they work . I was doing his Built like a badass program and was loving it, recently I Bought his Built2last program. I can see it is his new style of training but I still like to lift heavy and I dont feel like im old enough to really focus extensivly warming u etc. Do you think I should follow his new stuff or his old program? I will give an example of week 1 of each program.

Originally Posted by richieavella721 View Post
    I dont feel like im old enough to really focus extensivly warming up.
    This is just plain ridiculous. Extensive warmups aren't used just because someone's old.

Registered User richieavella721's Avatar
    richieavella721 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is just plain ridiculous. Extensive warmups aren't used just because someone's old.
    Well I didnt mean it like that I spend 15 mins on mobilty anyway, I meant it as the program is based around longevity so It has a heavy emphasis on mobility/flexibilty and a slow cooker effect on strength gains you don't really work around 80% 90 % till the last 2 weeks .

jkhawaja12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jkhawaja12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jkhawaja12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jkhawaja12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jkhawaja12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jkhawaja12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jkhawaja12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jkhawaja12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jkhawaja12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jkhawaja12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jkhawaja12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Built2Last Program for free

Originally Posted by JimMadden1 View Post
    Thanks James. That's very helpful. I'll probably start the program next week, after I buy it and take some time to plan things out.

could you be a nice guy and send me the program of built2last if you bought it?

jkhawaja12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jkhawaja12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jkhawaja12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jkhawaja12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jkhawaja12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jkhawaja12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jkhawaja12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jkhawaja12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jkhawaja12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jkhawaja12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jkhawaja12 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by richieavella721 View Post
    Hey guys , I am a HUGE fan of DeFranco training programs simply because they work . I was doing his Built like a badass program and was loving it, recently I Bought his Built2last program. I can see it is his new style of training but I still like to lift heavy and I dont feel like im old enough to really focus extensivly warming u etc. Do you think I should follow his new stuff or his old program? I will give an example of week 1 of each program.
    could u send me the built to last program? my email is jkhawaja12@gmail.com

amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000) amar654 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jkhawaja12 View Post
    could you be a nice guy and send me the program of built2last if you bought it?
    Kid, that is called theft. No "nice guy" will do that
    "Once more into the fray
    Into the last good fight ill ever know...
    Live and die on this day
    Live and die on this day"

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Kid, just do WS4SB and quit begging like a street whore.

scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) scullin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

kidding I'm 43 as well

Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    Kid, just do WS4SB and quit begging like a street whore.
    Jeez brobeans i only wanted to see what the program was like
    Bench 235
    Squat 300
    Deadlift 285
    Hang Clean 160
    Shoulder Press 130
    40 Yard Dash: 5.0

VENI VIDI VICI

Originally Posted by amar654 View Post
    Kid, that is called theft. No "nice guy" will do that
    Sorry bromigo idk, thanks for telling me, i already got the program tho
    Bench 235
    Squat 300
    Deadlift 285
    Hang Clean 160
    Shoulder Press 130
    40 Yard Dash: 5.0

VENI VIDI VICI