Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    I am pumped as hell. Set new PR last week with a 585x7 pull. I am excited to put this bar through the paces when I get it!!! Nervous and excited. Been a while since I pulled singles and not sure where I am....I just know I am stronger
    Damn dude that is a huge pull. Congrats on the PR!

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by aclockworkoi View Post
    Damn dude that is a huge pull. Congrats on the PR!
    Thanks man. Not sure how it will translate to my 1rm. In 2 months, I went from 585x3 to 585x7 by changing my outlook and training on deads.

I tried 'formal' programs like Ed Coan's but in the end, I went back to what works for me. With deads, it is all about the mental barriers. I take a 'heavy' weight and just decided to make it light and rep it more and more.

This is where I had 'peaked' before. This was April. I missed a 620 double by just a bit. I lacked the confidence to pull through as I lost momentum.

This was my training vid from last friday. (I wear straps when repping for a number of reasons....I know....dont want to hear it )
    You can see I have gotten a lot more comfortable pulling through my sticking point. I was always afraid before.

I dont feel I have peaked yet. I am going to add 20lbs and start all over. I am thinking I should get 4-5 solid. I will then try to work up 10lbs at a time keeping the 4-5 rep range. Getting up towards 7 reps gets dangerous as I am sucking wind too hard to get a good breath to hold at the beginning of the pull.

When I start to stagnate out, I will then go up in weight and down in reps. Not sure where I will end up. But I can tell you this, my approach is very different now and focused on what works for me.
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000) aclockworkoi is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Nice pulls. No hate on the straps, definitely a good training tool. Especially because of all that weight on the bar for those reps .

Cool looking gym, is it yours? Will you keep the bar at that gym, cart it back and forth, use it at home?

EDIT: I see you have a home gym set up from your bench reps video, but same questions.
    Last edited by aclockworkoi; 09-25-2014 at 07:35 PM.

induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nice pulls. No hate on the straps, definitely a good training tool. Especially because of all that weight on the bar for those reps .

Cool looking gym, is it yours? Will you keep the bar at that gym, cart it back and forth, use it at home?

EDIT: I see you have a home gym set up from your bench reps video, but same questions.
    I used to primarily workout at home. I have a full setup. Rack, leg press/hack, dumbbells up to 120, lat pulldn with high and low pulls, cable cross, leg ext and curl, preacher bench..etc. Just about everything I need.

I started going to the place you see in the vid to get out of the house. It is a total throwback place. All old milled York plates, and dirty and nasty (in a good way). It is very geared towards powerlifting which is what got me excited to compete. (at 41 better late then never) I have never been a true 'powerlifter'. I just always lifted for a mix of physique and strength. I will probably bring the bar to that gym with me. It is a real nice atmosphere to lift in. Plus at home, my gym is on the 2nd floor and going heavy is not a great idea

Tracking still shows as mon arrival, so I should have it for sure for my next Friday session!
    RAW lifts

babylover is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) babylover is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) babylover is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) babylover is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) babylover is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) babylover is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) babylover is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) babylover is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) babylover is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) babylover is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) babylover is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I found the Okie is a touch more whippy than the Texas. As for quality the texas does seem a better bar.

I do the majority of my training with a stiff bar. For nationals next year I will transition to the Texas deadlift bar 6 weeks out and then compete on an Okie bar on the day. Every little bit of whip helps.

The deadlift bar difference really hits its stride once you get over the 700 range, that's when it becomes a bit of a different beast.

I've had issues recently with pulling 360+ (kg) because with 7 plates (6 25, 1 20) and my narrow sumo grip the flex in the bar was causing there to be two distinct break points off the ground which was a shock to deal with.

Anyway... don't train with it year round. Save it for 4-6 weeks out from a meet so it feels like christmas.

Originally Posted by babylover View Post
    I found the Okie is a touch more whippy than the Texas. As for quality the texas does seem a better bar.

I do the majority of my training with a stiff bar. For nationals next year I will transition to the Texas deadlift bar 6 weeks out and then compete on an Okie bar on the day. Every little bit of whip helps.

The deadlift bar difference really hits its stride once you get over the 700 range, that's when it becomes a bit of a different beast.

I've had issues recently with pulling 360+ (kg) because with 7 plates (6 25, 1 20) and my narrow sumo grip the flex in the bar was causing there to be two distinct break points off the ground which was a shock to deal with.

Anyway... don't train with it year round. Save it for 4-6 weeks out from a meet so it feels like christmas.
    Thanks for the feedback. I am not sure I will ever reach a 700 dead. But I can see where the bar becomes more of an advantage at heavier weights. I think if I could pull sumo, I might but a hip injury prevents me from attempting that. My PC is by far the strongest part of my body, so sumo would be advantageous for me. I am currently getting ART done on my hip and it is actually helping, but I am not sure I want to risk it. In the end, I am doing this for fun and enjoyment. Being the strongest is not worth the costs for me at 41. Doing it in a way I can without pain, or further injury is where I am now.

Crazy pulls you have btw! Nice!
    RAW lifts

Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    I used to primarily workout at home. I have a full setup. Rack, leg press/hack, dumbbells up to 120, lat pulldn with high and low pulls, cable cross, leg ext and curl, preacher bench..etc. Just about everything I need.

I started going to the place you see in the vid to get out of the house. It is a total throwback place. All old milled York plates, and dirty and nasty (in a good way). It is very geared towards powerlifting which is what got me excited to compete. (at 41 better late then never) I have never been a true 'powerlifter'. I just always lifted for a mix of physique and strength. I will probably bring the bar to that gym with me. It is a real nice atmosphere to lift in. Plus at home, my gym is on the 2nd floor and going heavy is not a great idea

Tracking still shows as mon arrival, so I should have it for sure for my next Friday session!
    I have a similar setup. I prefer my home gym to any of the commercial gyms around here.

Did you get your bar today?

I have a similar setup. I prefer my home gym to any of the commercial gyms around here.

Did you get your bar today?
    The place I lift is a real throwback place. I love it. It is filled with a bunch of no-nonsense guys. No women train there. Lots of big benchers in there. (of course ). Not as many big deadlifters and squatters in there, but there are some. They have annual meets and it comes with bragging rights. I lost my deadlift title to a guy who pulled 650 in 198's. ( I had pulled 625 previous year) I am trying to take that back. (but I am almost twice his age ). Either way....its all in good fun. I like having a place to go where guys 'get it', and chalk use is encouraged!

Got the bar today. Very happy! No grooves or discolorations. Machining looks very good. I did not pull out a dial indicator, but rotating it, it looks very straight. Knurl is VERY nice. Sharp and bit like. I cant imagine wanting any more then what is on here!

Cant wait to use it on Friday!!!

Here it is in the middle of some of my beater bars.

Close up of the knurl
    RAW lifts

congrats! Glad it worked out okay. Let us know how your lifts go, look forward to some PRs!

congrats! Glad it worked out okay. Let us know how your lifts go, look forward to some PRs!
    Got to use the bar today.

Good and bad news. I loved the bar, but I had an 'off' day in the gym

Was all psyced to use the new bar. (which I did). I really like it, the feel..etc. I can notice a difference at the bottom of my pull. It really suits my style of peeling the weight off the ground rather then exploding. (I am not an explosive deadlifter)

Unfortunately, I just could not get in the right mindset again. Lots of excuses.....bad nights sleep, then spending all day working in front of a computer....etc. All excuses but I was not my best walking in.

I think I am going to give the reps a break for a while and start working down to a new single over the next few weeks.

I shot a vid with just 495 so you can see the reaction of the bar. I played with the bar a little, tugging it etc. It is lively for sure. I like it. Here is that weight.

Here is my 605 set, and I only got 4 reps AGAIN. Disappointed as you can see 5 was NOT in me. But I can see from the vid that this bar will really suit the way I pull. The heavier the weight, the more it gives.
    RAW lifts

mrcheeze36 is just really nice. (+1000) mrcheeze36 is just really nice. (+1000) mrcheeze36 is just really nice. (+1000) mrcheeze36 is just really nice. (+1000) mrcheeze36 is just really nice. (+1000) mrcheeze36 is just really nice. (+1000) mrcheeze36 is just really nice. (+1000) mrcheeze36 is just really nice. (+1000) mrcheeze36 is just really nice. (+1000) mrcheeze36 is just really nice. (+1000) mrcheeze36 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Now that you've had the bar for 6 months, how's it been for you?

I checked with Crain and its $79 to ship it to me in SoCal, however I checked LiftingLarge and its only a little over $30 to ship ($30 more on bar price but still $20 less overall compared to getting it directly from Crain). I'm just deciding between the Okie and the TDB
    Last edited by mrcheeze36; 03-21-2015 at 10:13 PM.