Impatient has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How many calories,fat,carbs per lb of bodyweight?

Can someone please tell me the correct amount of calories, fat, and carbs per pound of bodyweight are needed for quality weight gain?

Thanks for your help !!

sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000) sfetaz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Please post your weight and body fat percentage before asking this question.
    If you always talk about how you could be in great shape if you just worked out and ate right, why don't you just work out and eat right?

I was just looking for a general rule of thumb..

Not just for me but anyone else that needs to know.

5'7' , 169lbs , bodyfat% unknown but pretty high

Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Painkiller has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I would begin with 2500-3000 CLEAN calories and gradually increase it by 100-200 kcal per week.Also depends on your activity levels.If you are very active start with 3000-3500
    Enjoy everything, Need nothing!

Thanks for your response.

But that still didn't answer my question.

How many per pound of bodyweight?(calories,carbs,fat)

oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: .

Originally posted by Impatient
    Thanks for your response.

But that still didn't answer my question.

How many per pound of bodyweight?(calories,carbs,fat)
    for a rough guidline, multiply your weight by 18-20.
    get at least 1g of protein per pound of BW
    get 20-30% of your calories from fats
    fill in the rest of the needed calories with carbs.

Bigpeat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Re: .

Originally posted by oddball182
    for a rough guidline, multiply your weight by 18-20.
    get at least 1g of protein per pound of BW
    get 20-30% of your calories from fats
    fill in the rest of the needed calories with carbs.
    Following your rough guidline, someone who is 228lbs (at 6'3" BF around 15-18%, 33 yrs. old) should consume btw 4100-4560 calories? From what I have been reading that sounds high. I've read that men should consume anywherer from 2500 to 3800 calories. Does anyone else have a formula based on ones height, age and weight ?

anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) anthonyfel is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Actually, it depends on your bodyfat and lean mass.
    When you know your lean mass, for example 130 lbs,
    you add a 0 to get your daily cal intake. 1300 cal is quantity you need at total rest.
    Then, you have to adjust with your daily level of activity.

Once you choose the cal level best suited for your lifestyle, you need to set guidelines for protein, carbs and fats.
    You'll always have to go by lean body mass.
    Have 1gr prot by lean body mass. Here would be 130 gr.
    10-20% of your total caloric intake will come from fats.
    Then, you can set quantity of carbs.

Here is for weight maintenance.
    Now, if you wish add lean bodymass, you'll have to set the weight you wanna get.
    For instance, if you wish a 140 lean body mass, you have to establish your total caloric intake on the weight you wanna obtain.

Regards,

Anthony

oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000) oddball182 is just really nice. (+1000)

Re: Re: Re: .

Originally posted by Bigpeat
    Following your rough guidline, someone who is 228lbs (at 6'3" BF around 15-18%, 33 yrs. old) should consume btw 4100-4560 calories? From what I have been reading that sounds high. I've read that men should consume anywherer from 2500 to 3800 calories. Does anyone else have a formula based on ones height, age and weight ?
    thats why i said a rough idea.

you want an accurate one? count your calories for a week and weigh yourself. then if you gained too much weight after one week, lower your calories for the next week. and keep doing that until YOU figure out how much YOUR body needs

robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Re: How many calories,fat,carbs per lb of bodyweight?

Can someone please tell me the correct amount of calories, fat, and carbs per pound of bodyweight are needed for quality weight gain?

Thanks for your help !!

Hi, Impatient. If your body fat is pretty high, as you say, and you don't like how you look, then I would advise you resolve this by eating fewer calories than you are now. That, or you spend more time exercising. Or both.

Assuming you don't want to spend any more time in the gym than you are now, I would suggest that you start by eating fewer calories. Many bodybuilders eat too many calories even when 'bulking'.

Without seeing your body and having an idea of your body composition (% body fat vs. muscle), I don't know what your 'ideal weight' would be. 'Ideal weight' is just a term I use to refer to how much you would weigh right now if you suddenly were to get your body fat down to a level you would be happy with looking at in the mirror.

I would suggest you multiply your ideal weight (in pounds) X 12 Calories (kilocalories). Start with the resultant number as your daily Caloric intake. This is ONLY a starting point. Assess yourself honestly in the mirror, and if you don't see the changes to your appearance you want body fat-wise, then 'tweak' your caloric intake appropriately.

I weigh around 206-208 pounds at 6'1". I don't want to lose any more body fat, so this is my 'ideal weight', insofar as body fat is concerned. I 'just' want to build as much lean (fat-free) muscle as humanly possible.

I eat about 2880-2980 Calories per day (you can follow my diet and training at my Web site). Keep in mind, however, that this diet is much higher in protein and lower in carbs (in the conventional sense of the word 'carbs') than most diets, which may provide a slight fat-burning advantage (see "The Glucose Economy" article on my Web site). Also, I work out twice a day 6-7 days per week very intensively.

So long as you don't eat too many calories overall, any of a number of different macronutrient profiles (% of calories as protein/carbs/fat) can get you the body you want.

If you'd like, feel free to send me your pics and more about your training and current diet, and I can make some more powerful suggestions.

I hope this post, and my articles at my Web site, will provide you with some useful insights.

Thanks very much for taking the time to read my response.

Kindest regards,
    Rob

Thanks !!

Thanks Rob for your advice.

Just want to let you know that I have read some of your posts.

I haven't been to your website yet but I'll check it out.

I've seen some of your pics and you are the kind of guy I envy.

I have worked out in the past but I always give up and quit.

I have never tried to cut up,only to gain, but it's so hard for me to eat all the time. I am just never hungry.

I have been working out again for about a month and 1/2 and my weight is the same as when I started.

I know I am not eating enough but alot more than before.

Oh well.. Wish me luck !!

robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) robertthoburn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Re: Thanks !!

Thanks Rob for your advice.

Just want to let you know that I have read some of your posts.

I haven't been to your website yet but I'll check it out.

I've seen some of your pics and you are the kind of guy I envy.

I have worked out in the past but I always give up and quit.

I have never tried to cut up,only to gain, but it's so hard for me to eat all the time. I am just never hungry.

I have been working out again for about a month and 1/2 and my weight is the same as when I started.

I know I am not eating enough but alot more than before.

Oh well.. Wish me luck !!

I wish you luck, but you don't need it. Let me know if you have any questions.

If I can gain muscle, anyone can! I am the quintessential 'hard gainer'!

I am well-endowed.....with 'skinny genes'!

Best,
    Rob