Page 25 of 31 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jjeane View Post
    I promise I'll post. We are in our way home. We stayed to help and cheer on friends. So it will be tomorrow since we won't get home til late. But I have vids!!
    I didn't realize til recently just how important moving those feet are. Game changer over here!!
    Best of luck, JJ! (LOL. As if I didn't know already.)

Originally Posted by grouchyjarhead View Post
    Good squatting my friend. My boys are interested in shaving right now too, I have to lather up my oldest's face with my brush every time I shave also.
    Thanks, brother.. It's fun to teach our boyz how to be men..

--------

Today's training.

Back Squat Doubles up to 155kg

Snatch off Blocks Triples up to 60

Best part of my day:

When I found out my first e-lifter broke state records in the snatch and C&J. I eez one proud coach.

This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Beltless Front Squatss with 2-second Pause

Up to 245-lbs

This above all..

Turning Betas into Gammas Wyomann's Avatar
    Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Jeez, looking explosive out of the hole.
    Transformation Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170068283&page=1
    Pinecone Fitness: https://www.********.com/Pinecone-Fitness-1635681273361328/

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Heavy @55 front squats, mang.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

Originally Posted by Wyomann View Post
    Jeez, looking explosive out of the hole.

hahaha.. Took me a while to understand.. I've been fast-forwarding the lighter weights to skip the drama.

Originally Posted by Marius_Ursus View Post
    Heavy @55 front squats, mang.
    I see you started training again, man.. Great to see!

-----

1-1/4 Back Squat Triples up to 120-kg
    Clean Pulls Triples up to 100-kg

This above all..

Just doing the prep work! jjeane's Avatar
    jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by NorwichGrad View Post
    (LOL. As if I didn't know already.)
    Yes, but I thought i was exempt from the whole moving of the feet since I don't like to jump. And no one but you ever made a deal about it.

Best part of my day:

When I found out my first e-lifter broke state records in the snatch and C&J. I eez one proud coach.
    Thanks Coach!

Man I am still jealous of your squat. Some people can just pop out of the hole like a jack in the box. For the rest of us the struggle is real! LOL
    Spoon Barbell Club

My Journal- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147722593

No person with dignity and a soul wants a hand out- they want to earn what they have. Jim Wendler

Set your bar high, be kind, and do more of what makes you stronger. Eleiko

Love over fear

Yes, but I thought i was exempt from the whole moving of the feet since I don't like to jump. And no one but you ever made a deal about it.

Thanks Coach!

Man I am still jealous of your squat. Some people can just pop out of the hole like a jack in the box. For the rest of us the struggle is real! LOL
    I’m encouraging Buddy to move his feet because he has a habit of landing on his footballz. As a result, he misses lifts that he should be able to make. If you watch some of his lifts, you will notice that at ‘heavyish’ weights he lands on his footballz.

So I want him to move his feet so that hopefully he will land at midfoot. So far so good. Tomorrow is max day for him. We shall see.

--
    Roger’s Rangers Rule #1: Don’t forget nothing.

This was from yesterday. I was gonna do front squats but I forgot my Rehbands at home. So I adjusted my session and did power cleans instead.

Did singles up to 90-kg. Then did back off sets 3 x 3 @ 72.

Felt naked lifting without Rehbands. Now you know what my legs look like.. hahaha..

This above all..

Friday, 22Jan16

Front Squats Singles to 300-lbs

Back off sets 3 x 3 @235-lbs

My son rapping:

This above all..

Today

Buddy has a meet in March. We are prepping. Today he did an easy 80/100

Me

Did squats up to the whole stack, then did triple cleans up to 200-lbs

This above all..

Putting in the work IrishLassie78's Avatar
    IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Buddy's lifts look absolutely effortless. Can't wait to see how he does in the meet.

I want to squat all the colors!

Are you guys buried in snow over there? I think we got 1/2 an inch. And of course the grocery stores are cleared out of milk, eggs, and bread
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163596431

BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by IrishLassie78 View Post
    Buddy's lifts look absolutely effortless. Can't wait to see how he does in the meet.

I want to squat all the colors!

Are you guys buried in snow over there? I think we got 1/2 an inch. And of course the grocery stores are cleared out of milk, eggs, and bread
    I want to squat all the colors too!!

**I once was a fat little hippo... BubsNBean's journey back to healthy**
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170112133

jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Andrew is too cute in that rapping vid!
    Buddy's lifting is looking so much smoother! He is coming along nicely!
    I lol'ed about the missing knee sleeves. Can NOT squat with out them Rehbands!!
    Spoon Barbell Club

No person with dignity and a soul wants a hand out- they want to earn what they have. Jim Wendler

Love over fear

BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BubsNBean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Andrew is too cute in that rapping vid!
    Buddy's lifting is looking so much smoother! He is coming along nicely!
    I lol'ed about the missing knee sleeves. Can NOT squat with out them Rehbands!!
    Forgot to wear the knee sleeves yesterday, makes sense now because my cleans felt awkward as all get out!

Originally Posted by BubsNBean View Post
    Forgot to wear the knee sleeves yesterday, makes sense now because my cleans felt awkward as all get out!
    I don't own a pair and have never used them. I was just laughing cause WL tend to be superstitious. If the plates aren't loaded right you won't make the lift, etc.
    But if you are used to them it could be! You can always try again Bubs!
    Spoon Barbell Club

Love over fear

I don't own a pair and have never used them. I was just laughing cause WL tend to be superstitious. If the plates aren't loaded right you won't make the lift, etc.
    But if you are used to them it could be! You can always try again Bubs!
    Probably more likely because I hadn't lifted in 2 weeks Oops!

Probably more likely because I hadn't lifted in 2 weeks Oops!
    Meh, it happens! It will be better next time!
    Spoon Barbell Club

Love over fear

Hi Ladies. Thanks for the feedback. I'm using my iPhone and it don't know how to multi quote so I will just address you girls as a group

Buddy has a very good chance of qualifying for the Youth Nationals. His meet is on March 20th. Then he has a high school PL push pull meet on Wed after WL. Bench and DL only, no squat sadly. He's already repping out 405lbs high bar and his DL is 540lbs. He has the high school unofficial record already. We just gotta make it official.

Yeah, Andrew is a trip. He's a handful so don't let his cuteness fool you.

We got maybe half an inch of snow. We lucked out. The border of the storm was over us. But 8 miles south they got 4 inches. And where I work a bit more south they got 2 feet.

Rogers rangers rule #1. Don't forget nothing.

Those Rehbands are life savers. I would probably be a hopscotcher instead of a WLer if it weren't for these.

And Oh, back to Buddy. He has come a long way for sure. But his classic lifts are still way below his full potential based on his current strength. His head gets in the way. So even with lifters who have pretty good technique, the head will always get in the way.

I guess you can say this is Joel's rule #1: The head will get in the way, so get it out of the way. Lol.
    This above all..

IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IrishLassie78 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I can't function without my Rehbands, semi-srs. I bought another set of kneesleeves to have a back up pair when my Rehbands are drying from being washed and I went cheap and bought a knock-off that had good reviews on Amazon and I hate them. They're too stiff and thick even though they're supposed to be the same 5mm my Rehbands are. I should have just spent the money and bought the Rehbands the first time because now I'm going to end up buying them anyway

Originally Posted by NorwichGrad View Post

And Oh, back to Buddy. He has come a long way for sure. But his classic lifts are still way below his full potential based on his current strength. His head gets in the way. So even with lifters who have pretty good technique, the head will always get in the way.

I guess you can say this is Joel's rule #1: The head will get in the way, so get it out of the way. Lol.
    What does he need to total for Youth Nationals? THat would be cool. If he can squat 405 he does have a huge amount of potential. But yes, I know the head case problem all to well as you know. He'll get there!! he has a great coach.
    Spoon Barbell Club

Love over fear

You can't multiquote from a phone... stupid.

I can't function without my Rehbands, semi-srs. I bought another set of kneesleeves to have a back up pair when my Rehbands are drying from being washed and I went cheap and bought a knock-off that had good reviews on Amazon and I hate them. They're too stiff and thick even though they're supposed to be the same 5mm my Rehbands are. I should have just spent the money and bought the Rehbands the first time because now I'm going to end up buying them anyway
    I have used many brands before.. Once I went Rehbands, I never went back.. Worth every penny.. They smell like New York City subways once they get all sweaty, but well worth it.

What does he need to total for Youth Nationals? THat would be cool. If he can squat 405 he does have a huge amount of potential. But yes, I know the head case problem all to well as you know. He'll get there!! he has a great coach.
    In 2015, he easily did 199-kg in training. The qualifying total that year was 198-kg.. This year, it is 201-kg.. (BTW, it's always good to see the qualifying totals go up - whether American Open, Nationals, Masters, Youth, Junior, Senior, etc... The reason is it tells us that the quality of athletes we're producing are also improving.)

He can do it.. My job is to convince him he can do it..

You can't multiquote from a phone... stupid.
    I LOL'd hard.. That's why I love you, Bubz.. Telling it how it is..

----

It's almost end of January and I realized I have not set any PR on anything yet.. So I decided to set a random PR on push press. I got 205-lb push press PR after doing 1-1/4 front squat up to 255-lbs.

The tall, jacked, handsome, young stud in the background.. He is my doctor. He lifts at my gym. I wish more medical professionals would set the example. Really great guy. He is RUSSIAN.. He has a cool name. His last name starts with T and ends with V, and there's bunch of consonant letters in between with one vowel. I can't pronounce his last name so I simply call him: Dr. T.

His first name is Doctor.
    His middle name is the period.
    And his last name is the letter "T."

Yesterday's training was for Muddah RRRussia, Bitchez!
    Last edited by NorwichGrad; 01-26-2016 at 01:31 AM.
    This above all..

Nice little PC there before that PP! String them together and you could be like another RUSSIAN!

But seriously, nice PP PR!
    Spoon Barbell Club

Love over fear

Nice little PC there before that PP! String them together and you could be like another RUSSIAN!

But seriously, nice PP PR!

Thanks. I can watch Klokov all day..

Back Squat Pause Triples to 300-lbs

This above all..

Dmitri Klokov is a monster. I'm always kind of amazed and smooth and fluid his lifts are with as beefy as he is. It's like watching a ballet.

Nice job on that push-press! That's a lot of fukking weight after all those front squats.

Turning Betas into Gammas Wyomann's Avatar
    Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Wyomann has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Does Klokov actually compete anymore or just vids on the internet? I've never seen him in the worlds or olympic or the major meets.
    Transformation Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170068283&page=1
    Pinecone Fitness: https://www.********.com/Pinecone-Fitness-1635681273361328/

Does Klokov actually compete anymore or just vids on the internet? I've never seen him in the worlds or olympic or the major meets.
    He retired last year. They had some deal over in Russia. He plays GRID for Baltimore. And he does seminars and what not. He did show up at IWF Worlds in Houston last Nov where he did not compete but did pause snatch 200K in the training hall. I think it was like a 7k PR. He did it in a TMNT t shirt. It was pretty awesome!
    Spoon Barbell Club

Love over fear

Dmitri Klokov is a monster. I'm always kind of amazed and smooth and fluid his lifts are with as beefy as he is. It's like watching a ballet.

Nice job on that push-press! That's a lot of fukking weight after all those front squats.
    Thank you.. Not just front squats, but front squats AND a quarter.. lol..

He retired last year. They had some deal over in Russia. He plays GRID for Baltimore. And he does seminars and what not. He did show up at IWF Worlds in Houston last Nov where he did not compete but did pause snatch 200K in the training hall. I think it was like a 7k PR. He did it in a TMNT t shirt. It was pretty awesome!
    It's amazing what Klokov has accomplished as an Olympian and World Champion.. What I really appreciate about him is that he turned his passion into business by touring the world so he can coach others. If you guys notice, other weightlifters from other countries are getting on the Klokov bandwagon.. WLers from China, Spain, Germany, for example are also touring the world doing the same thing as Klokov.. To me this is a great thing because it's always good to learn from others.

But Dmitry Klokov will always be THE ORIGINAL GLOBAL CHLAMYDIA SPREADER..
    This above all..

Front Squats to 308-lbs

Power Cleans to 200-lbs

This above all..

Squat to 342-lb

This above all..

Joel, I remember you posted you had a squat goal going on, I just don't remember what it was. Remind me please.
    Spoon Barbell Club

Love over fear