harwin01354 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) harwin01354 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) harwin01354 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) harwin01354 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) harwin01354 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) harwin01354 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) harwin01354 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) harwin01354 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) harwin01354 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) harwin01354 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) harwin01354 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Day one of keto, can anyone see where I have gone wrong? Stats and meal plan

Hey, so day one of keto and I'm having problems tried my own research with no luck. Let me start with stats and food.
    5"8" 158lb 15% body fat aiming to get to 10%

Cals- 2093 carbs- 25g protein- 136g fats 161g

So a example of what I just made for work tomorrow
    1- 3 boiled eggs and 50g lean bacon
    2- natural youget 60g almonds 35g
    Cheese 65g oil 35g
    3- chicken 50g veg 30g cheese 65g oil 35g
    4- cottage cheese 100g celery stick
    5- tuna 60g oil 35g olives 35g cottage cheese 35g cheese 25g
    6- casin shake with 100ml milk

Problems I have found- all my food is swimming in olive oil ( and I mean swimming) 30g veg is like two bits of carrots. 60g youget is hardly work getting out of the fridge.. 50g chicken is hardly anything I feel I need more

I find my protein is far to high and fats too low when I play around with it, anyone had this and how did you deal with it.

It's all getting my head messed up.. What do people think at the start just eat things with little or no carbs and not count macros?

I could really do with the help.. Thanks

Quick question- fizzy drink which is zero sugar ok for keto?

Location: Lymington, Hampshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    PhilPho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhilPho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhilPho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhilPho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhilPho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhilPho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhilPho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhilPho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhilPho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhilPho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PhilPho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by harwin01354 View Post
    Hey, so day one of keto and I'm having problems tried my own research with no luck. Let me start with stats and food.

Cheese 65g oil 35g

Problems I have found- all my food is swimming in olive oil ( and I mean swimming) 30g veg is like two bits of carrots. 60g youget is hardly work getting out of the fridge.. 50g chicken is hardly anything I feel I need more

I find my protein is far to high and fats too low when I play around with it, anyone had this and how did you deal with it.

It's all getting my head messed up.. What do people think at the start just eat things with little or no carbs and not count macros?

Ok so you're aiming to lose 7.9lbs of fat.
    Tip-On a keto diet you can literally eat an unlimited amount of veg(preferably green). The carbohydrates found in veg basically don't count, because they are not used in the same way by the body.

Yeah by the sounds of the amount of oil you are using I'm not suprised your food is swimming hahaha. Oil would typically be used to drizzle over food, very small amounts.

If you want to get more fats in your diet, your best bet would be whole eggs; high in omega fats, and has the most bio-available source of protein. Or if you are able perhaps invest in some Omega 3 supps or MCT oil. Plus why do you think your fats are too low? Based on those numbers you gave you have a ratio of 75% Fat 25% protein-this is absolutely fine.

If you are finding that your portions are too small, perhaps try combining some of your meals?

Fizzy drinks every now and then are ok, don't drink too much though as fizzy drinks are acidic and this will make your goals harder to achieve. Optimally you want to have a digestive system that is an alkaline state for best fat loss and muscle building. Try to drink lots of water ofcourse.
    dailyfitness4u

grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10) grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10) grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10) grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10) grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10) grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10) grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10) grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10) grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10) grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10) grndzro is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by PhilPho View Post
    Ok so you're aiming to lose 7.9lbs of fat.
    Tip-On a keto diet you can literally eat an unlimited amount of veg(preferably green). The carbohydrates found in veg basically don't count, because they are not used in the same way by the body.
    Yes they do count. There are vegetables that are loaded with sugars/carbs
    Here is a list of low carb veggies
    http://www.healthyworkouts.org/

Carbs are always converted to sugar on a Keto diet unless it is fiber. Yes even the ones in veggies.

xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000) xJellyBirdx is just really nice. (+1000)
    cream cheese can help make your meal thicker so it isn't swimming in oil. Could also just make salads, then your salad is swimming in 'dressing' is how I look at it
    "I don't believe you have to be better than everybody else. I believe you have to be better than you ever thought you could be." -Ken Venturi

XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by grndzro View Post
    Yes they do count. There are vegetables that are loaded with sugars/carbs
    Here is a list of low carb veggies
    http://www.healthyworkouts.org/

Carbs are always converted to sugar on a Keto diet unless it is fiber. Yes even the ones in veggies.
    yes and no. I never count my fibrous veggies due to the necessity of them. As long as they aren't sugary veggies they are perfectly fine for you.

good:
    asparagus
    spinach
    kale
    zucchini (in moderation)
    some green beans
    avocado

bad:
    basically everything else
    Professional Athlete Crew
    Former D1 Athlete Crew
    Bald but dates a dime Crew

XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) XinApoK is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by harwin01354 View Post

Cheese 65g oil 35g

yogurt - no
    milk - no
    lean bacon - no - you want fatty bacon7
    cottage cheese - no
    Professional Athlete Crew
    Former D1 Athlete Crew
    Bald but dates a dime Crew