Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Great Lakes Shipwreck Museum.

Is located at the furthest tip north on the UP, it's on Whitefish Point and is miles from anywhere but is very cool if you are into ships, water, wrecks, etc. Oldest operating lighthousr on Lake Superior is here, current one has been here since 1861 and you get to go up inside to the top. Many exhibits on wrecks of which tbere have been more than 500 in just this area with the most famous of course being the Edmund Fitzgerald. They have a few items from the ship with the ships bell being the main attraction, this was brought up in 1995. Very hard not to get chocked up here watching the videos of the ship as well as all 29 missing crew members while Gordon Lightfoots song is playing in the background. Highly recommend this place but like I mentioned there is nothing else around except for a state park which does have some real nice waterfalls.
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    ya it's pretty remote but worth going to look at..the mine ride is fun too..took the kids up there a few years back

what else you going to see? tahquamenon falls? there is a place somewhere up there you can go see black bears too..

Oswald's bear ranch

Seney wildlife refuge is a nice place too

ooo you going to the locks at the Soo?

there is an old iron ore freighter ship over there somewhere that has been converted into a museum
    Last edited by latebloomingmom; 09-08-2014 at 07:00 PM.

GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GnomusMaximus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I keep wanting to go there. My oldest boy is fascinated with ship design and wrecks. He has wanted to be a naval architect since he was like 7. We've been to some shipping museums, but haven't made it there yet.

We took him on a Disney cruise. While the other kids were playing with Mickey Mouse he was looking at rivets and different metal thicknesses and beam angles...he was 9...it was maybe just a little different...
    Gnomefit...ain't for everybody, only the sexy people.

Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by latebloomingmom View Post
    ya it's pretty remote but worth going to look at..the mine ride is fun too..took the kids up there a few years back

what else you going to see? tahquamenon falls? there is a place somewhere up there you can go see black bears too..

Oswald's bear ranch

Seney wildlife refuge is a nice place too

ooo you going to the locks at the Soo?

there is an old iron ore freighter ship over there somewhere that has been converted into a museum
    Saw the tahq falls as well as the Soo Locks, the freighter Calumet was coming thru which was cool because we saw it pass by at Shipwreck museum. Crashed in Sault Ste Marie for the night, will post pics when I get home, no way to load and post them via my tablet. Gnomie, it is a cool place with numerous buildings covering various aspects of shiping as well as search and rescue operations. And I dare anyone to try and avoid a tear while visting the Fitzgerald section.
    "You know that little thing in your head that keeps you from saying things you shouldn't? Yeah, well, I don't have one of those."

latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    haha..my ex hubby has been on that particular ship
    sounds like a good vacation!

err or maybe it wasn't that ship
    sh*t he's been on so many of those I can't keep track and don't need to anymore

hope its a pretty ride back home
    some of the trees must be turning by now

djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ive heard its awesome . But was always too far away when i lived on michigan

deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Corbi trip threads always bring it. Looking forward to the pics.
    []---[] Equipment crew member #51 []---[]

haha..my ex hubby has been on that particular ship
    sounds like a good vacation!

err or maybe it wasn't that ship
    sh*t he's been on so many of those I can't keep track and don't need to anymore

hope its a pretty ride back home
    some of the trees must be turning by now
    Very few are actually turning, we have driven along the entire length of the UP as well as all of northern WI and have only seen a handful that were red or orange while all the rest are still green. I took pics of the crew members onboard the ship, will post them in a say or 2 and you can tell me if he is in any of them.

Originally Posted by Corbi View Post
    Very few are actually turning, we have driven along the entire length of the UP as well as all of northern WI and have only seen a handful that were red or orange while all the rest are still green. I took pics of the crew members onboard the ship, will post them in a say or 2 and you can tell me if he is in any of them.
    oooo great like I wanna throw up

let me know if ya see any snowflakes and if so take those back to Wisconsin with ya!

mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mcbourque has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That's really interesting Corbi. I'd love to see a shipwreck museum. We had a maritime museum in Halifax but not so much shipwrecks.
    500 wrecks in just this area, that's insane. Do they say why?
    ** Marie **
    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenge, wish for more wisdom." - Jim Rohn

OV35 Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157469793

paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paolo59 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You don't really think. The oceans...yea. If they could give up their dead! The Great Lakes are freakin' 'inland' oceans! Huge!!! Us landlocked mid-westerners have a hard time imagining just how monstrous they are! I've seen two of them. Superior and Erie. Erie is tiny compared to the others. LOL That's a lot of water. I like water in the bathtub!
    paolo59

"If you're going through hell, keep going!" Winston Churchill

Originally Posted by paolo59 View Post
    You don't really think. The oceans...yea. If they could give up their dead! The Great Lakes are freakin' 'inland' oceans! Huge!!! Us landlocked mid-westerners have a hard time imagining just how monstrous they are! I've seen two of them. Superior and Erie. Erie is tiny compared to the others. LOL That's a lot of water. I like water in the bathtub!
    what do ya mean?

took my nieces from Nebraska to Lake Michigan once when they were younger..they all stood on beach and just looked and looked
    "Aunt T where is the other side?"
    " it's way out there baby"
    " Aunt T is this the ocean?"

Lake Superior can get rough come November
    I used to hate it when my ex was on route up there that time of year
    that is when the big storms come in that put the waves right over the front of boat
    and he was on a 1000 footer at time

now ya cant really fathom how big these boats are til you stand next to one at dock
    it's kinda like a 6-7 story building going straight up
    huge

so if the waves are big enough to come up and splash across the deck
    you know those are some big friggin waves!

This area is definitely better than the Apostle Islands which we toured on saturday, frggin boring and really nothing to see. Have heard people talk about Bayfield and the islands and now I gotta wonder why? If you are into camping and kayaking it would be great, otherwise don't bother.

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    sounds great, buddy, and the type of thing I would enjoy to see....
    Lift as MUCH as you can, for as MANY reps as you can,
    while in complete control of the exercise.

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Been up there for the drt bike and atv trails. Did you go to the microbrewery though? Thats worth checking out as is the all you can eat fresh whitefish at the the hotel resteraunt on the point. Awsome place.

PrincePoutine will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrincePoutine will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrincePoutine will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrincePoutine will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrincePoutine will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrincePoutine will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrincePoutine will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrincePoutine will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrincePoutine will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrincePoutine will become famous soon enough. (+50) PrincePoutine will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Is located at the furthest tip north on the UP,
    Copper Harbor disagrees.

it's on Whitefish Point and is miles from anywhere but is very cool if you are into ships, water, wrecks, etc. Oldest operating lighthousr on Lake Superior is here, current one has been here since 1861 and you get to go up inside to the top. Many exhibits on wrecks of which tbere have been more than 500 in just this area with the most famous of course being the Edmund Fitzgerald. They have a few items from the ship with the ships bell being the main attraction, this was brought up in 1995. Very hard not to get chocked up here watching the videos of the ship as well as all 29 missing crew members while Gordon Lightfoots song is playing in the background. Highly recommend this place but like I mentioned there is nothing else around except for a state park which does have some real nice waterfalls.
    If you drove W. Lakeshore Drive through Bay Mills and Brimley (area), any chance you stopped at Mission Hill Cemetery?

The cemetery offers a spectacular view of Whitefish Bay. Also, the cemetery has a chilling gravesite for the crew of the SS Myron (full story available on Wikipedia- post count too low to include link).
    This note is not legal tender for all debts, public and private.

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    what do ya mean?

took my nieces from Nebraska to Lake Michigan once when they were younger..they all stood on beach and just looked and looked
    "Aunt T where is the other side?"
    " it's way out there baby"
    " Aunt T is this the ocean?"

When I first moved from Cleveland to Philly for college, I was discussing the lake with some teammates and they didn't believe me when I said we would get 8' waves on Erie . Finally my coach came over and explained to me that to them, a lake is something you can see the other side of.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

"You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit."
    -Wendler

Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Is located at the furthest tip north on the UP, it's on Whitefish Point .
    Copper Harbor and specifically High Rock Point is the Northern most point of Michigan. The rest of your post is accurate. :-)

Did you come across US-2 or M-28? I went to Michigan Tech so have a strong familiarity of the Western UP but have been up the the Eastern UP with my family a couple of times now. My 3.5 year old goes up to random women and says "Hi, my favorite ship is the Edmund Fitzgerald but it sank in Lake Superior."

An anchor of the Fitzgerald is housed in the museum on Belle Isle in Detroit.
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #68 ▪██─────██▪

Current plan:
    Very organized. Well-coached.
    Goal - be strong and not fat

The only one I have uploaded so far.

beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Another place I'd like to see... A guy I knew from HS was in USCG training up there at the time of the wreck of the Edmund Fitzerald. His boat answered the distress call. But by the time they got there.. nothin'. He said it was the roughest water he had ever witness to, lakes or ocean.
    In space, nobody can smell Uranus....

Originally Posted by beachguy498 View Post
    Another place I'd like to see... A guy I knew from HS was in USCG training up there at the time of the wreck of the Edmund Fitzerald. His boat answered the distress call. But by the time they got there.. nothin'. He said it was the roughest water he had ever witness to, lakes or ocean.
    ya that is one of those songs I still can't listen to

course it could have had something to do with being a stay at home mom of two boys who was married for twenty years to a merchant marine

the museum is a really cool place
    and I had a little knick knack of that lighthouse in my china cupboard for a long time

ya that is one of those songs I still can't listen to

course it could have had something to do with being a stay at home mom of two boys who was married for twenty years to a merchant marine

the museum is a really cool place
    and I had a little knick knack of that lighthouse in my china cupboard for a long time
    You can tour the lighthouse but the only part you aren't supposed to go into is the top where the actual light is because that's still USCG property. But the tour guide let me go up there anyways for a few pics.

You can tour the lighthouse but the only part you aren't supposed to go into is the top where the actual light is because that's still USCG property. But the tour guide let me go up there anyways for a few pics.
    serious? ya there aren't very many lighthouses you get to go up in tower anymore

there are a few private owned ones but they charge ya money
    most of old ones are shut down and they have the new high tech beacon towers down on beach

did ya take pics up there? and just where would those be?

I took my oldest to one in the Upper that had a really tall tower
    and a cool winding staircase of metal steps
    and the view was fantastic once ya got to the top

he is 22 and still remembers it

Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000) Rajon25 is just really nice. (+1000)
    serious? ya there aren't very many lighthouses you get to go up in tower anymore

there are a few private owned ones but they charge ya money
    most of old ones are shut down and they have the new high tech beacon towers down on beach

did ya take pics up there? and just where would those be?
    You can STAY in the lighthouse on Whitefish Point. My parents did it a while ago. They said it was a little creepy but a lot of fun. They got there late and had to go into "town" to find the keeper to let them in.

http://www.shipwreckmuseum.com/crewsquarters

We went to McGulpin Point Lighthouse, 500 Headlands Rd, Mackinaw City, MI 49770 and they ask for but do not require donations and you can climb to the top and go outside. It is a little half door that our 3 year old basically bolted out of and gave us heart attacks. It is well guard railed and offers a tremendous view of Lake Michigan.

As I said, I was born and raised in Dearborn, MI and have always lived in SE Michigan but for the 5 years I spent at Michigan Tech. My mother has always loved light houses so I have a decent second hand knowledge of many of them. Anyway, thanks for the pictures and stories. I love my state and like when people talk about something other than inaccurate bashing of Detroit.

Current plan:

Is located at the furthest tip north on the UP

I am better at explaining visually. I highly recommend venturing up to Copper Harbor and visiting a mine or two. If you like rocks the largest or second largest mineral museum in in Hancock, MI across the Portage Canal from Michigan Tech which is just off the Highest functioning lift bridge in the world. From the Michigan-Wisconsin border the Keewenaw is about an hour or two closer than White Fish Point.
    Attached Images

Current plan:

Staircase of the lighthouse

17 miles out in this direction is where the Fitzgerald went down.

This point used to extend another 1/2 mile out, but the rising lake levels and erosion has taken that away.

The beacon

Stairs to beacon

Looking down at the lightkeepers house and the walkway leading back and forth.

Couple buildings on the grounds