ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Looking for opinions

O35 Misc crew, I'm just looking for some general consensus and feedback from experience.

I live in a small town south of Las Vegas, and I have a good (fun and high-paying for the area, which is a rare combination) career so I am not looking to relocate. I've really gotten tired of the "usual crowd" (small town: women with a bunch of kids, women all of my friends and co-workers have already slept with, drug addicts vs Vegas: drug addicts, women like me who will not relocate because of their career, and also women who just want to party and have sex). I made an OKCupid account and immediately started getting matched all over the country and the world. Two women popped up that I've talked to on FaceTime - single, attractive, early-thirties, no kids, theoretically willing to relocate.

Any red flags I should be looking for as I'm getting to know them? As I mentioned, I've already FT'd so they aren't "catfish" in that - at the very least - they are "real people." One's a school teacher, but in a hick town back east and hates it (the town, not the job - I think she's going through the same thing I am in a small-town dating scene where you're the only single person with a career and no baggage) - ones a little deflective about her job so I'm guessing low- / no-skills job (I don't press). Should I be extremely worried, or is the internet doing what it was meant to do - bring people together?

No pics because I don't have their permission (sorry guys but I'm not putting up pictures I didn't take myself / from my own camera). Just picture normally attractive for 30ish and thin, and fill in whatever other details you want.
    100% Raw / Natural
    July 2009 - 273 pounds - PL Total: 540
    July 2010 - 255 pounds - PL Total: 775
    July 2011 - 221 pounds - PL Total: 1065
    July 2012 - 228 pounds - PL Total: 1240

Latest physical test results - rested heart rate of 48 bpm

COTA/SDI - MMA Fighter - Semper Fi
    ***reps back***

pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you feel a penis, turn around. Unless that's your thing
    I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson

ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ArizonaEli is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    lol! pretty sure that's not the case - that's more of a Vegas worry when I go to clubs - but noted.
    100% Raw / Natural

***reps back***

ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You're not going to believe this but I'm already advising one of the woman you were matched with. She told me about you and its pretty much what you've described here; crazy, eh!

I had to tell her about this thread Eli, and that it's a red flag. Sorry!

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I know nothing about dating sites, but why are they matching you with people all over the world? Can't a person narrow their search?
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Fat Ass not a option! 21infantry's Avatar
    21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) 21infantry is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ArizonaEli View Post
    O35 Misc crew, I'm just looking for some general consensus and feedback from experience.

I live in a small town south of Las Vegas, and I have a good (fun and high-paying for the area, which is a rare combination) career so I am not looking to relocate. I've really gotten tired of the "usual crowd" (small town: women with a bunch of kids, women all of my friends and co-workers have already slept with, drug addicts vs Vegas: drug addicts, women like me who will not relocate because of their career, and also women who just want to party and have sex). I made an OKCupid account and immediately started getting matched all over the country and the world. Two women popped up that I've talked to on FaceTime - single, attractive, early-thirties, no kids, theoretically willing to relocate.

Any red flags I should be looking for as I'm getting to know them? As I mentioned, I've already FT'd so they aren't "catfish" in that - at the very least - they are "real people." One's a school teacher, but in a hick town back east and hates it (the town, not the job - I think she's going through the same thing I am in a small-town dating scene where you're the only single person with a career and no baggage) - ones a little deflective about her job so I'm guessing low- / no-skills job (I don't press). Should I be extremely worried, or is the internet doing what it was meant to do - bring people together?

No pics because I don't have their permission (sorry guys but I'm not putting up pictures I didn't take myself / from my own camera). Just picture normally attractive for 30ish and thin, and fill in whatever other details you want.
    Meet my wife on a online dating site, best thing ever. The crazys will show there true colors soon enough.
    Current Maxes 6/10/2015 and End of year Goals

Bench 260/300 *RTS CREW*
    Squat 345/405 *Bombed First Meet Crew*
    Dead 440/500

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I did the professional dating match thingy in the late 90s.

First match - she was described as a 'professional'. In reality she was arrogant and stuck up.

Second match - she was described as 'has a bubbly personality.' In reality she was a psycho and laughed like a hyena.

Third match - described as 'heavy set.' no idea what it meant at the time. She was morbidly obese (no hate for unfit people). She was so big and heavy my car tilted to the right and the muffler practically scraped the road on the way to dinner. Taking an obese person to dinner was an experience.

Fourth match - she was petite and gorgeous but had bad breath.

Final match - became my wife of 14 years. We are blessed with two beautiful kids.

So yeah, brah, it can work. But you just have to filter out the BS like you filter out broscience here. Good luck.
    Last edited by NorwichGrad; 09-08-2014 at 02:21 AM.
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pharmamarketer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    I know nothing about dating sites, but why are they matching you with people all over the world? Can't a person narrow their search?
    Not when your last name is Bond.
    I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. ~ Thomas Jefferson

latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I know lots about them and yes you can.

are you looking for a woman with good career willing to relocate to where you live?

as has been mentioned
    you gonna have to sift thru a whole lotta garbage first

how's your level of patience?

I can narrow it. For instance, within 30 miles of me there are 3 women on OKCupid in their 30's. 3, as in, three. I know one (coworker). One has a bunch (4) of children. One is morbidly obese and looks like a crack-head (the two should be mutually exclusive, but in her case, they are not). Small towns are small.

Originally Posted by 21infantry View Post
    Meet my wife on a online dating site, best thing ever. The crazys will show there true colors soon enough.
    Awesome, congratulations!

Originally Posted by NorwichGrad View Post
    Final match - became my wife of 14 years. We are blessed with two beautiful kids.

So yeah, brah, it can work. But you just have to filter out the BS like you filter out broscience here. Good luck.
    Thank you, and congratulations as well. And yes, I've noticed that there is a ton of BS to sift through.

Originally Posted by latebloomingmom View Post
    are you looking for a woman with good career willing to relocate to where you live?
    how's your level of patience?
    That's actually the exact opposite of what I said. :-P People with good careers generally do not relocate for a relationship. I have plenty of patience - no biological clock and life is going very well.
    100% Raw / Natural

***reps back***

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I can narrow it. For instance, within 30 miles of me there are 3 women on OKCupid in their 30's. 3, as in, three. I know one (coworker). One has a bunch (4) of children. One is morbidly obese and looks like a crack-head (the two should be mutually exclusive, but in her case, they are not). Small towns are small..
    Only 3 matches within 30 miles? You gotta move out of the sticks. Your dating prospects will be much better once you move out of Jerkwater, Arizona.
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by pharmamarketer View Post
    If you feel a penis, turn around. Unless that's your thing
    Lmao!

Seems like a sound piece of advice

latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I can narrow it. For instance, within 30 miles of me there are 3 women on OKCupid in their 30's. 3, as in, three. I know one (coworker). One has a bunch (4) of children. One is morbidly obese and looks like a crack-head (the two should be mutually exclusive, but in her case, they are not). Small towns are small.

Awesome, congratulations!

Thank you, and congratulations as well. And yes, I've noticed that there is a ton of BS to sift through.

That's actually the exact opposite of what I said. :-P People with good careers generally do not relocate for a relationship. I have plenty of patience - no biological clock and life is going very well.
    ahhh sorry must have needed more coffee this morning
    I have heard that the sites where they ask you questions to fill out and do personality inventories tend to have a higher success rate. good luck in your search

DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DocHoss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I live in a small town south of Las Vegas, and I have a good (fun and high-paying for the area, which is a rare combination) career so I am not looking to relocate. I've really gotten tired of the "usual crowd" (small town: women with a bunch of kids, women all of my friends and co-workers have already slept with, drug addicts vs Vegas: drug addicts, women like me who will not relocate because of their career, and also women who just want to party and have sex).
    Man, sure sounds a lot like Kingman. Sympathies!

Originally Posted by 21infantry View Post
    Congratulations!

Originally Posted by NorwichGrad View Post
    Congratulations - and from what you have told us of her, you done real well!
    Peace: Lift Long and Prosper!

Alamagan Dågan - and proud of it!

Lean, mean, geek machine

djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What about a mail order bride? They always seem willing to relocate

so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Dude you're 39 and looking for a woman without kids?
    Personally, I would never go to a dating site. If ya can't meet them in person meh, fuk it.
    I like to ride my horses and shoot my guns

Originally Posted by latebloomingmom View Post
    ahhh sorry must have needed more coffee this morning
    I have heard that the sites where they ask you questions to fill out and do personality inventories tend to have a higher success rate. good luck in your search
    Thanks!

Originally Posted by djflex View Post
    What about a mail order bride? They always seem willing to relocate
    Pretty sure that's an urban myth. In any case, I only speak a few languages so that would be the limit to my options.

Originally Posted by so-tex View Post
    43% of Generation X women have no children. I'd say my odds are really good - outside of jerkwater, az that is. :-p

Repping everyone, thanks for your input.
    100% Raw / Natural

***reps back***

so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) so-tex has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Please don't rep me. I personally think you're a douchebag judging from your past history.
    I like to ride my horses and shoot my guns

InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) InternetTuffGuy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Personally, I would never go to a dating site. If ya can't meet them in person meh, fuk it.
    I don't think this was what so-tex was getting at but I would meet these women in person before they relocated. And I don't mean one trip if it works financially. Long distance relationships seem to move pretty quick from what I've seen/experienced. Don't want to find out they are nuts once they've moved in.
    "Sammiches are like sets of 20 rep squats; if you need a second one, the first one wasn't heavy enough." - DuracellBunny

Originally Posted by InternetTuffGuy View Post
    I don't think this was what so-tex was getting at but I would meet these women in person before they relocated. And I don't mean one trip if it works financially. Long distance relationships seem to move pretty quick from what I've seen/experienced. Don't want to find out they are nuts once they've moved in.
    Oh I'm not in any hurry. I've been completely single for years and years and years, and it has been both financially and emotionally wonderful. Still, if George Clooney is willing to settle down, I should probably try to get serious and at least spend a few years looking for someone that is decent.

Please don't rep me. I personally think you're a douchebag judging from your past history.
    Someone is grumpy today. 95% of my posts are workout logs for the past 4 years. Most of the rest of the 5% are "If you aren't losing weight, you aren't actually in a deficit" posts. You might find one or two - in 4 years and 1800+ posts - as pissy as the one you just kicked out. On a cut? :-)
    100% Raw / Natural

***reps back***