bdyuser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bdyuser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bdyuser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bdyuser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bdyuser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bdyuser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bdyuser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bdyuser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bdyuser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bdyuser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bdyuser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Protruding Belly - Help

Guys
    I have now reached my 30s and my metabolism has slowed down. I try to eat healthy and do exercise once a week. And still i have a very fat belly. My stomach used to be super flat which I achieved via 2years of hard work.
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=5tuxrl&s=8

I am now stressed and demotivated. All my hard work is lost and I look sad with such a fat stomach. Can anyone help?

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    exercise ONCE a week? better get on that...you need to exercise and eat the right stuff.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50) KCTonyG will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bdyuser View Post
    Guys
    I have now reached my 30s and my metabolism has slowed down. I try to eat healthy and do exercise once a week. And still i have a very fat belly. My stomach used to be super flat which I achieved via 2years of hard work.
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=5tuxrl&s=8

I am now stressed and demotivated. All my hard work is lost and I look sad with such a fat stomach. Can anyone help?
    It took you 2 years of hard work to get that flat belly you desired before, so what makes you think that any lesser amount of hard work now will provide you with the same results?

You just can't stop eating right and exercising and expect to maintain your health. It is a lifetime commitment.
    What is Perseverance?
    -Perseverance is commitment, hard work, patience, endurance.
    -Perseverance is being able to bear difficulties calmly and without complaint.
    -PERSEVERANCE IS TRYING AGAIN AND AGAIN!!!

DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DannPM is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You can eat "healthy" and still be in a caloric surplus. Also, exercising only once a week will do next to nothing for you.

You need to get serious again if you want results. Check out the stickies on here and on nutrition section as a starting place. Figure out your TDEE, figure out your macros, and go from there.
    Reliable sources of information:
    Alan Aragon http://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    Lyle McDonald http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ http://www.youtube.com/user/Team3DMJ

bdyuser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bdyuser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bdyuser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bdyuser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bdyuser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bdyuser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bdyuser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bdyuser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bdyuser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bdyuser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bdyuser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DannPM View Post
    You can eat "healthy" and still be in a caloric surplus. Also, exercising only once a week will do next to nothing for you.

You need to get serious again if you want results. Check out the stickies on here and on nutrition section as a starting place. Figure out your TDEE, figure out your macros, and go from there.
    Can this protruding pot belly be considered as bulked up state? And now I can go for cut cycle? Or am i completely wrong? Apart from diet, should I just do cardio or just weight training or both?

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    it means you are overfat, you need to be in a calorie deficit. Cardio just uses calories, use it if you need to increase deficit.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

rarog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rarog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rarog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rarog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rarog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rarog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rarog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rarog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rarog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rarog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rarog has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Both

Originally Posted by rarog View Post
    Both
    One question then. If i start being in calorie deficit, I will lose muscle. I read that first we lose muscle then fat. So, How do I gain muscle then? I am confused. What is the sequence?

Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by bdyuser View Post
    One question then. If i start being in calorie deficit, I will lose muscle. I read that first we lose muscle then fat. So, How do I gain muscle then? I am confused. What is the sequence?
    And that is one of the most backwards things that I have heard to date.

If what you "read" were true, then fat people would have to literally die (due to losing all of their muscle mass, including mass from the heart) before ever losing even a single pound of fat. Obviously that is not the case.

So, I am going to ask you to re-think what you just wrote and see if you can see just how wrong it is.

And FYI, your "metabolism" hasn't slowed.. Like many people you have simply become more lazy and sedentary as you have gotten older. Less activity = less calories consumed per day.

Aaron645 is just really nice. (+1000) Aaron645 is just really nice. (+1000) Aaron645 is just really nice. (+1000) Aaron645 is just really nice. (+1000) Aaron645 is just really nice. (+1000) Aaron645 is just really nice. (+1000) Aaron645 is just really nice. (+1000) Aaron645 is just really nice. (+1000) Aaron645 is just really nice. (+1000) Aaron645 is just really nice. (+1000) Aaron645 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Cut out the alcohol.