dpsimswm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Getting Back Into This

Here's a little about me.

* Just lost 29 pounds (from 266 to 237) on a popular weight loss program that included lots of cardio
    * Traded a desk job for working from home about 6 months ago
    * Former athlete and avid weight lifter (about 15 years ago)
    * Have a complete home gym with dumbbells, EZ bar, weight machine, dip machine
    * Just ordered a body building program (leaving out the program names)

I know how to lift and people used to refer to me as a "hulk." I am pretty sure that my testosterone levels were fairly high as a young man and I bulked up well with creatine. Now, I think I probably need a boost to my testosterone. So, I have ordered some supplements.

Do these work?

* Fenugreek
    * Suma Root Extract

I'm also thinking of ordering these:

* Maca Root (I have goiter. I am worried about this.)
    * DHEA

I noticed that the Muscle Milk I am drinking has the BCAA and L-Glutamine that are recommended. Of course, I also ordered creatine. Is this enough to get started?

Originally Posted by ***imswm View Post
    Here's a little about me.

* Just lost 29 pounds (from 266 to 237) on a popular weight loss program that included lots of cardio
    * Traded a desk job for working from home about 6 months ago
    * Former athlete and avid weight lifter (about 15 years ago)
    * Have a complete home gym with dumbbells, EZ bar, weight machine, dip machine
    * Just ordered a body building program (leaving out the program names)

I know how to lift and people used to refer to me as a "hulk." I am pretty sure that my testosterone levels were fairly high as a young man and I bulked up well with creatine. Now, I think I probably need a boost to my testosterone. So, I have ordered some supplements.

Do these work?

* Fenugreek
    * Suma Root Extract

I'm also thinking of ordering these:

* Maca Root (I have goiter. I am worried about this.)
    * DHEA

I noticed that the Muscle Milk I am drinking has the BCAA and L-Glutamine that are recommended. Of course, I also ordered creatine. Is this enough to get started?
    Honestly, I think my biggest gains will come when I cut back on alcohol consumption. I just saw that fish oil can help stimulate muscle protein synthesis. I've got a bottle of that under the sink and will add it to my list.

Any other cheap effective methods?

djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You need to read up on dhea , that is not for everyone

You really dont need any of that

Originally Posted by djflex View Post

Will do. Thanks for the heads up.

joee5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joee5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joee5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joee5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joee5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joee5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joee5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joee5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joee5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joee5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) joee5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good luck brother. I also am attempting a comeback after a 15-16 year hiatus.

Originally Posted by joee5 View Post
    Good luck brother. I also am attempting a comeback after a 15-16 year hiatus.
    My wife just dropped down to a size 4. So, I have some motivation to keep up.

She also said she didn't want me to look like Mr. Olympia. I laughed. We all know how he got that big.

Originally Posted by ***imswm View Post
    My wife just dropped down to a size 4. So, I have some motivation to keep up.

She also said she didn't want me to look like Mr. Olympia. I laughed. We all know how he got that big.
    Anyone have opinions on Ginger Root, Gingko Biloba, or Saw Palmetto? I picked up some of this from Walmart. I read that Saw Palmetto and Ginger Root can increase testosterone levels. I also read that Saw Palmetto does this by restricting DHT. Concerned about that.

I bought the Gingko Biloba because that I read it increased blood flow.

TubbyDad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TubbyDad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TubbyDad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TubbyDad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TubbyDad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TubbyDad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TubbyDad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TubbyDad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TubbyDad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TubbyDad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TubbyDad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You should probably get an actual blood test and see what your test levels are before you decide that they need a boost.
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

Follow up on DHEA

Originally Posted by djflex View Post

I'm reading up on DHEA and it appears to be a potent supplement. I'm guessing it could be used effectively by using it in moderation. I'm thinking that after I start plateauing, I should take a moderate dose for a few weeks and cycle off. That's probably months away.

thelojones is just really nice. (+1000) thelojones is just really nice. (+1000) thelojones is just really nice. (+1000) thelojones is just really nice. (+1000) thelojones is just really nice. (+1000) thelojones is just really nice. (+1000) thelojones is just really nice. (+1000) thelojones is just really nice. (+1000) thelojones is just really nice. (+1000) thelojones is just really nice. (+1000) thelojones is just really nice. (+1000)
    Get tested for low T. Don't waste money on sups until you know if your T is low and why. Sup to fix the reason your T is low. If your SHGB is super high or you have too much estrogen that can be fixed easy enough.

Some recent studies showed a lack of sleep to drop your T by 15%

Most all the ingredients in some study or other increased some T a tiny bit, but is that tiny bit worth money? Do you think you will notice a 3% increase in T? If your T is low at 300 is 9 more gonna help? Lets say you take them all and get a 20% boost, you won't notice an extra 60 when the average joe at age 35 to 44 has nearly 700, you'd need a 250% increase to be average.
    Max weight I've lifted In 2017. Trying to figure out how to cut, thinking of walking on stage next year.

BENCH-----365x1 315x7 https://youtube.com/watch?v=cQnW_pY8Oqs
    SQUAT-----405x1 https://www.instagram.com/p/BS9Pkj6AvL3
    DEADS-----0 Hurt me back :( (while deading)

I'm reading through my new eating program and explicitly calls out soy as detrimental to testosterone output. I've got a cabinet loaded with soy protein from all the major products and even soy protein powder. Soy increases cortisol and estrogen. Decreases T.

from a study found online...

RESULTS:
    This investigation observed lower testosterone responses following supplementation with soy protein in addition to a positive blunted cortisol response with the use of whey protein at some recovery time points. Although sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) was proposed as a possible mechanism for understanding changes in androgen content, SHBG did not differ between experimental treatments. Importantly, there were no significant differences between groups in changes in estradiol concentrations.
    CONCLUSION:
    Our main findings demonstrate that 14 days of supplementation with soy protein does appear to partially blunt serum testosterone. In addition, whey influences the response of cortisol following an acute bout of resistance exercise by blunting its increase during recovery. Protein supplementation alters the physiological responses to a commonly used exercise modality with some differences due to the type of protein utilized.

TubbyDad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TubbyDad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TubbyDad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TubbyDad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TubbyDad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TubbyDad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TubbyDad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TubbyDad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TubbyDad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TubbyDad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TubbyDad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You seem to be really fixated on testosterone. Are you a hypochondriac?
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
    Through passion, I gain strength.
    Through strength, I gain power.
    Through power, I gain victory.
    Through victory, my chains are broken.
    The Force shall free me.

Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Overload is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Personally don't care for soy protein. Get a good whey protein and use that when needed, but not as a sub for real food (fish, chicken, etc.). As it's been stated if you're concerned about test, get tested. Thought mine was low and it wasn't anywhere near low. Just bad diet. Now with better diet and some heavy weight training (heavy for me), feel good. If you don't count the physical ailments from getting back into it.

Good luck and don't get fixated on one topic.
    "Franco is pretty smart, but Franco's a child, and when it comes to the day of the contest, I am his father. He comes to me for advices. So it's not that hard for me to give him the wrong advices." - Arnold Schwarzenegger - Pumping Iron